/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes -(/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/)

Fight for your daughter Edition

Gwent Standalone's closed beta is out!
>Gwent General
GOTY Edition is out !
>Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=qy8jmm9kY4A

>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books (first six are officials) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

>Witcher gear location, recommended mods
pastebin.com/jeHFgrV1
>Console Commands
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
gwent-cards.com/
>Witcher lore, books and all
pastebin.com/bRqpA093
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl
>Discord server
discord.gg/ydW4bCR

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E
>Any new infos ?
CPDR is recruiting right now, so the game is still in early stages.
Still no release date, and we won't have one anytime soon.

Old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ciri a cute

Geralt and Triss OTP

>the space-travelling unicorns are certainly not the books' greatest moment

hey, i liked that! Pity unicorn-aen elle conflict s absent in games

Is any of the magicians depicted in games even close to Vilgefortz?

Also, did he reck Geralt by magic booffs, or was he just that good at stick-fighting?

Different strokes, I guess. For me, there are limits to how far I can and wish to suspend my disbelief. Desert-travelling baby unicorn was alright, but then it got weird fast.
There's just no inherent sense of logic or consistency, so it ends up being weird. There are just some things you're better off not thinking about too hard.

I was rather thinking about whole concept of Aen Elle cheating and using Unicorns to own means, that reaulted in bloody war in world Aen Elle call "theirs", and whole thing with elven oh-so-perfect cities being consantly under threat of angry horses

Also, where the hell did Yen get her stuffed unicron, i don't remember that

Bumping with this, I'd like to hear your theories. Seriously, if Ciri's the witchers' child of providence then she'll be the most OP witcher ever with her Elder Blood.

You mean power wise? Maybe the elven sorceresses, although those aren't really in the game. Avallac'h would probably put him in his place, maybe Caranthir, but I don't know enough about his abilities.

>There are just some things you're better off not thinking about too hard.

TW3's ending, basically.

>Caranthir

that one gets rekt by geral at ease tho

I agree with that user about ignoring some things and it's interesting how the ending hasn't managed to spoil the game for me at all, even though it's really a rushed pile of shit. The whole Ciri stopping the White Frost thing is something I just ignore for most of the time and not really care for it at all. It's poorly explained, comes out of nowhere and is generally stupid. The epilogues are nice though.

If Vilgefortz was facing CDPRs unstoppable Witcher 3 hot dad Geralt, i'm sure he would get his shit pushed in too

All of the mages should be defeating geralt easily, but that's gameplay for you.

yeh well books geralt comes weak as shit in comparison

In that last story when he reunites with Ciri after fall of Cintra, "Something more" i think, he recovers for weeks and almost dies after fight with some shitty ghouls

in fact events probably would have evolved the same way due to scripted cutscene like with Letho in Flotsam

how come that guy pursued by Renfri seeks his help then?

Not necessarily. Magic is a bit inconsistent in the books, basically if you get close enough and/or catch a mage unprepared they are pretty much toast. Spells are draining, and especially with little preparation they can't keep it up for very long. You could also employ witcherworld's version of cryptonite (which Geralt does have bombs of).

No, Vilgefortz is hands down the strongest human sorcerer by some margin. He is probably a capable fighter, as he was kind of an outlaw before learning magic, but he is no match for Geralt in that regard. He beats Geralt because the staff itself is magical, and seems to do most of the work for him.

To beat Vilgefortz I think 3-4 of the more powerful sorceresses could probably overpower him.

Mages are very strong but very focused, it's only really Vilgefortz who has spent a lot of time and effort covering his natural weakness in close combat.

For example, the Crinfrid Reavers overpower Yennefer and Letho overpowers Triss without trouble, because they are in close before the mage registers them as a threat.

>Vilgefortz is hands down the strongest human sorcerer by some margin

WHy the hell is this faggot so OP? Is there any reason for that?

It's natural ability, plus it is his nature to pursue power at all costs.

i cant beat the fucking zeugl in witcher 1

i have no swallow and no ingredients to make swallow, should i just give up?

What about, e.g. Tissaia? If you take into account people that aren't with us no more. She actually lifted the barrier on fucking Garstang, I dare say she's at least his equal in power, if not more powerful.

Zeugl? Are you in the epilogue already? Seems kind of silly to give up now?

there's literally nothing i can do to beat it tho and i have no potions

i might have fucked this playthrough

We don't know a whole lot about her. I would guess that she was about equal to Philippa, who I don't think would beat Vilgefortz.

But maybe I am overestimating him. It is worth noting that the Lodge sent (I think) Sabrina, Triss and Kiera to Rhys-Rhun with the mission of destroying the whole place with Vilgefortz inside.

