/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #768 - Blue Dude Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Vdo12azK!BVDSg-NyQeYqKlwyRWjLG3jHEDiKYw2n0W0XQIOSQRk
youtube.com/watch?v=omKGDC4JaMU
youtube.com/watch?v=aXtUttjqINY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blazblue.

I love ALL the sonic girls!

>No Shade.

Sonic a shit

Literally who?

Any guidelines for tagging? Should I just do characters, artist, and SFW/NSFW or go more in-depth (pose, setting, ships, parody/homage, color vs. b&w, medium, topic, continuity, chosen style, etc.)?

>Drawing a shit.

Have you never been to a booru before?

Do basic tagging first (character, artist, safe/questionable/explicit), and if you feel like it you can try going in depth afterwards. Keep in mind there are around 4,356 things up there, are you using some kind of software or going through manually?

Not him, I always just did characters and artists since that's the most important tags, plus with over 3000 tags there was no way I was going more in-depth.

I don't know how many people search for more tags than just the basics, but feel free to add them if they make sense.

>Should I just do characters, artist, and SFW/NSFW
This would be ideal. Anything beyond that is extra credit.

the world map from sonic chronicles.

let's take the map as not-to-scale because we see green hill zone and not the rest from Sonic 1. It's only depicting the significant locations on the islands.

The island on the left has the green hill zone, so it'a South Island.
It also has central city so it's also the city from SA2
It also has the mystic ruins from SA1

The island on the right has Metropolis zone, so it's West Side Island
It has Blue ridge zone, which is an area not seen before.

so this means
>sonic 1, sonic adventure 1 and 2 are set on the same island
>angel island and south island were once connected
>maybe it was connected to west side island as well

I don't mind the idea of the islands from the classic series being connected, so putting the mystic ruins on one was fine, although I would've put the mystic ruins on west side island. So the flashback we see in SA1 of tails meeting sonic makes more sense.

I would also not put central city on any of the islands. This just makes me wonder if their implying that central city and station square are the same place. not to mention if their implying starlight or spring yard are also part of central city.

>trying to make a world map of Sonic's world using all zone locations and places from the games
Just imagine the literal hell.

> No matter what Hero the player chooses to create, it will be featured throughout the entire game. In a first for the Sonic franchise, a character the player creates will be a key part of the story, appearing not only in cut scenes, but by being a crucial element in helping Sonic reclaim the world from Eggman’s domination.

How does this make you feel /sthg/? Also, what do you think the character will actually do?

right now just try to keep it simple (artist, characters, sfw/nsfw)

I'm pretty sure Adventure and Classic don't share the same geography whatsoever. Your efforts are in vain.

I have zero faith in it being handled well with the story. Not with the writers.

Nevermind the fact that it's fucking Sonic Chronicles they're trying to make sense of.
Glad that piece of shit will forever be ignored.

Also one tag that I appreciate is if it's animated or a webm

i wouldn't even try and bring the world map into it, i have no problem against it (the one from unleashed). I just wouldn't try and put it all together.

me looking at chronicles is just speculation/curiosity. I'm trying to set anything in stone here.

The writers are only handling the English dialogue, unlike Lost World where they wrote both the story and English dialogue. Any plot details will be written by Sega of Japan's in-house writers (the same ones that wrote the Japanese dialogue for Colors, Generations, and Lost World).

I hope at some point Sonic looks at the viewer and says some shit like, "Hey come on time to save the world!"

That makes things worst in their relationship with the western audiences. It also made less sense in regard of the plot and setting, since it's obviously inspired by western memes and shows such as SATam. Plus the Japanese doesn't like Sonic as much as his western audiences.

>"Wow Sonic is so cool, I wish I were in the game to hang out and beat up Robotnik with him!" - user age 5
>"Meh, s'cool I guess" - user 20 years later

Elise is sweet and beautiful. I love her so much.
I would happily spend the rest of my life with her. Holding hands romantically with lots of Eskimo kisses.

After taking WAY TOO FUCKING LONG, a fresh upload of the OC folder is ready.

mega.nz/#!Vdo12azK!BVDSg-NyQeYqKlwyRWjLG3jHEDiKYw2n0W0XQIOSQRk

I don't know what all was culled before, so maybe stick to the most recent general folder and the Artists folder. If you just want to batch upload everything to be extra sure, go for it.

premydaremy?

Before I go and download 2.13 GB, what all is in this?

>since it's obviously inspired by western memes
Name one thing in Forces that's not the OC that relies on Western memes.

All the original content created during The Marathon, The Ride, and in /sthg/ or /co/ Sonic threads. There may be some intermittent drawfag content that wasn't originally made for the general included since it's hard to tell sometimes.

Are you doing other folders from the link compilation? In that case, can you upload the Ride the Wave archive. The link in the OP is broken.

Sweet, I'll rev up that mass uploader.

My oc

>The president must be over there. Let’s go!
>Actually, they never move because they’re looking for a GO countdown that doesn’t exist.

How representative is the Unity PC Sonic 06 demo of the real game? It doesn't seem that bad using that as measure.

That is one THICC Rouge.

CUTE.

Who dat tho

Sonar from the Archie comic.

Sonar, the fennec fox. She's a character form the comics.

Underated cutie

You quote this from someplace?

Was anything at all added to the "New OC (July 2016 - Dec 2016)"?

If not, then I'll just do the Jan to May one and then the artist folders.

I don't believe so.

Alright, then I'll get started.

It's the official Sega statement. Google the paragraph and you'll find the whole thing everywhere.

Here's another interesting one.

