Final Fantasy General DLXXIX - /ffg/

Friendly reminder that namedropping is the worst form of bait.

>General info on Final Fantasy
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
youtube.com/watch?v=Lb-f9P_tyQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SZymd6r4wGg
youtube.com/watch?v=XHr8DKtmtqU
Brotherhood episodes: pastebin.com/Q7Efb9F2

>FF XI
May update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52592
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers
Free Login & Discount campaigns announced for FFXI
playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html
From Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. to Monday,
May 29, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

>FF XIV
Patch 3.5 Preview
youtube.com/watch?v=3xixQ5XhjkM

>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit#gid=1211382974
bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11vnPui7vWmEcky7XK5XFMf6TWCIDWIOBJykStFwR5KE
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/XxJuYdTE

>Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
How to JP: pastebin.com/91MEQ6wW
GL FAQ: pastebin.com/c43qGvi6
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10

>MOBIUS Final Fantasy
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/nGC6BJ84

>Other game information
pastebin.com/xMVaH4Hv

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zthWI1ni_0g
youtube.com/watch?v=g21nOlM_T3s
youtube.com/watch?v=pMaGq6vn7hg
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjsokp7f4A
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wj3WqYsw9c
youtube.com/watch?v=gnRjPwwP1tU
youtube.com/watch?v=h-iAPNfg7kA
youtube.com/watch?v=MiFrAcsEVu0
youtube.com/watch?v=iokdpH60bQM
youtube.com/watch?v=A1PMLERowSk
youtube.com/watch?v=T4doLjMhSNI
youtube.com/watch?v=qN9L2kNfgYI
youtube.com/watch?v=VUPclMOcggE
youtube.com/watch?v=J7DvsG5U25A
youtube.com/watch?v=ru7-4agHJnE
youtube.com/watch?v=KNpM8IAfPBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VulSG3nW-rU
youtube.com/watch?v=IAE_TMvDWRA
youtube.com/watch?v=0kXZ_Vtg8cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vkkqpukHcqk
youtube.com/watch?v=EN5tgkoSKFU
youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U
youtu.be/uYV4Kp9g0v4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5EsL8KvZA
youtube.com/watch?v=8hyQnmlb4HE
youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is how anal prolapses happen

Gimme some of that Luneth or Cloud shit!

Reminder that half off banners are NEVER traps.

The summoner one is going to cause me anal prolapse.

Fuckin' hell, this bahamut trail seems impossible. Tried taking a Noctis friend, fucker was useless. Died to megaflare while guarding but that wasn't nearly as bad as him dying to a normal round of attacks after I revived him, healed him, and put omniveil up. When I could finally keep him alive for a turn, I tossed out an attack with him and the damage was so pitiful, I just quit the fight since even if I could get to the 40% threshold, he would never survive the megaflare spam. Going back to an Orlandeau friend, gonna bring Sakura. Fuck the coins, I have too many as it is so I won't worry about green magic. If I don't get the pot, oh well.

On another note, when should I stop pulling dailies on this trash banner? I've got a Sice already, should I stop at two bonus units? Three?

It gives plenty of phanta even without bonus units so I'd say one is enough

Why dont you jump during megaflare? Also you need 5500+hp, 200 spr and defend to survive megaflare

>Why dont you jump during megaflare?
Shit, this is why I shouldn't do trials without sleep. Though the damage was still way too low, Orlandu's gonna be the only way to win and keep my sanity. Also, Noct was surprisingly squishy.

I want a rem.... she's waifu tier for anyone who played type 0.

nahh, Queen or Arecia are more my type

Agreed.

>Best Magic and MP in the class and therefore best Ultima (Though MP doesn't matter in the end game since you are likely rocking something with Freecast to have with Avoid Magic)
>Reraise allow Eidolon spam and all that entails
>Doesn't give fucks about dying as long as she can fight.
>Perfectly willing to join her classmates to on the Big Bridge even though her magic is sealed.
>Beats up her traitorous BF so hard it is hilarious.

Honestly her only "flaw" is that she isn't ranged and has terrible taste in men and unlike Machina she actually has good reason for the instances she isn't available.

i still hated the ending of Type 0. Too tragic for me. Tho Rem was pretty much the most tragic of them all, she was fated to die early regardless...

