Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General /pubg/

Chicken Dinner Edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TTrD5OIgCn4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hear a guy drive up to the house i just looted
>cock a grenade
>as he's walking back up to the car, lob it

i wish i hadn't wasted it by immediately killing myself with his car

KYS

>tfw you get a good final circle and the last other group has to move out right in your field of vision and you just spray them down

all planned

>tfw when I just know I will never ever have a match this good for the rest of the time I play this game

>rushing the white when the blue hasn't started closing yet

You deserved to die fucking retard.

>drop in a random compound with 3 or 4 buildings
>Leaving house
>Guy camping outside the door with undercover
>Gets both shots off, somehow only one shit hits me despite being point blank.
>Have m4 and click to unload on his ass
>Guns not firing
>Start rubber banding in and out of the doorway while he's stuck in reloading animation
>Load catches up and I get 3 shots on him while he rings off 2 more shots into my chest
>RIP me

Simply awesome. Never had problems with lag until this week. Wtf is going on

you need 100gb ram, duh. your fault, game is fine

Underover** shot**
Autocorrect is such shit

>netcode won't even be addressed for another 40 days

Why can't I hit anything with the AKM? It's shit in close range and pure shit when used to target people on distance as well.

It's supposed to have a higher damage value than the M416 but it doesn't feel this way. Also, it's unaccurate as fuck

It's always a death sentence for me if I get nothing but an AKM

Honestly they must be running this shit on fucking potatoes. I mean I've had some minor rubber banding in the start up lobby and on the plane but never anything like this. It took a good 10 seconds to catch up

I find it works okay with a 2x. Irons are shit and the inaccuracy makes a 4x unreliable. 2x seems to be the sweet spot for its zero

>phoneposter
Explains a lot.

>salty potatoboy detected

feel like single taps are great, but spraying is terrible

More like 36 days, but yeah it's bullshit. Weekly updates are gonna be pointless.

>killing the guy who just looted the crate and grabbing all the goodies off his body

anyone from the old dayz generals here?

>parachute into zone
>run into nearest building
>random guy already in building
>immediately start beating the shit out of each other
>kill him
>shot in back seconds later
When the servers arent shitting themselves this game is pretty good

KYS

>get a nice initial loot
>get gibed by a camper
welp

>looting
>open a door to a balcony
>nothing on balcony
>turn around and open door to a different room than the one I came from
>stuck between doors
>can fit two people in this gap
>wtf.jpg
>jump animation plays
>for fuck's sake
>"YOU died from falling"

Fuck you game. I had some crazy good loot too.

Everyone talks about what the best rifle is

But what is the best pistol

And why is it i hate all the pistols in this game they're not accurate enough

>check grimmz stream
>m249/m24 8x scope

every fucking time

1911 is the best pistol and it's not even close

But the real answer is to not waste capacity by carrying one. Reloading in this game is fast enough to never bother pulling out your pistol.

I only ever pick up a pistol if it's the first gun I come across in the match, and that is only because I shat all over someone with the 1911 when they had a shotgun. No other reason to pick one up.

uh why

>not camping hidden in the middle of the white and finishing top 10 every time
get good

hot and fresh opinion:

it's not even worth it to pick up a pistol, ever

It's worth picking up if you just landed and there are fools near you and that's the only weapon you saw in the first room you entered

I've won a game because I picked up a pistol in the start so I could kill some shitter who was rushing me.

If you can't kill someone with a pistol, maybe you should git gud.

there should never be a reason to land near other people
and if you do, you should run

You can't always land with nobody around. Also if you've got enemies nearby and you choose to run the only way you won't get fucked is if you instantly get into a vehicle. Otherwise while you run they'll gear up and hunt you down.

if you cannot get away and find a weapon elsewhere, then it was God's will you not survive the match

