/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Lost all his friends
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Discord-sponsored event
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKzpuOdtJXeAb-4EoXlKN0cd9uDXNtzfVZmsIZgUNcFe3r7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thriftshopmuske/status/865775341775802368
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/199171
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>faithful dragonsis

Nth for souls of the lords to bless this thread?

TFW no Gwynd GF to hug and squeeze at night

Bloodborne is better.

Super Retardo Challenge run

DS1 style.

Calamity Ring and Dusk Crown Ring at all times. No leveling Vigor, but any build is acceptable, other two rings can be anything.

You can only activate bonfires at the beginning of the level and after the boss bonfire.

DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > Nioh > > > > > DaS2

Is there some kind of chart or something showing what enemy types are weak to what elements? There are like 12 in this game.

Every enemy in the game (Except slimes) < R1

Blood you say!

i've beaten her with Ledo's too, it literally doesn't matter what weapon I use honestly because I know her moveset. and I was just using the straight sword example because that's been a meme since launch, I don't believe it honestly and again, it doesn't matter what weapon I use because I know her fight anyway.

reminder that pontiff knights and the entire central ithryll level is lazy game design, no matter how easy/hard you found it to be.

What's the best bow for a 40/40 chaos pyromancer?

I know I have access to spells, I just need a bow that scales with those stats or can be infused.

If they can even be infused.

I beat friede with a ghru knife...

reminder that you are a terrible player if after 4 games you're struggling with that

>Every enemy in the game (Except slimes) is less than R1

he's not wrong

>People will deny that Irythill's clusterfuck after clusterfuck of paired mobs isnt bad game design

He comes the demon ruins argument guys I can't wait.
>let me link this video to further prove my frustration XD

doesn't matter if you struggle or not, they're still boring non-creative designs plastered lazily over an area designed to look good but function poorly

Only bad room in irythil is THAT ROOM

>talk about beating friede with yhorms specifically for bragging rights as though it was easier than a straightsword
>don't mention ledo's until after yhorms gets called out even though ledos is clearly the less useful and more obviously impressive tool
damage control

I can't make this into a webm because the quality's too bad, but here:

twitter.com/thriftshopmuske/status/865775341775802368

The real truth behind it all is that noone really cared about those areas, because all the action is behind Pontiff Sulyvan

>labelling your reaction images by subject and number
the lamest kind of poster
no wonder Irithyll wrecks you, you spend too much time being a lonely loser online than playing games

Is Crystal Hail good in PvP?

Or at all?

>Dark Souls 3 is an amazing game
>Anyone who disagrees is just a bad gamer and therefore inferior to me

it's like Prepare to Die all over again

bandai marketing has won /dsg/ again

if you like being annoying

>dude we're all less than R1 man

Say that to R2.

>The real truth behind it all is that noone really cared about those areas, because all the action is behind Pontiff Sulyvan

This.

DS3 was designed bosses-first and that's why it's enemy. progression, and level design is fucking awful.

i didn't mention it because I said
>it literally doesn't matter what weapon I use honestly because I know her moveset
>it literally doesn't matter what weapon I use honestly because I know her moveset
it makes no difference to me what heavy weapon it is. the only reason I mentioned Yhorm's is because someone trotted out the 'well you can't use heavy weapons' argument. learn how to read, you fucking idiot.

Nice way to justify being a shitter.
>y-you're all sheep
There's nothing challenging about dark souls 3 enemy placement, if you want something really terrible go look at das2's pre vendrick chamber with SEVEN syan knights

>go on twitch to see some cute girls git gud at Dark Souls
>first few people are just speedrunning or doing some "no-hit" run where they just dash through everything and cheese the boss
>others are dudes just standing around Pontiff dueling or some stupid shit
>some cute girls are playing Ringed City
>entire chat is just telling them what to do
>girls are just reading the chat barely playing
i really miss the times twitch had good streams

>SOULS RETRIEVED

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You fucking died to it, please post the recording of that attempt. Please.

Oh no user! you've awoken the Dks2 players who will defend tooth and nail for it's PVE!

Well, yeah. I didn't say I'd be flawless. I said I could do it.

Do you expect to do the whole game without dying? Do you expect me to be embarrassed?

this is a pretty fair point, but it still sucks that the archers in 3 were fairly lame compared to DS1's. They even tried to do the brebare do die :DDD thing by making more archers, but it ended up just being easier anyway.

>lol but you ignored the fact that I said I'm good please believe me
more damage control

But isn't Farron Dart also sufficiently annoying?