>Players can also customize the Hero Character’s looks by choosing and swapping between hundreds of accessories and outfit options to change the character’s appearance as they play through the game.
>hundreds of accessories and outfit options
>they wasted all their time (and ours) on this shit

Considering the look of many OCs I've seen, it should've been spent on different head shapes and "hair" styles.

They shouldn't have bothered with an OC creator unless they were going to dedicate an entire game to it. Would've been neat as an anniversary game. Instead it's just yet another tacked on shallow wasted-potential gimmick.

When in Gloom look forward to Mania: youtube.com/watch?v=omKGDC4JaMU

If I can't change the quills/hair of my OC, I'm gonna be disappointed. Outside of that, hundreds of accessories sounds fine.

But I like gloom and doom.

>tfw used to think they could maybe come up with an interesting way to join both games somehow
>mfw now

Consider this an apology for not drawfagging in a while.

Nice.

Nice.

Apology accepted. I'll cherish it forever.

That's pretty good user

Nice.

fuckin saved. would be perfect for #800

I don't feel very strongly for it, I think it could be better, though I don't have any suggestions on how to improve it.

If you don't have anything nice to say,
don't say anything at all user.

And then there's this turbo faggot.

What's with the hostility?

Went looking through the last few threads for this "leak", copy-pasting here because it might be something

On Forces
>As the 1st part of the level, As the last chance to win back the world. Tails will 'summon' you to the almost ruined world equipped with the available gears and a Wispon with the 1st objective is to find both Sonics, You will access to 2D acts when you found Classic Sonic.
>Before creating your character as you select 7 of the species, you will freely choose the appearance of your character, including the Ears, Eyes, mouths, Hairs body shape and furs.
>As for the rest of Sonic's Friends, while they're still NPC's they will act as your 'mentors' by completing their tasks and missions, once you've completed their challenge you will be awarded with their own clothing and accessories for your customs.
it was posted with some other shit for mania, boom and the upcoming movie

don't think its totally legit but it sounds cool

You started it :^)

What was the movie stuff?

No, not really. My comment wasn't hostile or rude at all.

Other
>Sonic Boom will indeed have a 3rd and the last season, Heavily involved with the Chaos Emeralds.
>The Comics are Ending, but they will continue to release the issues regularly in November starting with Sonic Overdrive, However, their Milestone issues will be the final issues.
>The comics is now being set up with the new publisher, IDW comics. with the 1st comic series Sonic Boom Adventures.
>A new Teaser on the New Sonic Movie will go public on November
>A Sonic Fighter is in Development, it will be much different from Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

and thats it

Yes it was.

>>The comics is now being set up with the new publisher, IDW comics. with the 1st comic series Sonic Boom Adventures.
>>A Sonic Fighter is in Development, it will be much different from Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.
What a liar.

>A Sonic Fighter is in Development, it will be much different from Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.
Aka: Casual as fuck.

That's way too much info to have to be believable.

I'll take a pseudo Sonic Battle sequel with a smile.

i mean if its anything like battle in the first place then its gonna be at least a 7.0
battle was awesome for expanding characters abilities and i'm looking forward to how a new fighter ends up if it exists

Madonna really works in your style.

That's not a leak, that's what some user posted last thread or the thread before.

>As for the rest of Sonic's Friends, while they're still NPC's they will act as your 'mentors' by completing their tasks and missions, once you've completed their challenge you will be awarded with their own clothing and accessories for your customs.
Believable in the sense that this is what Dragon Ball Xenoverse did and I wouldn't be surprised if they got the OC creator idea from them but I dunno.

>The Comics are Ending, but they will continue to release the issues regularly in November starting with Sonic Overdrive, However, their Milestone issues will be the final issues.
>The comics is now being set up with the new publisher, IDW comics. with the 1st comic series Sonic Boom Adventures.
Okay. That is bullshit. Never mind.

This is an interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=aXtUttjqINY

God i'm only 30 seconds in and I already think it's obnoxious.

Same. It looks interesting, but sounds terrible.

well yeah, hence the quotation marks

If they keep the camera zoom at a fixed level and tone down the foreground stuff I could dig it.

The way the camera is constantly zooming in and out gives me a migraine.

Nice

I love it! Is it traced or done from scratch?

>shitloads of hold-right-to-win
>enemies are relatively sparse
>audio sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom
>announcer exactly fucking why?
>colour palette is awful
>camera flying around like it's got zero interest on focusing around the player

3/10 good effort, but whoever designed this needs to go back to the drawing board and try again.

>Actually looks pretty damn fun.
>You faggots don't like it like everything else you see.

What DO you people even like?

I never said I didn't like it you insecure dipshit. Calm the fuck down.

I said I could dig it if they reduce the visual clutter. Having so much shit on the screen on a fast game is an actual annoyance that makes playing less fun.

Why are you defending it so hard? Besides the first guy, every comment afterwards was legit criticism.

CUTE

Traced, with a lot of custom bits and pieces. You guys want a template?

I'd like something that's a little better-designed. I don't think it's -terrible-, by any stretch of the imagination, but it needs a lot of work and polish. You quoted my criticisms already, but I'll break it down for you by priority:

A - audio needs remastering. Before whoever made this does anything else, they need to focus on removing the echo from every sound effect. Also, that announcer has to fucking go, it's not fucking WipeOut.
B - sort the camera out. I get that they're trying to replicate a sense of speed by having the camera work to catch the character up, but having it fling about like that is legitimately nauseating.
C - improve the level design. Enemy placement, movement flow, the works. It goes from hold-right-to-win to getting bogged down pretty quickly. Pacing is all over the place. Sorting the colour schemes for each stage wouldn't go amiss either.

Otherwise, I'd say there's some potential. I like the effects on the shields and the character animations look pretty smooth. It's just a shame that the rest of the core features are a let-down.