But why make things more complicated? You run inside a house first, you get a pistol and some ammo and shoot the retards who think rushing without any gear can handle a pistol, as shit they are. You've got way more chances to win in a pistol vs fists than in a AR/SMG/Shotty vs AR/SMG/Shotty

sure, if you can get a pistol when they have nothing, that works
but i prefer not landing near someone at all

hot opinion: if you cannot land alone, you should give up the game
or at least restart the match

hot opinion: your "hot opinion" is shit

hot opinion: if you cannot land alone, you do not deserve to live
you might, by some trick of fate or luck, kill the people you land with, but know that none of you who survive that has the good faith of God

Sounds fun...

i take this approach sometimes, but usually ill just loot in a area full of good loot and kill everyone because it's easier

i remember one time i drove off into the fucking corner of the map from the most inconceivable angle from the drop and some fuck still got there earlier

that triggered me

>squad agrees to drop at yasna polyana marker
>6 other squads drop with us
>all of us except one retard land at the marker - retard lands a hundred meters away
>retard gets picked off
>hey man why didn't you drop with us
>dude shut the fuck up why are you such a cunt

why do people play squad if they're just going to solo

>Landing next to a guy in Georgi crates
>He checks two to the right, gets nothing
>I land in front of a crate and run in
>Two shotguns
>I run up to them and start trying to pick them up
>He runs in after me and starts picking them up
>He picks up both shotguns and 3 stacks of ammo
>I get shot

Uninstalled. It hurts me that such a broken pile of shit got so much Twitch hype.

Maybe you should try using first world internet Abdul.

I'm literally a hundred miles from the NA server running 20 MB/s down 10 MB/s up internet which is perfectly fine.

Their servers are the actual worst piles of shit I've ever seen. Maybe you shouldn't take their money to shill Veeky Forums of all places, Akhmed.

gitgud noobs

>2 kills
Fuck off, camper.

>everyone loots shit faster than me
>clearly it's the servers!!

Nah

git gud.

?

?

Shit happened to me at the military island. Absolutely nobody landed their because the plane was half the map away. Looted an entire building, full lvl 3 gear scar/sks health packs pills etc. Come out to the top of the building and there is a naked guy waiting there with a shotgun and puts 2 in my head before I could react because I didn't see a damn other person land anywhere near. Basically prepped the bull for him.

Aaw, one of the youtubers I liked watching pubg videos of, might be a filthy hacker.

I've done that before, somehow there was somebody there already, even though I dropped quick, got in a car, and drove straight there.

I wonder if it's faster to just super long parachute there.

Any other examples? That's pretty suspicious, but if it's just one time in a random game of Dirty Bomb, it could just be a fluke.

>I wonder if it's faster to just super long parachute there.
this reminds me

>jump and immediately nose dive to the auto chute altitude
>people already parachuting rocket downward past me
what gives? is there some secret tech to dropping fast im not aware of?

I would say, either, either hardware failure (like sensor skipping), or recording failure... Or hacking.
Nobody can alter speed like that in mouse movement, and especially not come to complete stop like that, it's just not human.

Because all the hackers I've encountered, I wouldn't be surprised.
I've "experienced" shit talking assholes, that win "championships", to the humble hackers who "just wants to play".

If you're going straight down, release the forward button a couple seconds before auto-chute. You can continue falling at a decent speed while opening your chute. I've gotten to 150km/h like that.

Honestly, how prevalent are hacks in this game? I swear 1 in 3 games I'll die by someone just mysteriously knowing exactly where I was. Also be in open field noone within hundreds of meters sprinting, first round I hear is a direct hit, second round is a direct hit, third round a direct hit and I'm dead. Wish I could aim like that.....

You can't hide in grass, they'll just scope on you, and no foliage will be drawn for them.

How'd I do for my first win boys?

The graphics settings for this game are all kinds of fucked. By playing on the lowest you can increase you win rate by a ton. It's really dumb but if you wanna be a try hard faggot that's an option open for anyone.

>our squad rolls up in a dacia and occupies an apartment building in Georgopol
>they stay downstairs, i go upstairs
>enemy squad moves on our building
>see a guy approaching outside of our building in third person but can't get an angle to shoot him
>he goes out of view, outside our building beside the wall
>throw frag grenade at apartment building opposite, bounces off of wall
>You knocked out scrub_guy with a frag grenade!

best pistol is objectively the revolver if you're basing it on damage output

I bet you're trying to pick things up with F instead of opening your equipment screen and drag/dropping things from the ground

>100 meters away from someone
>they fire twice and instantly headshot me with the AKM on the second shot

how does this game even work? they HAVE to be using cheats right?

