Chrysler Sebring

I'm not really into cars, but I want a cheap convertible. I know these cars get a bad rap, but is that because they are a legitimately bad car or just because they are boring?

I'm also open to other suggestions. I know Miata is the go to car for Veeky Forums, but I don't care about performance or the extra cost from them being desirable

>FWD

>chrysler
dont

Again, as long as it drives I don't care. I'm not racing it

Are they really that bad? I still see them driving around quite a bit

I'm curious to know why you would even consider a car like this.

It constantly amazes me that there are people in this world so fully ignorant of all things automotive.

This, along with the PT Cruiser and HHR, are the absolute last cars on Earth you should ever want to own. Terrible in absolutely every way imaginable.

I just want a cheap convertible man. What are some better choices around the same price?

You see so many of because they were cheap convertibles. Please don't get one. Every chrysler in my family has been terribly unreliable.

$2k miata

Generally, they're not very reliable and are assembled kinda poorly. Lots of squeaks and rattles, electrical issues, and neither engine option is very good. The 4 cyl is rough running and slow, and the 2.7 V6 has timing chain and sludge problems.
A better bet is a Mustang Convertible. Quite a few can be had for 5 to 10 grand.

Sebrings are notorious for being some of the worst cars ever made

This is coming from someone who hate most of Veeky Forums and the faggotry they indulge in - but a Miata.

A goddamn crusty, cumstained, underpowered, FAGGOT FUCKED Miata is a better choice.

Toyota MR2 spyder can be had for under $5k.

For that price range, you won't find much else that offers that muh reliability and fun. It's also a lot more modern than anything else in that price range.

Just have to deal with the lack of space, but that can be remedied by modifying the "frunk".

>
Do not. Ever.
These are the most horribly designed and built American cars in recent history.. Strut mounts literally break through the body, timing covers leak fluids into other fluids, the steering racks fail , and they are prone to leaks and water damage due to bad QC even when new. Hell, you can't even change the battery on them without taking the damn wheel off.

Ok well I haven't seen someone making a single positive remark about these so I guess I'll pass.

Is a Miata even an option for someone that is 6'6?

>can't even change the battery on them without taking the damn wheel off.

Literally the shit frosting on this putrid crapcake of a car.

There's a reason they used the Sebring and then the PT Cruiser as the cars of choice for Michael Scott - even the producers knew only the dumbest motherfuckers on earth drive them.

lol, just lol

You can get a cavalier convertible for under 2k

Pic related

Maybe I just don't deserve a convertible

It's not about deserving it or not, it's more of a physics and math issue. If you're 6 and half feet tall, you'll have issues finding convertibles you'll fit in.
As far as I can tell, most of the convertibles you'll fit in are expensive and European.

Get a clean ap1 s2k instead. They cost more up front but they offer more headroom, performance, and will likely appreciate in value sooner then later. That is just an opinion though.

if you cut your head off you'd fit, faggot

Look for some convertibles from the 70s, that's about all that is gonna work for you

Just get an old saab 9-3 convertible

cheap convertible:
Celica
Miata
Mustang
Bmw 3 series
SLK230

This, these are cheap as fuck and have plenty of headroom

I owned a 08 model hardtop sebring.

It was nice. Keep it maintained and little will go wrong. fun drive, but be careful in the rain, the fwd will make you hit a BMW X5 and total your Sebring.

It's a turbo, Elaine, a turbo!

>
fuck you, the HHR is awesome.

OK, I hate myself for saying this, but you want a cheap convertible? Cheaper than a Miata and with room for a large dude?

Mustang V6 convertible. They have zero resale value, but they're much, much better cars than Chrysler-anything and the aftermarket parts support is huge.

Or if you're not that big a faggot, a grand or two more will get you a Mustang GT convertible with that nice V8.

Aren’t these still cheap?

Even the V6's are decently fast in manual...but V8, nothing beats that engine sound.

There is one convertible that OP will definetly fit in, but Im not sure if it possibke to find a cheap one that isnt niggered.

I have been looking for one for months. They are either overpriced, rusted or poor options

Catfish