I want Rem to suck me dry.

Almost an hour long fight, and bahamut wins again. I found a much better Noctis, but megaflare spam was too much since on the turn it begins charging, it gets to attack too, bringing the party's hp low enough (even with all possible damage mitigation) that Y'shtola has to sacrifice herself by spending the turn healing instead of guarding, causing her to die and then the party cannot last through the next one. I was hoping to see if I could cheese it just by jumping over and over with Noct but I saw a free turn in between the charge and MF turns to use Comeback on Y'sh, but that turn Noct died to the normal barrage of attacks and then it was the same old problem of "the party's at 50-60% health, it can't survive megaflare even while guarding without healing, but the only way to heal is to sac the healer." Four attempts and 160 energy later, I'm abandoning this trial. If the rewards included a unique item, like a new BiS weapon or something, I'd keep on wasting my time/energy but there will always be more tickets, moogles and burst pots in the future.

What have I missed? Ive been playing a new vidya.

There's a way to glitch megaflare and make sure he could never use it

Anyone up for yunalesca?

Europeans have to sleep too, Trevas.

This Combat LD is not even close to being as bad as that Rematch LD from a while ago. The gift mythril is another case towards going ham over the banners. Not like that shit was considered on people's mythril savings a couple of days ago or whatever.
The timing is not good for that group of anons who were fervently saving for certain other banners immediately coming up within the next month or so. It's at least worth a bit of thought if one finds themselves in that category. It's really only a "trap" in that regard. Both of these are still decent for those with no real pulls plans in that timeframe and for newfriends in general.

With that out of the way, looking forward to seeing whoever gets 1/11 LJG first

but I'm european and it's midday here :v

Could join if you need help getting the clear

Give me a second zyrus already stupid gumi

>With that out of the way, looking forward to seeing whoever gets 1/11 LJG first
I'd be more happy with that than an SSB for some shitter I never use like Cyan or Amarant. At least that's 10 more ATK for Tyro, who still comes along for his Wall fairly often.

Remove your name and ill consider it

Nah, you're not worth the effort.

>Both of these are still decent for those with no real pulls plans in that timeframe
I don't really see how that makes all that much of a difference. If you don't have anything on the horizon you're planning on pulling for, saving is even BETTER than spending for nothing in particular because of LMRs coming along and shitty SSBs in general being lowered in future banners.

>The timing is not good for that group of anons who were fervently saving for certain other banners immediately coming up within the next month or so.
Yeah, this is kind of driving me crazy. I save my mythril so I can obtain relics for five specific characters: Tifa, Cloud, Cyan, Celes, and Terra. I've used the doc in the OP to plan out my pulls for the next six months or however long that thing covers. But now there's that summon nightmare banner that has all the Terra relics I could hope for (minus the upcoming USB and LMR), four of 'em. None of these relics come out on the listed future banners.

But it's the combat banner that's a ridiculous one stop shop for me (albeit with terrible odds). It has the Tifa BSB I want from extreme fest, the Tifa SSB I want to pick up from DoC for the extra STR points and the OSB that I chased when it came out, which doesn't come back. It has a ton of Cloud relics too. And perhaps the nicest prize, the trio of Cyan relics, only one of which shows up in the future, and it's not the BSB that I chased at anniversary until I was broke. What's worse, VI and VII lucky draws are extremely rare now that it seems they won't get many dungeon updates. I will definitely do both half price draws, but I don't know if I should spend more than that on them, I'm saving for relics for my fave five in the first EF banner, the Cloud USB banner, the Celes BSB2 banner, and DoC banner #2 with Cloud/Tifa's LMRs (among other things, I love that whole banner).

>but I don't know if I should spend more than that on them
Jesus Christ user, please don't even consider that.

You and me both brother man

I was on the fence, thanks for talking me down. Guess I'll just pray my ass off on those lucky draws.

What are some of your favorite ff songs of all time?
youtube.com/watch?v=zthWI1ni_0g
youtube.com/watch?v=g21nOlM_T3s
youtube.com/watch?v=pMaGq6vn7hg
youtube.com/watch?v=qTjsokp7f4A
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wj3WqYsw9c

Well, of course it'll be worth it to those who have some better Tyro options already (SG, KT, WA). Speaking of, these banners are probably the best chance for Keeper's Tome, correct? I'm not too sure what happens with his USB1 from here on out, either.