Looks fine to me. When he comes out from behind the cover at the start, his reticule wasn't tracking the enemy running up the stairs already.

I routinely get AR headshots from 100-200m range if i have 4x or 8x scope.

it's not hard if you're prone or crouched and you hold your breath for the shot

Can they please add an auto reload toggle

>playing in squad of 3
>we get to last 9
>circle is closing on us and I can see people running to a point which will evevtually force them to come to where we are because of the circle
>start calling out co-ords to my teammates
>they totally ignore me and run forward into some field
>they down some guy but now the guys behind have heard us
>get pinned down between two groups and die all because they wouldn't listen to me screaming out there's people behind us

We could have actually won. We had the height advantage on the guys coming from behind and they didn't even know we were there yet I knew exactly where they'd come.

It snapped right onto the head right as he fired.

It really makes you think, nothing suspicious at all

>snapped
he aimed at the enemy then started firing. if its a hack why didnt it keep tracking the head, why was he following the middle of the body?

You seriously think aimbots just follow the head? Modern aimbots do miss, they're just aiding in aim.

Start the game, put on low sense (he can't track cars, because his sensitivity is too low), and then try to do a skip just like that, in 1 frame (make 60fps recording). You won't be able to do it.

i've made much more impressive looking snaps than that and i'm a scrub with 30cm 360 settings

show me a demo video of an aimbot that will make a wobbly movement to an enemy's head and then not track the head at all afterwards

I liked Dayz mod a lot, played that for hundreds of hours but never touched H1Z1. Is this game worth getting right now? Redpill me about its netcode, performance and future updates.

Just got my first win lads.
Last guy was a lagmonster, seriously expected to lose to that..

Netcode was coded by literal retards. Performance makes this game unplayable. Servers are Amazon third tier rent-a-servers with 10 tick rate averages 80% of the time

Future updates dont improve on the core gameplay but add needless shit like drinking animations, weapons, car skins etc

So many minor bugs that could be fixed if they had the right people. But they are retards

Aimbots fuck up every once in a while
youtube.com/watch?v=TTrD5OIgCn4

Oh and I'll add, it's so bad that every other game you will encounter a bug, sometimes new, sometimes old. It's that bad of a netcode/coding in general/servers

Reminder that even with shitstain aim you can win with a UMP

Well that's a real fucking cheesy gun I earned my second win with.

Fuck off Anni you brat

>mfw I sneak up on some fucker prone in the grass and shoot him point blank with a shotgun in the chest, and he just turns around and sprays me down in less than half a second.

This fucking game sometimes, I swear to god I can't wait for these servers to be fixed because that was pure 100% bullshit. I shot an S686 double barrel as well, so one shot was more than enough to kill at point blank.

Shotgun isn't 1 hit kill to the chest if they have armor.

Bullshit m8, I need two hands to count how many times i'v been shot in the chest by some corner camping fuck in the bunker while wearing lvl 1-2 body armor, and I always die in 1 shot.

Because they shot you in the head.

>spectating squad mate
>there's a constant shell dropping sound following him
>he stands still and it gets louder

Some of these bugs man

Spectating is bugged though.

If he had the same sound bug, he didn't finish reloading his revolver.

Holy shit it was the revolver

What the shit

Why is the Kar so fun?

Circles should do more damage I think. Always these pussies who stay in the blue just to kill one more guy before dying to it, they don't deserve that kill.

I love spraying with the UMP

Well done, laddy

The lead animator Q&A stream now.

Twitch : @smookie___

Post em. I'll start so the bar is low.

pubg.me

Didn't mean to quote

why does getting shot in this game feel so bad?

I startle every time

It's because there's a serious chance that you die to the next hit and have to start all over again. That makes it thrilling.

Damn son, how do you judge that?

I can't seem to hit shit