Why we never talk about old z4?

are we aware that the 3 litre variant is as powerful as an s2000?

why we talk about gay pride miata cars instead?

are we aware that 2nd hand these memes sell at below $8000?

Other urls found in this thread:

auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=9906
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

open diff

holy hell that greens ugly

Is it better than the Gayata? It certainly looks sexier.

z4's handling razor sharp and it grips very nicely. miatas more of a toy imo

maintenance is legendary. in the first review i read after a few hours test drive 2 tyres puncture costing above 600 dollars to repair. yep 600 coz tubeless .

>Blow 2 tires
>Cost a lot
Satan youre retarded that isn't maintenance

You are aware that you don't have to replace them with runflats and you can just put normal ones on, right?

That is what most owners do, runflats are utter shit and cost a fortune

it is maintenance specific to that car . other cars dont do such things coz they have normal cheap tyres not high tech tyres with meme reliability

true z4 don't have spare either if i remembered, since e90 and e60 bmw use run flat. Runflat is costly..

you can just put a spare in the trunk tho

so don't use runflats. they're shit anyway.

Yeah they ditched the spare in favour of these shit tyres around that time in most models. Most people either carry a spare in the boot or a can of tyre weld to limp them to a tyre shop once they put normal tyres on.

so the tires are stupid but what about the car?

We don;t talk about it because it doesn't look good, and it's out of reach for most of Veeky Forums's wallet.

Also, it worse because it needs a 3.0 I6 to make as much power as a 2.0 I4. It's more front heavy (50/50 vs 49/51), and heavier outright (between 100 and 150kg iirc). Unlike the S2000, the Z4 isn't mid engined, which means it's got a worse turnin in most cases.This is even more pronounced when you figure that there's a 3.0 I6 over the fron axle instead of a 2.0 I4 behind the axle, it just naturally doesn't want to steer as sharp as the S2K.

tl;dr Z4 is a bloated GT compared to the S2K

>heavier
>S2000: 1260-1380kg
>Z4: 1220-1420kg
yeah no

>needs an i6
>S2000: 241hp, 208Nm
>Z4: 265hp, 315Nm
you're right, the bmw doesn't make as much power since it doesn't rev to the moon, but it makes 50% more torque. The s2000 has as much torque as the 150hp 2.0i version of the z4

>out of reach
Pretty much this, especially the coupe version is going up in price, it's worse than the s2000 ricer-tax.
A friend of mine just sold his z4m coupe after 3 years of owning it, sold it for 2k more than what he paid for it and got a IS F instead for that v8

>2.0 I4 is better than a 3.0 I6
>50/50 vs 49/51 is in any way relevant or noticeable in the real world
>mfw

>50/50 is shit balance compared to 49/51
Lmfao put a cement bag in the trunk and it's 49/51 too

My mates S2000 is registered as weighing 1220kg, which is what most magazines agree on. We'll go with your 1260kg figure instead. No idea where you'd ever find a 1390kg example.

Z4s may be 1120 kg in I4 trim, but the 3.0 I6 ones weigh a bit more. I just found a 1365 and 1395 figure.
auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=9906
So roughly 100kg depending on trim is correct.

>torque
>relevant in a lightweight roadster
Pick one. Also, power/weight is identical.

Yeah, especially the M models are going up like crazy.

The problem is that the Z4 is noticably heavier in I6 trim, despite having a similar power/weight ratio. Also, the engine is longer and heavier, whcih makes for a worse turnin, which is really noticable. It really is front heavy compared to the S2000, but that's a given when you're comparing a heavy-ass I6 to a midengined I4. Haven't driven a Z4M yet, but on base I6 models it's clearly lacking.

>Improve weight distribution by adding weight
Newton would like a word with you.

Two sport cups are $400 why repair the fucking tire.

Z4 was a great car in GT racing. Just ignore that poorfag.

If you think pic related has anything to do with the Z4 road car, think again. Just because a car was a good racecar, doesn't mean it's a good road car.

I'm not saying the Z4 is bad, it just doesn't stack up well against a much more lively S2000.

Z4M blows the doors off the S2000 every day of the week though.

>Unlike the S2000, the Z4 isn't mid engined
Unlike MR2, S2000 isn't mid engined either you moron

For how much money

The engine is fully between both axles (i.e. in the middle of them)

Word.

See this? See that the entire engine, from the very first cylinder backwards, is between the engine?
I guess you could say, that this engine is in the middle of the axles. Mid-engined, as it were.