>not even kicking PK with shield
>use great weapon to stagger
Hmmmmmm

What ever happened to noses in anime....it's just sad nowadays...

they haven't recovered since Krillin

skill is for losers

rushdown everything

die until you win

>he can't punish Friede with heavy great soul arrows
>he thinks it's easy to cast heavy great soul arrows at Friede with no danger to the caster

>died to them once
>politics on twitter
>pic related

It's casts fast enough so it's a safe move, but most people can just let it hit them if they have projectile heal. You're gonna painstakingly chip damage off your opponents healthbar for a minute only to look like a bozo when they fart and get it all back. The "I'm gonna safely pelt you to death with great farron darts and crystal hail" mage playstyle completely died when projectile heal entered the game; prior to that point you could at least nuke people who healed. Not that I mind, just saying.

You say that as if Iron Keep and Iron Passage weren't cancer incarnate.

How easy is it to get the Holy Moonlight Sword early?
I haven't played BB in a long time and never went through the DLC, but I have an Arcane build that's at the end of the game and would fit the requirements nicely.
I would like to start from scratch rather than NG+ though if it's not too much of a hassle.

>Dark Souls 3 is an amazing game
>Anyone who disagrees is just a bad gamer and therefore inferior to me
>Ignore flaws in dark souls 3 and look at how bad dark souls 2 is instead

fixed it for you

You have to beat Amelia and Ludwig

Bruh...the blood folk are in /bbg/ >>>go that way. But if they're assholes just comeback here and we will answer.

must be hard going through life not knowing how to read properly and being too stubborn to admit it. you jumped into an discussion that you had no business in and now you're trying to meme because you don't have an actual point to make. now fuck off.

Nobody has mentioned your ability to finish a game flawlessly.

Somebody mentioned that rushing them would be suicide.

You rushed them and died. THEN you managed to kill them.

Barely, because the third Pontiff knight suffered from performance anxiety.

>still unable to defend pontiff knights
>I'LL MENTION DS2 INSTEAD THAT WILL SURELY WORK

You dared me to post a video and I did. The compact is fufilled. I keep my position as Dare Master.

>moving
>the
>goal
>post

I do agree, but that's not the topic at hand.

I meant to go there, but instinctively came here instead.

>and Ludwig
Is there a decent way to cheese him at a low level?

There's just no way to justify that garbage. Most people who defend das2 defend it for pvp anyways (that's also not great).
>dying
come on son
Dark Souls 3 is shit. Dark Souls 3 is not hard. There's nothing unfair in Dark Souls 3. I bet you're one of those fags that were crying on reddit about the Angels. The only hard thing about this encounter is lining the enemies up if you have a bad weapon. Guess what, having a bad weapon is on you!

PvE
DS1 > DS3 >>> DS2

Invasions
DS2 > DS1 >>> DS3

Typical normie duels
DS3 > DS1 >>> DS2

Meta level duels
DS1 >>> DS3 > DS2

dang you beat me

i died a few times. took me so long because the first time didn't record and the second one cut off because i didn't realize fraps has a 30 second limit and i started recording from the bonfire.

god damn the quality is garbage though.

Saw Spear, fire paper, and beast blood pellet.

On a side note:

Iron Passage was fine because you could skip the run-through and otherwise enemies were drawn one at a time.

Iron Keep was awful until the aggro distance patch, it's acceptable now. Most of the knights also have a way to trivialize them, also (they all have a wall or lever to get behind them, except for the snipers, which you can block by standing behind pillars).

[spoilers]Pontiff knights aren't optional and have no area gimmick to trivialize them, which DOES make them worse than Iron Passage and Iron Keep.[/spoiler]

I jumped on top of what was already a dogpile lmao get fucked

>Is there a decent way to cheese him at a low level?
Summon Valtr

Magic is easy to and friede is a melee boss so you have plenty time to spam magic

>dark souls 3 is not hard

It's the hardest of the lot, to me. All the others were easier for me.

>patiently waiting to fight
The fuck?

that's a good comic but a lot of people already told and showed him that, even other people who didn't like irythill

>>Invasions
>DS2 > DS1 >>> DS3

>no full invasion orbs
>no iframes on ripostes so hosts and phantoms have full advantages
>seeds of giants
>invasion timers
etc

DaS2 was the absolute worst for invasions.

they really aren't that aggressive unless they're in the middle of a combo already and then they don't stop attacking for 5-6 seconds

worst for getting invasions, I was just talking about the invasions themselves

the shield knights have always been much less aggressive than the ones without
they'd rather burp dark magic at you

Yeah, it's definitely harder than 1 and on par with 2 for me, but they're not hard as a whole. I think Bloodborne was harder than all four Souls games.

