WHEELS

For cheap shit is konig any good?
Lookin to eventually replace the steelies on my '11 civic.

Other urls found in this thread:

alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN/rota-wheels.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You want cheap shit buy used off Craigslist

sell that fuckin gay car

konig are fine wheels
they also make advanti wheels which sponsor a f1 team so theyre not shit
you dont need our approval

Yeah, pretty good for cheap shit.

Fuck off ricer.

keep it stock faggot. if you want some wheels buy some used oem wheels from a higher trim level.

ricer?
for saying that konig is ok and makes advanti?
something you need to get off your chest bud?

anything that's not stock or OEM is ricer faggotry.

>im too poor to mod my shitbox

>i know better than the engineers that designed my car

Save the money for something else, OP. Like an "in case of emergency" fund.

>i dont understand that cars are engineered to a price point and my car can definitely be upgraded

makes sense that you think all mods are rice
when your too poor to afford anything extra for your shitbox
youve never had to do research on your shitbox and the aftermarkets mods that are actually worth it
maybe one day

Sometimes cars are designed with a specific price point in mind. Certain modifications, when done right, are a net positive in; output, efficiency, or performance. A great example of this would be brakes. Upgrading to larger models will give you better stopping power, but is more expensive than what rolls off the assembly line.

>spending money "upgrading" your shitbox when you could've just spent that money on a better car to begin with

I'd much prefer keeping my current car instead.

Lightweight wheels you can transfer between cars of the same bolt pattern. And better tires should be the first upgrade you buy on any car and many times you may need to buy an aftermarket wheel to fit better tires.

Also not understanding that such a thing as emotional value exists.

Also not understanding that a more expensive car doesn't not equal a better car.
An SW20 Turbo with some bolt ons, a tune, wheels, and sticky tires will run circles around many newer performance cars for a fraction of the price. Also the car is known for its good steering feel which is hard to find in a newer more expensive car.
My AW11 is more enjoyable to drive than any other car I've ever driven, so in my opinion, it's better than those cars.

Because you are a dumb arse ricer if you think advanti are quality wheels and fall for stupid sponsorship crap.

The only cars that I consider unacceptable to modify are halocars/supercars where no cost has been spared.
This includes cars like the F40, the Carerra GT, F1, Agera R, LFA, Veyron/Chiron, etc.
Those are cars that they made everything the best they could make it, because cost didn't matter.

Every other car has business moguls forcing engineers to cut corners to reduce costs. That's why your GT86 doesn't come with a full adjustable coilover system, even though Toyota could easily produce one and put it into the car.

Good aftermarket companies like Dinan, Tomei, Magnaflow, and others put twice as much R&D and engineering time into their suspension setups for each car than the OEM manufacturer ever did. So it's not that I know better, it's that a company like Dinan knows better.

well konig is the company that christian von konigsegg made before he started making their cars, they use them on konigseggs for factory testing, very high quality!

Very interesting! Veeky Forums actually taught me something today.

> aftermarket providers making a few thousand suspensions
> twice as much r&d as manufacturers making a few million
yeah ok
I can absolutely believe that aftermarket suppliers can spend more money on an individual unit than an OEM, and that they can produce items to specifications that are more closely aligned, tradeoff-wise, to an enthusiast's interests than an OEM, but I *really* doubt that they spend more time and effort on engineering than the original manufacturer.

You think companies like Toyota did a lot of R&D for the wheels that they put on the AE86?

Did you know that Enkei wheels were a factory upgrade option offered for the AW11 MR2? Toyota literally said they were better wheels.

A wheel company has all of their R&D into wheels (obviously) while a large manufacturer needs to R&D every single part of the car. Aftermarket parts are very often engineered to a much higher standard.

>Aftermarket parts are very often engineered to a much higher standard.
Not if they are counterfeit copies.
There's a lot of counterfeits out there sold as real ones.

China makes crappy copies of everything. I'm not referring to the chink shit.

It literally knocked-off.

Certain konig wheels use the same flow-forming manufacturing technique that enkei pioneered - actually, konig licenses the technique from them. Still not nearly as strong as forged, but I would trust those kinds of wheels a bit more than the low-pressure gravity-cast "tuner" type wheels.

what's funny is that XXR wheels are made in Taiwan by the same manufacturer that makes wheels for WORKS

I've had rota grids with toyo proxies on my car for a year and they've held up to driving off curbs, hitting massive potholes, freezing temperatures, and driving from socal to washington state. No problems.

Just follow common sense regarding physics and know that with cheaply made wheels: the skinnier the spokes, the more likely they will break.

>I believe every dumb thing every one says

retard alert

ive had jr12's for a year.
They've gone through multible races and ruff driving without problems.Not even a scratch on them.
So have many other people.

So your local Rota wheels dealer gets them from here?

alibaba.com/countrysearch/CN/rota-wheels.html

Authentic. Just look for the alibaba seller that says authentic Rota. There are even Rota that are better than your normal Rota since the manufacturer says it is Professional Rota. USA chains can sell items that are claimed to come from Japan but after they arrive, there might be a mark "CN" or "China". Remember carefully "enkei from japan" or "enkei imported from japan" doesn't mean "made in". It can be a transshipped item from China.

>'11 civic
>cheap aftermarket alloys

Konig helium is pretty popular in autocross

Official Rota wheels are made in the Philippines and not China. So it doesn't matter if those chinese sellers claim they have official Rota wheels. Some chinese sellers even reprint the Rota warranty papers along with the Rota address for you to get warranty claims.

>For cheap shit is konig any good?
It's reasonable if it is authentic. That spidery rim in your picture is also one of those frequently copied by many chinese makers. As to where Konig rims are made, who knows? It's a USA company, but so are many chinese manufacturers that have a DBA office in the USA. The rims can be wholly made in china, yet have a "made in usa" logo if the raw rims are sent to the usa company for cosmetic treatments. The DBA usa office just polishes, coats, paints, and seals with a polyurethane finish. Despite those being important for looks, the metal, casting, forming, and inspections are in china if that is the case.

Anyways, it seems that Konig rims are from Taiwan. Taiwan doesn't have natural resources, so the metal is probably from China. It's up to their metallurgists to keep inspecting ingots or castings to make sure the aluminum alloy percentages are correct.

Konig uses gravity casting for rims but has been switching more and more to flow casting. Better rims are of course forged.