I couldn't think of decent blanket phrasing to use desu - it's all situational. Someone could get an early SSB from one of these lucky draws, another could get a LMR for a character they have no use/no investment towards. That's all worst case scenario shit and depends per person

youtube.com/watch?v=gnRjPwwP1tU

Best battle theme in all of FF coming through.

>these banners are probably the best chance for Keeper's Tome, correct?
Well if by "best" you mean "only", then yes. Shame that I missed out on that thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=h-iAPNfg7kA
youtube.com/watch?v=MiFrAcsEVu0
youtube.com/watch?v=iokdpH60bQM
youtube.com/watch?v=A1PMLERowSk
youtube.com/watch?v=T4doLjMhSNI
youtube.com/watch?v=qN9L2kNfgYI
youtube.com/watch?v=VUPclMOcggE
youtube.com/watch?v=J7DvsG5U25A
youtube.com/watch?v=ru7-4agHJnE

+too many other tracks to pick and choose from

wew, glad I lucked out on it during a nightmare LD last June/July

How could I forget these:
youtube.com/watch?v=KNpM8IAfPBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VulSG3nW-rU
youtube.com/watch?v=IAE_TMvDWRA
youtube.com/watch?v=0kXZ_Vtg8cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vkkqpukHcqk
youtube.com/watch?v=EN5tgkoSKFU

And of course, the classic:
youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U

>decide to try a raid banner since it's up again
>edge's ssb

welp that was a waste of 50 mythril.

Why would you do that though?

I can't beat the Dark Espers trail for shit, lost over 400 nrp some reason or another. But for some reason I beat the bahumut trail easily first try with every reward.

Please be fake

Because literally any of the other relics would have been good for me. I need a bow for ceodore, or a rod for terra. And Tyro's usb would have been very nice too.

Looking at Blue Dragon again makes me appreciate the small icons and visual cues for FF status effects. I miss playing BD though, RIP first disc

ejemm... dude, how I can tell you this... these two are coming either today or tomorrow at half-price..
pic related, Summon LD full with staffs and Rods, and Combat LD full with goodies

I was under the impression that the LDs were all one time only, like the one that's up now.

or was up. too many damn banners up at once thanks to the compensation.

sorry here's the Summoner Banner

The format shown with our current dungeon update lucky draws used to be the same when each new Nightmare/Abyss dungeon debuted. Nightmare LDs shifted towards being full price near the very end of their cycle, but allowed for multiple pulls.

How do I start a timed quest in ff15? It doesn't even show me the location it's at

21 duplicates on Combat LD, and 11 duplicates on Summoner LD. Not looking forward to seeing more potential dupes of Sephiroth's Glove & High Summoner's Robe, since I already have full reforges (and some extra).

Double check that you are connected online, i know FFXV sometimes doesn't connect even though the PS4 is, it happened to me when they started with the timed shit.

>want 12/54

>want 33/153

Eh...not liking my odds here.

just pulled reberta, is she good?

Congrats, she is amazing for the current event contents, TMR is stronger then Gungnir AND got Dragon Killer, and SHE innate and she can jump over Megaflare.

Basically if it is a Dragon she will kill it good.

Start raiding Bahamut and do raid pulls for her Moogles ASAP.

>ceodore only level 54

tomorrow can't come soon enough

She great by herself and amazing against dragons, grats. She was my first 5* and I wouldnt trade her for even memelandeau. She just doesnt fit every glove like he does

Just pulled a dark fina from the free pull, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I did pull my 5th nine from my daily though and I'm way too excited about that since I have the gunirs for them.

Good to know, my only other 5* is motherfucking queen.

