Work sucks

Anyone else feel that works sucks? I waste the best hours of my day, 5 days a week for chicken feed.

And I'm not talking about dead-end jobs or low pay. I enjoy my job, I get paid pretty well, I just hate the fact my life revolves around my job more than anything else.

How do I escape this? I don't care about getting rich, I just want to be comfortable and work maybe 2-3 days a week. What are my options?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's my plan to achieve similar goals.
>Work
>Save up $100k or get loan for $100k
>Buy established gas station, convenience store with $30k annual profit
>Continue working
>Save/borrow another $100k
>Buy another gas station
>Rinse & repeat until the stores are making you enough money to quit your job

I would've had my first store already but I'm very young so I decided to buy foreign cars instead. I don't really regret the decision. However, good plan nonetheless. Does not necessarily have to be a gas station but it must be an established business with verified financials to minimize risk.

You're welcome.

1) Max your savings rate for early retirement: mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

2) 1), but downshift to part time work instead of full retirement

3) 2), but just switch to part time immediately. Minimize time spent at work while still being able to pay bills.

4) Switch careers

5) Go all out in your job, aiming for a promotion, starting your own business, something like that.

6) Clock out mentally, grind out your work time, and spend nights + weekends on hobbies/family/shitposting

youre going to need more than 100k

Not where I'm from. Of course you need a bit of money aside for overhead but in my state there's dozens of gas stations for sale anywhere from $100k-$150k that profit on average $50k a year. My neighbor owns 3.

you're gonna have to find a loophole of some sort to get on a 3day work week. What kind of job do you have?

Your options:

A) Start a business
B) Get into a career that is so lucrative you can afford to take lots of time off

>dozens of gas stations for sale anywhere from $100k-$150k that profit on average $50k a year
where the fuck do you live?

In fuckin imaginary land

My plan is to build a passive income. Probably start with a modest bit of real estate, get it rented out. Have a few of these, you could live of that money. Go live in a 3rd world toilet and you can probably do it off just one property.

Pick related, I used to live here, it's worth it to be a free man and have all your time to yourself.

No, not imaginary land, Southern NJ. They're along a major highway too, unbranded but franchises are for keks.

>How do I escape this?
You win the lottery.
or
You start living in a van, wearing the same clothes every day and never being able to afford the things you want.

Like others are saying, try to get some legitimate income coming in from other sources. I've been saving aggressively from my wageslave job and I'm about to buy my second house and start renting out my first house. With any luck, I can keep saving and acquiring additional income properties. Hopefully in 10-15 years, I'll have enough rental income coming in that I don't have to work that hard and I can just focus on managing my properties.

Something isn't right of they're making 50K profit but are only selling for 100K

>Anyone else feel that works sucks? I waste the best hours of my day, 5 days a week for chicken feed.
Yeah, I've been thinking this myself a lot lately. I've been getting into investing, but it just seems without decent capital you're never going to get anything substantial. I can't do any better either, because I'm 36 and I pretty much fucked my life early on. I hope humanity dies soon.

Yeah, I'm wondering if $50k is seller's discretionary earnings, assuming the seller worked at the store full time. If you bought it as a passive investment, most of that would have to go to paying a manager.

I've also thought about real estate recently. Only started saving money the past year though and am 24. I'm considering foregoing moving out so I can save nore and aim to have a few properties at least when I'm 30.

i took a look at a few listings and i think i figured it out

for listings at that price you're only buying the business, not any property or real estate. you own the furniture inside the building and any contracts that the business has (employment, gas/food delivery, lottery, etc.) and you pay rent to the owner of the building/land. stations that cheap are "unbranded" as well, good branding can dramatically improve profits and therefore sale prices.

essentially you're spending $100k to buy a job that pays $50k/year. this could be a good deal if you can figure out a way to do the job part-time, but it doesn't scale very well unless you're willing to hire a business manager - but that will cut into your cut of the profits significantly.

Well, its just as easy to be rich as it is gain your freedom. Same rules apply also. Read some of these and u will understand.

Right there with u bro. Highest paying job i ever had. My 1 customer for today just said he was done for the day. God willing i will be doing pic related for 5 more hours on paid overtime.

Still rather be at home...

Forgot "these"

This pic tho. Holy shit

I know a guy that owns a gas station. Can be pretty lucrative. Minimum shit tier wage job that anyone can do. Turnover is high but u can have 40 part timers... foreign cars for fun or fliping?

I keep seing Australian cars poping up with big blocks in them.

Wonder if there is money to be made building foreign hotrods on my days off. .

Thats pretty legit roi.

Comparable to owning oil leases at about $70 a barrel.

It takes about $40 a barrel to float a small oil company and not starve. Under sucks dick. Over and we nigga rich

Kek.

Mfw butter aerosal can for oans at oizza hut.

Mfw litterally getting fatter by breathing.

Seems alright. As a landlord i will tell u to not buy a shithole. If i could go back i would buyb1 descent property over 4 shitholes.

I feel like id do good in a place like that. I love to tinker with junk shit. And people would actually want my cobles together contraotions and trailers.

There is a gas station in my home town in direct neighbourhood to a hardware store, car dealer and a bureau. Beside gas they sell food (cantine quality) and have a car wash.

The car dealer is their main customer (it's nearly impossible to get your car washed), they sell breakfast and lunch to nearly every employee around them (a gas station makes its profits through the shop, not the gas).

You should definitely check out if the object you wanna buy is similar to that.

Used to drive a semi. If you get a lot just off an interstate that has "food - gas" signs on it you cant help but be rich. Even next door to another. Just be visible on the interstate and have truck parking.

Does your neighbor have any truck parking? If he does you should submit it to thos books in truckstops. Forget wtf they are called but its a giant list of pretty much anywhere you can shut down and park at. Parking for trucks can be a bitch. You may litterally get paying customers against their will if they get stuck there with elogs for 34 hours or something.

Good luckbto u my man

You should. Im 31 with 2 houses. Generally they want 20% down if that helos. So a a descent single family 150k loan youd need like 30k plus fees and shit.

There are other ways to get money though if ubwanna be creative. Should read this shit. It will change your life.

Fuck yeah mang. I heard the gas barely payd for the pumps. But holy shit up until about a monthbago i was spending 15 or 20 bucks living out of that place 6 days a week for 15 years. I see people in there doing the same thing every single day.

I have considered a car was but there are like 3,000 people in my county and we already have 1.

They seem problematic as fuck too. Always broken somehow.

But if i did i would have one like my dad's workplace has. Most car washes wont even wash a dusty car for under 5 bucks. We got the one at his work installed and the first thing he did was peel a 2 inch wide strip of paint off the hood of a brand new ford raptor. Litterally just off the showroom floor not 3 hours and he did that. Boss wasnt even mad. That thing will save them hundrrds of thousands in time alone just washint off equipment to work on it.

thanks

I have £15k from the last year but could have saved more. Should be able to buy early next year