>is between the axles?
Proofread your posts people.

i guess that means my corolla and about a billion other fwds are actually mid engined too

Depends on the exact positioning, since the entire engine needs to behind the front axle line, and not too many manufacturers do that, since it severely intrudes on passenger space. But yeah, some FWD shitboxes are technically mid-engined.

most new age fwd cars have the engine completely in front of the axle.

but yes in all technicality it is mid engined.

a better way of saying it is front mid. It is seriously one of the most important things that engineers consider from a dynamics point of view. If you have no weight in front of the front axle all the momentum is being led through the corner and none of it is being dragged and essentially multiplying itself by being outside of the wheelbase.

ever wonder why audis and subarus suffer from understeer so much? its because the engine sits in front of the axle

fuck I got off track.

S2000 is mid engined, front mid engined because the engine is in the middle of the axles

>3 liter as powerful as an n/a 2 liter
kek

>what is torque
>what is revs

completely different uses for these cars. one is a GT roadster, the other is a sports car without a roof

>ugly

The z4 is a womans car
Ive never seen a man drive it

the styling is pretty polarizing and frankly has not aged well
they're kind of heavy
standard bmw reliability complaints

however they're comfortable, the chassis is great, and yes they're powerful.
just don't get a 2.5i, it's a waste

Apparently the German version was 60kg heavier than the japanese version that is rated 1260kg (and dunno about the US one, they even got a 2.2L engine according to wiki)
So 60kg more for the base model plus whatever extras you could tick plus the features like esp that got added later on, the car was produced for a decade, they changed stuff here and there

Actually, my mate's German and his is registered as 1220.

Still, the Z4 is noticably heavier.

$20k roughly
s2k costs what, $15k?

id pay 20 for a z4m.
theyre about 30 in my area

OP was talking about Miata not S2K, but, I dont think is so important. Miata gets talked more because it looks cute and more affordable. Z4 is sexy and fun car and to me inline six sound amazing I4 is not so nice. whores will like the you in bmw more. Z4 just is more expensive and not as reliabe but maybe not as much as you think?

The z4 is a mans car
Ive never seen a woman drive it

Yeah thats called front-mid. Calling it mid-engined, while technically true, is misleading.

Because a Boxster is better in every way

fucking beetle

OP was literally talking about how the Z4 compares to the S2000, and how the Miata is mediocre by comparison. The Miata gets talked about because it's fun, and engaging to drive, which a mid-model Z4 isn't (as much).

Sexy? Not to a lot of people, the styling is too polarising. That inline six means there's a lot more weight up front, and the only benefit over a great I4 (like in the S2000) is sound, but only to a degree. If you're buying a car to impress whores, BMWs don't work unless they're less than three years old. The Z4 is pretty reliable from what I know from a mate, but parts are just expensive compared to cheap and cheerful roadsters like, again, the Miata.

Technically correct though, which is the best kind of correct. Just because everybody assumes mid-engined=rear-mid-engined, doesn't mean you can't have front-mid-engined cars, and the normies here need to be educated on that. I swear, everytime I mention something like the S2000 or Viper being mid-engined, somebody comes up and correct me, while they're actually wrong and don't know about the advantages (rearward weight distribution, low polar moment of inertia) this layout fundementally creates.

this is also why Nissan tried the front mid in the 24hours of le man . It failed, but at least they've made the research and tried it.

Because old BMWs are a death sentence for a paycheck

It's fat as fuck which kind of defeats the purpose of a roadster

Got a 2007 2.5si.
It's nice.
Bit heavy.

hwow so

im also a 2.5 cuck. any plans to upgrade?

Not really. 215bhp is fine by me, even for the weight.
Getting a new one after just buying it would kill me financially most likely.
Also lol insurance (eurocuck)

The hybrid failed that car not the engine placement. Nissan killed the project before it could be really tested

What the fuck patch and plug costs $600?
99% of all cars use tubeless tires. If anything there whats referred too as " Runflat" but that is a trademark of Michelin or someone. Basically the tire has a reinforced sidewall. Some speciality "runflat" rims exist and government vehicles use a plastic insert between the rim and tire but they are all tubeless

Unless the sidewall was damaged from driving on it flat for too long and they had to replace each tire. That makes sense but you're talking out of your ass if you say a tire repair costs $600

996 blows both at like 10k

Z4M coupe faggot here. Kys and get a M Clownshoe if you have 30k (60k for the S54) to throw out the window

not happy with the z4m?

It's a great car. But I'd rather have a clownshoe because of its rarity and value. It's also more "hardcore" from what I've heard.