/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Make Horatio Great Again edition

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Community Hub games2gether.com/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (unembed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tVz7vBqEdHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>es2 image in op
ummm...

What's the price, is it worth it?

>cool to hate CoM
>cool to like Horatio
Just admit you're a bigger human hater than Paradox.

Someone change cloning people to cloning himself

Is ES2 actually fun, or is it pretty but boring like Endless Legend?

The Shro-... Worm loves you, user. What isn't won't ever be, ya know.

>boring like Endless Legend?

some pops.

Sure, billions of people are gonna get eaten by Khorne but you get a sweet ass +15% bonus to your rate of fire.

what the fuck i didnt even click spoiler

you should have, so the website corrected your mistake

Edgiest thing you've done in-game?

It's the only other Endless game that I played. And it was shallow, relying on style over substance with a boring tactical system and a shitty RPG element slapped on top. It was essentially the Elemental/Fallen Enchantress series with a nice coat of paint.

(you)

>I disagree so he must be trolling
Okay, I'm gonna assume that the answer is yes, it's similarly mediocre.

I agree with him. Endless legend felt boring to me, although I played it before it got any expansions so maybe it's changed since then.

Is t-this the power of the hiroshima

As an aside, I really liked Elemental/Fallen Enchantress even though they were really not that great of games. You can tell at least a few people really poured their love into them.

Yeah, there were a lot of great ideas there and mechanics that honestly would have been great if polished more. Hell, a lot of them are genre standards now. Even ignoring all the stuff that EL copied (and the subset of that which Civ6 copied), can anyone think of a modern 4x game that doesn't use clothmaps?

>boring tactical system and a shitty RPG element slapped on top
Just fuck off
You are not welcome here
Im not going to bother proving you wrong because your post reeks of bait

>I hate strategy games so I need the most superficial imitations of other genres added on in order to keep me engaged
>and let's keep the strategy to a minimum!
Is this the typical Endless Legend player?

Start a new game
This happens

Well enjoy this post
It was your last, you just confirmed what i said

>Well enjoy this post
>It was your last

Ah ya, I totally forgot about the amazing cloth map it had. Random quests, heros, magic system that interacted with the resource system AND the actual world, fairly varied world monsters. I still played and liked EL more, but FE definitely had more 'soul' to it

Do riftborn have no military ships? Only hulls available are exploration and colonize and I see no hull unlocks in military tech. Got some Vodyani lecher with defending ship on my system, they stole some minor faction pop that was at my starting planet.

>Rimworld
>two people finally become a couple, so I put them in a very nice bedroom
>some guy is jealous of their room and keeps trying to woo the woman
>because she tells him to fuck off, he starts to get mad
>get him euthanized

All hull unlocks are on the left side in ES2.

Damn it, will take some time to fend those niggas off. Thanks user.

>liberate my planet from the prethoryn
>the purge doesn't stop
>nothing I do can stop my pops from being purged even though I reclaimed my planet
>purge ends and my pops disappear
>everyone hates me
>genocidal -240
Simply ebin paradox.

You can use a hard R on that one m8, vodyani are cunts.

But why? Why is the entire upper quadrant full of military shit but military ship designs are on the left?

>Random quests
I remember those as far back as Age of Wonders.
>heros
Those have been a staple for ages.
>magic system that interacted with the resource system AND the actual world
It's rarely done well, but it dates back to MoM.

Although those things (and unit creation) were all done thoroughly for the first time in a long time in the E/FE franchise, none of them actually started in it like the cloth maps or the city sprawl did.

hey aren't you glad it wasn't the unbidden again????? ;)

I dunno, I thought it was dumb when I played it in EA and was expecting them to change it. It really makes no sense considering pretty much all ships are military. I suppose they do it to prevent one dude going full military and just wiping everyone out at once. At least if someone goes all left they will have more OP ships than the civ who goes all top science.

>playing with a modded star system
>despawns your typical adjacent starting systems
>make a colony ship
>realize I haven't found a single habitable world

Wew

>Terraforming event
>Mutant horros appear
>They get to mudering my pops
>Planet is now cold instead of hot
>Kill the mutant fucks, pops are being purged, cant stop it,
>but before they die i change their preference to cold planets and build a colony ship
>mfw get complementary cold species for the price of a colony
heh its bad though, i can get more planets but it will just inflate my research

Post big battles!

Is there a big battle cam game option somewhere?

No.
Just slow the game down to normal or less, record the slideshow while moving the camera as little as possible, then speed it up so it has more than 15FPS.
youtu.be/tVz7vBqEdHc

Sell me on ES2 please. I can get it for £20. I like Stellaris but the games are getting homogenous.

It's better than Stellaris. Biggest difference is that it's turn based.

Is it foolish to use robots if you're going for Genetic Ascension? I was thinking it'd be great to double the pop-growth on my worlds, but is it a waste of energy?