Friede is one of the most difficult bosses in the game and nearly impossible to punish.

Is there any fucking way to beat someone with half a brain and a greatshield? I haven't lost since I became a turtlefaggot

Really? It was easier, for me. It's interesting how everyone has trouble with different stuff.

Bleed?

you mean since you became a hide in a corner with Way of Blue faggot, right?

>died a few times

The whole fucking point is that they'll fuck you until you finally get them when one of them decides it's time chill out like the one in your webm.

Also, your health fucking vanished on that one swing, but you had the calamity ring. So I don't know why that was a conscious decision.

They're actually autistic, like a lot of the enemies in this game. It's like fighting four kings: a human being controlling their moveset would be ridiculous, but they just take turns instead of ganking you like (semi) human beings. It's kindof immersion damaging how the game just gives you breaks instead of designing enemies who can go full-force all the time without being OP in the process.

There really isn't.
I think that may be because I wasn't really ready for how bloodborne handles its combat. On a side note, BB was the only game of the series that I actually did a BL4 (SL1 equivalent) playthrough.

remember when literally no one complained about irithyll (outside of it being linear), you know, that period from DaS3's launch until now?

What's wrong with that? Don't you like your forked tongues?

The lack of iframes, everything being slow, seeds, invasion timers, etc. made invasions the worst after you got them too.

DaS1 had the best invasion system. You could only be invaded while human, but you had to go human at a bonfire. Meaning all the enemies would respawn, and you risked being invaded all the way from the bonfire to the boss fog.

just saying that your greatshield isnt the only factor

Irythill is the worst area in term of level design but it's so fucking pretty to look at so it's alright

Whats a good counter to UGS for this builds stats?

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/199171

>The whole fucking point is that they'll fuck you until you finally get them when one of them decides it's time chill out like the one in your webm.
that's how any multi enemy fights work in souls games. if you attack while another one is still active you get stun locked and die. it's been like that since demons souls.

>Also, your health fucking vanished on that one swing, but you had the calamity ring. So I don't know why that was a conscious decision.
i did it so you/he wouldn't say that i'm too high level and throw it out. that's also why i used a +6 bleed dagger to nerf my dex bonus.
also, i'm not even good. if i can do it anybody should be able to.

Say that to my fucking shield, scrub. I'll wipe the floor with you.

>make an idle post bitching about Irythill because I was being a baddie and having trouble
>someone responds calling the area terribly designed
>disagree with him
>a full thread later, the argument has spiraled out of control and is still going on

I'm so sorry. I didn't know what would happen. I should never have made that post.

sharp quickstep weapon

>they attack
>quickstep in
>hit one r1
>quickstep out

I fucking DARE anyone to defend the Sulyvahn's Beast

ESPECIALLY the ones you have to kill for the ring of favor.

I bet you fuckers can't form a single cohesive sentence to justify their existence and full body hitbox.

>make an idle comment in the middle of the thread
>get mistaken for the shitposter and accused of moving the goalposts
The joys of anonymous posting.

Poison infused ghru or even bandit knife, then swap to sharp bandits once the effect is active. Works fairly well even against the wolf knight shield, which gives you extra resistance, and status resistance is the one thing magic shield doesn't add so it's good for avoiding the issues with that too. Frayed blade L2R2 will build up bleed really fast as well, although the chip damage is pretty poor. A 60 faith dark weapon crucifix will still hit for 60 to 80 damage clean through shields, which isn't too bad considering the risk/reward ratio it has if your opponent decides to swing their straightsword, and the fact that you get access to a 420 hp projectile heal on that build even if you're doing less damage per engagement than your opponent.

Just mashing on the shield with good status buildup is typically better than trying to hit and run from my experience.

Irythill is actually pretty easy desu, my only problem with the area is that it's too linear and there's very little exploration despite it being a city with houses and roofs and shit

But it was designed with 4 player co-op in mind :^)

You knew exactly what you were doing you slut.

are they supposed to be hard? I mean, you can kill then one by one

Who else is waiting for a webm. I know the git gud kid is making one right now.

They're fun as FUCK to fight.
>space a charge perfectly
>land a fully charged Greataxe R2
>instant stagger>riposte

The MOST satisfying.