How bad is Sun damage?

How bad is Sun damage?

I don't feel like being a faggot and bringing a car cover to work

Wax exist for a reason

its hard on the vehicle if you live in a very sunny area. it would be worth getting a cover for it

I bought a used shitbox on Craigslist where the only real flaw was sun damage, on the roof and hood. Is there a way to reverse the effect without a repaint?

if its bad enough you can see it, its probably in too bad a shape to fix with buffing or something like that

I think its a fucking meme

I drive a 23 year old suburban that has spent its whole life outside in texas, and the paint is perfectly fine (apart from two lightening areas on opposite sides of the hood that're about 1x2 inches in size

I think the real problem is retards that use automatic carwashes that essentially sandpaper their paint's clearcoat off with other car's accumulated grime

This, once I learned how abusive those things are I downright don't use them.

Old roommate bought a shitbox coupe, ended up getting a car cover. Looks autistic as hell whenever I see it.

Sun damage is especially bad. Wax your car if you're not going to use a car cover or park in shade. That said, trees are a bad thing to park under. Sap requires you to soak the sap in water before washing, leaves will release tannins once they start dying (which granted, isn't going to fuck up your car over the course of a double shift, but over time it's drops in a bucket). Park on the north side of a building (assuming you live in the northern hemisphere), or in the spot north of a van or other huge as fuck vehicle and wash it often.

Sage

Use a car cover if you want to look autistic. The thing with those covers too is that due to accumulated dirt, rocks and whatnot you have to be careful or you will accidentally scratch the car while putting the cover on and off.

I think that the sun does more damage to the interior of the car than anything. It can make your headline fall down, fade leather seats, etc. I'd just use those windshield covers.

Why wouldn't you just not make a post? Goofball.

are you talking about the ones with the brushes? i've never seen one in my life, all the automatic car washes around here just spray your car with water and soap

autism

then why do I always see those super faded cars?

Shouldn't be an issue with quality paint and paintjob. People down here only put a cover on a car when they go back up North for the season. My car is a 2001 that has always lived outside I have no fading or clear coat issues at all

t. south floridian

If the clearcoat's failed all you can do is sand and repaint

I dont understand how THIS happens then

I bought a car last year and I let the rain wash it, I really dont want to get BTFO by the sun and have to buy a new car NOT look like I live in poverty

By never washing it and never waxing it

Jokes on you, my headliner is made out of 70s shag carpet.

This, my m3's rubber and fabric is so fucked for parking it at work everyday under the florida sun, i even use a windshield shield

South Florida sun ruined my old Saab's rubber weather stripping around my back window in 2 years flat. Shit just crumbled off on your fingers. Granted, the car was 10 years old at that point, but sun damage is definitely a thing