A battle Cam ala Empire at War would be cool.
The battles are boring to play but at least they are flashy.

Does Stellaris have a 'best' empire build?

If so, what is it?

ES2 is basically nothing new for a 4x game, but it's pretty and has quests like EL so it doesn't feel like a sterile numbers game. Combat is still shit.

I've never noticed, but if you have one faction at 65% happiness and another spawns at 65% happiness, does your overall influence gain go down due to the split or is it evenly distributed?

>Combat is still shit
What's more likely to happen in the future: Amplitude releasing a game that isn't dragged down by its combat or Stellaris becoming at least somewhat good?

best for what? it's a sandbox game

Really makes you think

I dunno, rapid expansion?

>How to spot a /gsg/ Stellaris refugee instead of a /civ4xg/ native born blue eyed blonde haired citizen

Have they added a way to genocide other races?
>Get craver population
>Your worlds get depleted

Be honest with me, guys. Is focusing in Unity generation worth it, or should I put a heavier focus on other resource generation?

I dunno, discovering all the new aliens the first time is pretty neat. It feels like these old sci-fi shows where stuff happens that isn't always explained in the end.

There's a difference between letting in people with useful traits and letting in random fanatics just because

Bump.

I use them to "hold" planets that I still can't colonize , you can also put them on recently conquered planets , unlike normal pops they don't get affected by the unrest happiness or ethic changes

There's a difference between letting in people with useful traits and letting in random fanatics just because your ego and irrational need for virtue signaling is so big you just do whatever it takes.

>tfw planet coaster is not cracked
>tfw roller coaster 2 is barely running on my machine
>tfw I'm getting tired of opentdd
I need to satisfy my tycoon needs but I'm a dirty pirate. Send help

>tfw no park game as good as that jurassic park one

>I use them to "hold" planets that I still can't colonize
>Inflating your research and trads for a planet
Dude thats what outposts are for

Robots are great for minerals and food though

Theme Park World? Dungeon Keeper?

>"Opening your empire's doors..."
>"Capture, assimilate..."

ONE FLEET ENTERS

already played all of them user, there is no hope

>parkitect
>open access
WAKE ME UP CAN'T WAKE UP

Even Theme Park Studio?
Transport Fever?
Anno series?

all ;_; I was hoping city bound would be released not never and planet coaster would get cracked. But rip drems

I'm authoritarian, so I already have a bonus to those resources.

League Victory! Huzzah!

>finally get to Worship the Endless on the ES2 soundcloud
It's too comfy, now I have to try out Endless Space

So what's the verdict on ES2, is it good?

Post yfw you find Auriga and see depleted.

They stack though
But if you have slaves i guess its redundant

It hurts user but we all knew it was going to happen

Did they nerf liberate+vassalize? I just can't get them to accept any more, no matter what. I wipe out their fleets so they have nothing, only liberate few planets so they're weak compared to me, but they still won't accept like they would in 1.5.

Worship the Endless and Cygnus are my favorites

Which alien would you fug ?

>Cygnus

I knew I'd find a fellow Cygnusbro someday. Best track in the game by far imo. Just perfect for building and exploring.

Riftborn

>conquer someone's capital
>get the mole people event on it a few months later

How strange

Alright, I'm having a miserable time.

Could someone explain to me why despite being in tech level 5 of my miltiary tree I've got no goddamn dreadnought?

United Empire.

Question, anons. Can you still trigger an endgame crisis if you war in heaven happens?

>be bigger than the fanatic purifier
>finally rival them
>people who didn't really like me form a few naps, open borders and even get 1 defense pact out of it

Is this what being America feels like?

ship hulls are on the empire development branch

Yes, they're separate

Yeah, war in heaven's not classed as a crisis.

Here's some info

>Prethoryn: random chance of happening, 10% chance of not happening ever, is rolled at start
>Unbidden: Arrive after the first non-FE jump drives are put into action

With that knowledge, you can wait for the Prethoryn to come with their first event, which ensures they arrive, and then get jump drives before they actually arrive. This will ensure both Prethoryn and Unbidden spawn and on top of a war in heaven, will fuck your galaxy up beyond belief. Have fun.

>totally not babylon 5 guise

Can you fags please stop shitting up stellaris general?

why don't you go back to /gsg/? oh wait, you got kicked out and hijacked a dead general

>coral reefs on a lava planet
t-thanks amplitude

Sorry, Isn't this sword of the stars general?

It's been decades, decades since my psi jump drives have been used all over. Maybe a century too. I'm just now researching red ai too. I don't have any synths, but someone must have.

I need more RTS with spiders.

Endless Space is too fucking hard for me.There is so much features, it's overwhelming
Stellaris has much better tutorial

It makes clear references to Bab 5 my dude.

But it's not Bab 5 because there they tell them to get the hell out of the galaxy, and in Stellaris you actually gotta nuke them the hell out of your galaxy.

Did you try Beginner?

>xenophilia
degenerate