Should I get an MX-5 RF (2017) as a first car? Thoughts?

Should I get an MX-5 RF (2017) as a first car? Thoughts?

That depends, have you come out to your parents yet?

I wish I would be a fag. That would make it easier...

Just buy an e55 w211

The base model starts at 25k just get that instead. The rf is the mid-life-crisis trim.

Good luck paying for mainteinance and fuel.

>2 litre twin cam VVT
>155hp

Disgraceful.

Explain yourself.

>the same as a 1.6 corolla motor from 1991

Would still be cheaper than a new miata
And faster and more comfortable and more practical

You realize there's more to horsepower than just displacement right?

Evidently if Mazda manages to get such dismal numbers from a "performance" 2 litre.

Yes you should

Where did Mazda claim it was a performance engine just curious?

>sports car
>doesn't have a performance engine

What?

I bet that this little guy can make you smile.

If you can afford a new mx5 RF, with insurance and maintenance and want it, go for it.

you're still learning to drive though
get a corolla or a civic for a year or two while you iron out your driving and get the first car crashes out of your system, then invest in a dreamy mx5 ND

that's what guys say before they turn into traps for maximum easy

also just get a 2k NA

>sports cars have to be fast!!!1!!
Don't you have to prepare for school?

>much cleaner burning
>14:1 compression ratio
>more torque in the mid range
>better area under the curve
>gets 40mpg in a convertible with no over drive
>Miata is faster around a track than an S2000 that has nearly 100hp more
>modern engine with tighter tolerances versus an old as shit engine with worn internal an blow by almost as bad as your daily blow bangs
Yeah man, Mazda must be shit

Otherwise it's a shitty sportscar desu
What's the deal with Veeky Forums only liking slow pieces of shit anyway? Is it just an extreme case of poorfaggery?

Bus riders with no licenses will never smile

I'll bite. You can drive it at the limit most of the time on public roads

But no cars wouldn't know about that

>first car
>wants to buy an overpriced variant of a Miata
Just get a clean NB for $10k and shut the fuck up

all of that is good, until you are tall and can't have fun with it because you don't fit in

But then you get bored of the limit and want to go faster. Its more fun to drive a faster car and go as fast as the road/ track allows anyway. Driving "at the car's limit" is a meme. But you who haven't driven a fast car wouldn't know.

6'3" and I can fit just fine

Yeah, because people are poor.

t. bus rider

Poor people don't buy summer toys, they ride the bus with you

Says the guy who probably owns a shitty shitbox and comes here to rant about how people spend their money.
Grow up mate

wow this is EXACTLY the kind of argument I expected back when I called you summer
have another (You) for conforming to it

That's not me you fucking moron.

tfw I am 170 cm.

you should be asking your boyfriend not Veeky Forums

wow its faster than a car that's over 10 years old, well done

Look I get you guys like your Miatas and you don't mind that they are slow but can you please stop pretending that the abysmal power Mazda gets from their piston engines is a good thing?!
Or even worse - pretending that it's deliberate!!

If Mazda could get more power out of their piston engines they would, it's just they suck at it.

>170 cm.
just kill yourself already

I have an average age (for Japan), therefore I can enjoy the MX-5.

Fit in NA or the newest ones?
I'm 6'3" too and I still want the NA some day but I'm not sure if I'll fit.

>only company interested in increasing thermal efficiency and saving the ICE
>"durr Mazda a shit"
Enjoy your hybrid and electric """"""""""sports cars"""""""""

ND just fine. NA with a seat shaver mod

I grew up racing electric RC cars and let me tell you the future is bright!

no get a 3k civic instead.

If it's all about power why don't you just buy a plane? That has A LOT of horsepower! What are all these carfags even doing?

Well it depends on your reason for buying it. If you want to enjoy driving it, absolutely buy it. If you want it to make your penis look bigger and impress girls, don't.

t. busrider

>Is it just an extreme case of poorfaggery?

yes, Veeky Forumstists will say >muh mods and >muh tunes but they can't afford that shit either and are just using it for justification

that being said the Miata has stupid good handling and is a cool ass car despite being slower than your grandmother's cutlass

test

Turbodiesel Golf better than Miata shit.

>wrong wheel drive
>slowfuck diesel shit
>all your electronics will break in a month

wew

>Slowfuck diesel shit
A diesel Golf with a remapped ecu is something to fear, beats your fancy bmws and audis every day. I cant comment on the electronics, because I dont own a new one, mine is a 2003, and the electronics on that car are all fine. And so what if its fwd, as long as youre not going insanely fast on the stock suspension, its fine.

you can remap the shit all you want but it's still going to be slower than an equivalent gasoline engine remap

Speed3's make 260 horsies from a turbo 4 stock, tell me how that's bad

get one of these for less than that thing AWD FTW

what a gay looking car

Hahaha, unless the gas engine is turboed, youd be lucky to get 1 hp out of a NA.

Should i get 2107 as my first car? Just look at this CLASSY design.

