The Mach 1 is perhaps the only muscle car I admire

JunkTop
JunkTop

The Mach 1 is perhaps the only muscle car I admire.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

That is a pony car.

Supergrass
Supergrass

You picked the heaviest and ugliest one m8 69-70 and 03-04

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Isn't that derived from a muscle car?

But you could tell it meant serious business.

Soft_member
Soft_member

op objectively has shit taste

Isn't that derived from a muscle car?
not really. It's like the difference between sports car and a GT

girlDog
girlDog

the 68 fastback is the goat mustang

Techpill
Techpill

I suppose I could consider the GT500 as my next fave.

Snarelure
Snarelure

muscle cars existed before pony cars
muscle car = midsize american car (usually a 2-door coupe/fastback) with a big engine crammed in the front (usually a V8 from the same company's full-size cars), shares a platform with 'normal' versions of the muscle car including sedan and wagon (i.e. 442/Cutlass/F-85/Vista Cruiser)
pony car = mustang and the cars created to compete with it (GM F-body, Chrysler E-body), smaller cars that rarely had the largest V8 available like the muscle cars (and when it did it becomes a $100k boomer wet dream) and don't share a platform with anything else, at least originally, not counting rebadges (camaro/firebird, mustang/cougar/capri, etc)

Evilember
Evilember

shelby
not a mustang

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

It's still a Mustang; just not built by Ford.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

ok

Booteefool
Booteefool

one of the ugliest Mustangs ever made

Methnerd
Methnerd

TOO BIG
O
O

B
I
G

StonedTime
StonedTime

og mustang shared a platform with the falcon

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

imagine having such a shitty opinion and being this gay

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

you might be right

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Can confirm.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Chooses Mach 1
Disregards Boss 429
Pick one

happy_sad
happy_sad

You're right. I always forget about the Falcon. To be fair though that platform-sharing only hasted five and a half years before the Falcon name was moved away, leaving just the Mustang and the Cougar (which was moved in '74, leaving Mercury without a pony car until the Capri name was brought back).

5mileys
5mileys

testing

massdebater
massdebater

Any 1st gen that doesn't have this fucking grille.

Skullbone
Skullbone

You have great taste OP. Seriously. I feel somewhat similar though I can enjoy a few other classics. Looks alone that is my favorite mustang though I understand on paper it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a sucker for big assed fastbacks and mean looking front ends. I doubt I'll be able to afford a nice one any time soon so I've been looking at its jap copy, the '77 celica.

SniperGod
SniperGod

'71-'73 is a muscle car. They're fucking huge.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

afford a nice one

Nigga, this is the point of a project car

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit