Why cant car manufacturers do what dodge has done?

The challenger for example:
>take cues in exterior design from older classic challengers
>replace interior with new materials and technology
>update engine but keep the same horsepower output
>add current safety features so it meets today's safety standards

Explain to me why we can't have a 2017 impala that looks like a 1947 impala

the "keeping up with the joneses" factor
Chad and Stacy don't want a classic Impala, they want a hideous spaceship with wheels
they don't care that it's ugly, they just care that it looks edgy and new

The Challenger just happened to be a work of art but it was pure coincidence. It shares nothing underneath. It's not even in the same class as the original Challenger (pony car vs full size) there was the 2005 mustang. Or maybe you were 12 years old when that came out.

Retro design can look good but come on. Not everything has to be stuck in the past to look good or to be that model. Take the Fox Body Mustang for example. They purposely designed it to not look like a Mustang, they were thinking of killing it or turning it into a fwd car. But then, the fox body has become an icon in Mustang history and some argue the most Mustang of all Mustangs.

>OP clearly states that the challenger has been updated throughout the years
>McBoomer over here tries to claim it shares nothing underneath with the original car
Of course it doesn't retard, I suggest you read the OP more carefully before making posts in the future. I know all this technology stuff is new to you gramps but that's no excuse for projectile vomiting your shitty boomer opinions everywhere.

Your autism is showing

>foxbody is an icon
>the most mustang of all mustangs

T. Busrider who can't afford the real deal.

probably because there wasn't an impala in 47

The mustang quickly lost its image in the horsepower wars.

I want a 2018 Stang that looks like a 68 Fastback. Is it that much to ask for?

>1947
>impala

Why do fucking retards think it's such a good idea to keep styling so similar to the older generations? That's boomer shit. Cars should keep their spirit, not their aesthetic if you ask me. It gets boring.

I don't know if it would work for other car makers. Cars like the Impala have moved on from what the car originally looked like. Changing the design to a throwback or retro look could hurt sales. The Challenger still resembles the older generations of Challengers.

>implying it's what dodge has done
Ford pretty much started the trend with the Mustang back in like 2004

The challenger is a racist vehicle I'm glad other companies go against drumpf hateful speeches

I think they did it first with the 2002 Thunderbird, which wasn't all that bad of an idea. Ford should have never dropped the 2 seat T-bird at first

All sedans and crossovers becoming similar to each other is getting boring to me desu

This is the real icon. Retro Mustang II when?

Forgot image, but look at that thing. I think 1974 is like 3rd for most Stangs sold in a year

>Why can't car manufacturers do what Dodge has done?

Why can't car manufacturers do what Oldsmobile has done and fucking die? Big Auto and Big Oil are corrupt, bloated, and outdated institutions centered around raping the earth, waging pointless wars, and oppressing women and minorities. Electric is quite literally, the future and "muh batteries"or "muh Tesla looks gay" are not a valid opinions. Have fun choking to death on smog while trying to find your cunthair power and while I'm taking a "short drive around the block" at 400mph on Elon Musks solar powered autobahn.

That's stupid, the new challengers look like complete shit, like retarded plastic hot wheels toys for mexicans.

The old challengers were a classic and looked a million times better than this modern shit.

Good the traffic-racer fags like you can zoom around in your tunnel while i cruise in my caddy.

Because if the vast majority of people aren't going to buy it, there's no point in producing it

I prefer the 69 slowback myself

True, but the Mustang is more prolific. At the same time they at least kept the forward slant of the stang.

I tell people that the Foxbody is the most Mustang of all Mustangs, but they just look at me weird.

Except the challenger looks incredibly bloated and bulky. It's the best looking American muscle car being produced but that really isn't saying much these days

You're gonna need to sit in the back of the bus

New copypasta

Will you take an 86 slowback?

>Why cant car manufacturers do what dodge has done?

Run over a bunch of libcucks?

Excess safety regulations have mandated that all modern cars look like angry bars of soap.

>TFW there will never be a new 2018 Buick Wildcat in the same vein as the challenger

I mean, this too but I don't think thats what op means

We can't have a 2017 Impala that looks like 1947 Impala because a 1947 Impala never existed

Why are you even here retard
back to /g/

Oh yeah, that's a fine slowback

Are you really not old enough to remember the 2005 mustang?

Really hoping the new bronco isn't shit but it will be

Didn't read the thread but this seems relevant

Sorry for the rotation. I didn't upload it that way

Simarly, Cadillac needs to go back to producing fuckhuge land barges and a better naming scheme than "CTS"

dude new impalas don't look like spaceships

this is a spaceship

nice copypasta, stealing

I miss the big fucking sedans like the Lincoln Continental and Towncar series. Does Cadillac have huge fucking sedans still?

Kek'd with heart

Thats not a spaceship
Pic related is

I'd ride with that.