That is a 2105, you have been bamboozled my friend.

Shiiit, i'l better get this then. I feel italian roots in this curves.

My grandpa had this.

>muh power

why are amerifats so delusional?

delet

RR is the superior layout, but why does nobody mention another classic. The Moskvich (AZLK) 412

Is OP even in this thread any more?

How old are you?
What state are you in?
What's your financial situation?

A new depreciating asset as a first car may be a bad move. If you have un established credit, the minimum payments may not be enough to cover initial depreciation.

Even a 2016 softtop will be tons cheaper.

Except they have gotten more power out of them before. Take a look at the Mazdaspeed Miata (almost 180hp), the 3rd generation with 166hp, and the Fiat 124 Spider with 164hp

It's not a huge difference, but as far as the Miata is concerned they *have* made it more powerful in the past. If it weren't a deliberate move then they wouldn't have taken off 20hp for the ND, plus they kinda had to give the NC more power due to how much it weighed

>mazda can't make a powerful car
actually learn about the brand you're complaining about before saying anything

delet this

Do NOT delete this.

DELET

that's what I meant by equivalent

diesels are slow as shit

ND owner here

Highly recommend it to anyone that doesnt need more than two seats(Just you and girlfriend no kids etc).

Car is a ton of fun and power is great in low end, decent in mid and drops off at top but the car is so well balanced and good handling that you wont miss top end power to much.

If I had more money I would buy a second one as project car to do a crazy amount of mods

Really is a 10/10 car

Pros
Looks good(way better in person than online pics)
Outstanding handling
50/50 balance
good shifting
Good torque in low and mid range
Lightweight
RWD

cons

Lack of top end power but lets be realistic here you wont get to safely use top end power in any city. One of my friends has 2016 mustang gt, has awesome power but he rarely gets to use it and its basically in short spurts

TLDR: ND is a good fucking car and you should consider buying one if you can afford it

It is literally impossible for gmcucks to recover from this.

Pics of your car? Do you have to force it to skid? I mean, I care about safety and I have seen many videos where the car start skidding for no reason.

Dont got any pics on this computer got most them on phone.

Car is definetly a bit drift happy so you have to be mindful of that but i have never felt like it would ever spin out or lose control. Its really well balanced. It actually tends to straighten it self out when you take a turn to hard

Boyfriend****

lmao

I'm browsing at work and I'm trying so hard not to bust out laughing and get yelled at
GM ETERNALLY BTFO

>Diesels are slow as shit
That Impreza wrx that tried to pass my dads 250+ hp (remapped ecu) 530d and failed hard would say otherwise. And turbodiesel golfs arent lazy either, my golf has 100 hp stock and can be easily brought up to 120+ hp.

Wow whole 20hp !!!

>2k

yea if you want one that's rice'd out and molested by some haggard garage wannabe dorifto shitter with 300k on it and an ebay turbo.

you're looking at least 4-6k here in minneapolis for a decent one. Maybe it's just the area but the NA is jumping in price a shit ton.

Its plenty fast even with 100, and the 120 hp was just a rough estimate, thats why I put 120PLUS. Somewhere the gains are 50 hp, somewhere less, and you have the Evry mod as a last resort.

>Wow whole 20hp !!!
>he says in a miata thread

Ikr, this engine puts any miata engine to shame.

>Wow whole 20hp !!!

Do you have any inkling of what +%50 power does to the driving feel of a car?

>20 is 50% of 100

Even the GT-S only had 135hp, and that was under the old SAE standard (it'd be rated lower now). And the current Miata has decent torque - the hp number suffers because it runs out of breath at a relatively low rpm. In normal driving it feels more powerful than 155hp suggests. (Not saying it's amazing, just decent.)

I'd either get the regular convertible or a Toyota 86. The FR works best with the top up but I don't think it's as good as the 86 if you just want a coupe.

Don't get an MX-5, wait for the S-FR to get released.

>wait for the S-FR to get released

It's going to get officially announced at the Tokyo Motor Show in October, just wait.

>japan only

what now user

It'll probably come to other RHD countries too, and who cares about Americans?
I'm pretty sure you can get an S660 in Australia, for example.

They don't make speed3s anymore?

Also they are kinda awkward?

I ride home in my coworkers speed3 and its a "larger" hatchback, but the interior is set up that if you have people in the front seats its rather impractical to have people in the rears

>old vette
shit graph

In the US at least, it's not considered a "larger" hatchback. It's a compact car that was never all that space-efficient so it's a little smaller inside than a Civic.

girls love convertibles tho

Fiat uses the 1.4 multiair, not the 2.0 skyactiv, iirc.

>Toyota 86
Looks really nice, but isn't it a higher step in prices?

you pick up way more chicks in an mx5 or a miata than in something like a challenger. you also don't look like you're overcompensating.

>you pick up way more chicks in an mx5 or a miata than in something like a challenger

k I'm all about the Miata over a fat landbarge, but lets not flat out lie to the kid.