The whole FFTA2 soundtrack, especially the main theme: youtu.be/uYV4Kp9g0v4

For some bizarre reason, I had a dream last night about a XV spinoff from Niflheim/Tenebrae's perspective. The basic premise was that the Lunafreya's old high-school friends from the "Royal Academy" (that doesn't exist in-game) were tasked by an Anonymous Benefactor another student who had a crush on her to shadow her and make sure the wedding goes As Planned (including, unbenownst to them, Ardyn's schemes). Switched wedding invitations, intrigue, and mass surveillance (apparently !dreamTenebrae is a police state with lots of security cameras installed by the Anonymous Benefactor's father's company) followed. Also, Lunafreya's surveillance codename was "Areola", because !dreamMe thought it was funny. Gameplay-wise, it was pretty much the same but stealthier, and the driving focused more on staying in traffic and making sure Lunafreya didn't notice you following her although she was briefed on the plan the entire time. What do you think?

I've never even played XV so I have no idea where it came from

fuck off yams

Who's that? This is my first time on this general, I only posted because it was relevant here.

not FF

Thanks for reading the post

Joking :^)
looking forward to the announcement of Mistwalker x Sillicon Studio next console game

Nice fanfic. I don't think XV will get a spinoff. Just downloadable contents over the years.

>started Brave Exvius yesterday and got a brown pirate waifu as one of my first pulls
This is nice. She's cleaving easily through the game for me right now, but I'm sure she'll drop off eventually.

Like I said, it was a dream. And I suck at writing anything more than basic premises and dialogue, and I've forgotten most of what the !dream characters said. Oh well.

21 days until the E3.

unlti what

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

>Got 30 or so blue crystals yesterday from the dragon summon
>Get more tickets from king mog
>Fucking finally an orange
>IS THIS IT?
>Shine
>Try again
>Another orange
>COULD IT BE?
>Rosa
JUST FUCKING GIVE ME ZYRUS ALREADY SO I DON'T HAVE TO SELL THESE MOOGLES YIU FUCKING FUCLKDZBKZVBFJTSGKDGTJC

It's God telling you to play the game.

I hope it gets a spinoff or a sequel/prequel that doesn't suck donkey balls. Or just a sizable DLC where you don't have to do shit but see characterization and Chocobro bonding ala the Valentines DLC for TLOU. Gay kiss optional but wholeheartedly welcome.

JUST

>She's waifu tier for anyone who played type 0
>Anyone
That's not Sice or Seven. I don't really care for her as much as the main 12 but the magic game rediculous so I used her anyway.
Coincidentally, I felt the same way about hope except I fucking hate hope and I don't hate rem.

Expansion maybe.

Where is the hailstorm in the chocobo shop i can't find it

Well yeah, Ashe was the actual villain of FFXII, she just happened to be a party member and stopped preemptively by Vaan and Clan Centurio tricking her into just doing hunts and shit to the point she forgot her lust for revenge.

Was it simply eblan?

I didn't like Blue Dragon. I thought the first part of the game was uninteresting and annoying so I just stopped and didn't bother. I loved Lost Odyssey though so I'm not really sure how I thought BD was boring.

>Vaynefucker is samefagging his own posts now
lol

>wouldn't trade her for an Orlandeau
Then you're objectively a retard

When are the combat and summoner lucky draws?

Not everyone have a fetish for old men and able to appreciate Daddy Thunder Gods "Swordplay".

Tonight

if you fully commit to her, she can be really strong

FUCKIN FREE MYTHRIL
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

I dunno, I think you could make it up pretty easily.

I finally beat this, all thanks to the gamefaqs theory crafters, but still
Seems that I won't need to pull on the summoner banner after all
Now I only have the last nightmare left

They're just not even comparable units. The only person who would say something like that honestly has no idea how good Cid is.

How many trust moogles does the raid coin summon shit out? Can I actually 0 to 100 firion or kain? I know their TMRs both suck, but eh.

please respond or i'm gonna post anime avatars

which game?

Queen > all.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ug5EsL8KvZA
youtube.com/watch?v=8hyQnmlb4HE
youtube.com/watch?v=orvKqkgWZOc

It will most likely be added on the 23 but DeNA made it sound like it should be out right now

If you're having trouble on Bahamut Trial you can add me if you need a Jumper. Kin of late as these post are 6 hours old though. If you're still here, pic related is my current Friend Unit and the party I used to clear it. Just spam Jump -> Crimson Death and you'll be fine.

ID is 015,202,076. Just cleared out a few people who haven't logged on in a month.

absolute semen demon

not that earlier user, but i'll add you anyway fampai.
Thanks.