Therefore the Lodge, who had far more information about Vilgefortz than was given to the reader, believed that those three sorceresses together could destroy Vilgefortz in a surprise attack. Triss and Kiera were the youngest (I think) sorceresses in the Lodge.

I am pretty sure TW1 is quite generous with save games, maybe see if you can go back to a bit before the fight, and prepare a bit better.

Welp Phil apparently couldn't even use Vilgy's notes about artificial eyes properly

Do you have an earlier save that allows you to access storage (Dandelion)? Anything good there?
There's always meddling with the savefiles via editor... Or modding difficulty.

>Anything good there?

no ive been without swallow ingredients the majority of my playthrough and ive neglected all alchemy

i think im fucked

Naw, Tissaia is definitely stronger than Philippa - again, refer Garstang. That barrier took years to build, and Keira says she's never seen anything like that before. It was an impressive display of power. She's also calls herself an "arch-mistress" of magic, a term I take to mean something... During/after the fight she's still strong enough to teleport Triss and Geralt, something Triss was utterly incapable of.
We don't know that much about her, but I'd still say that while she might be no match for his wits, she is where raw power and magical skill is concerned.

If you want you can toss me a savefile and I see what can be done.
Worst case I already have the editor and all that crap installed, switching a few triggers should enable you to bypass that fight.
It'll take a bit though, I got shit to do right now.

no thanks, when im no longer burnt out on it i'll probably just revisit it and start over from the beginning

at least now i know what i should do

>wouldn't mind looking at your stock
>geralt of rivia. a witcher
>mhmm
>talk about the reward first
how did geralt forget how to speak

he never knew how to begin with

who'da thunk?

I would like the witcher more if i had it on steam instead of faggot gog. I want my friends to watch me play.

So now its confirmed for a netflix show what are Veeky Forumss castings inb4 netflix can't affording stars?

shit taste

I know netflix can't afford that level of stardom anyway, but if fucking Bella can't-close-my-mouth Swan was to play Ciri I'd not go near it with a ten-foot pole.

this is awful

So stream. Or message them with "Hey bud i'm playing Witcher 3 y'know! How cool is that!" on facebook

Like Ciri's weird sexual fascination for horses and unicorns for instance...

At least you know what to do if you want to get in her pants.
Which actually reminds me - didn't she kiss Skjall in a horse stable, too?

If I remember correctly Tissaia is referenced to be the oldest human sorceress alive. Only elven sorceresses like Francesca and Ida were probably older. Philippa is definitely mentioned to be "no less than 300 years old".

In the witcher 1, how do I put talents in? I hit H but it doesnt let me use any talents..

>Geralt
>Anything but Mads Mikkelsen
Seriously. He is the actor who has Sapkowski official seal of approval.

are you at a campfire?

>create the most perfect female
>don't use her for anything else
why?

oh lol

Source?
Seems plausible that she is, but I can't remember that actually being stated somewhere. Nobody knows how old the elves are - Ida is Aen Saevherne, so I always assumed she was a bit older, but Francesca isn't and might well be comparatively "young".
Philippa is mentioned to be no less than 300, but it's Dandelion who says it, and he's basically just guessing (he once also said something like "when Yen was young the plow hadn't yet be invented" to Geralt). I also always run with roughly 300, but Dandelion must be as unreliable a source as there is.

what else you degenerate

other games, what else?

what games? there is Ciri card in gwent

For fuking

what did he mean by this?

>it's been two years

Playing the Witcher for the first time, am going to be using FCR among other mods. Have played the other Witchers, went through the FCR manual to get an idea of what I'm in for, wondering what difficulty I should play on.

I chose the higher difficulty install without knowing entirely what I was getting myself into, so of the difficulty choices between High, Hardcore and Witcher I'm definitely thinking just going with "High" at this point. Does that sound reasonable?

Or should I just go play Witcher 3.

Ciri isn't pure.

Why is Ciri such a slut?

It's 4 fukin years since youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

APOLOGIZE

CIRI IS PURE, SHE BELIEVES IN TRUE LOVE WITH HER PARTNER __GERALT__

And I still love Triss like the first day, probably even more...

that looks retarded

delete this.

Trissfu :3

CUTEST :3 Oh Trissfu...

she isn't though

Well she doesn't ask for money to do it, so she's not a whore. More of a mare that doesn't distinguish between stallions.

still wrong

>still wrong

about what? she has sexual relations with multiple people in the books and even goes after some podunk slob in the game.

So you've played 2 and 3, but never the first one?

The release date is in the title.

still wrong, kid

Well, in any case, if you those words from the actual modder:

"Play on easy difficulty!
This mod was made over 7 years ago for a niche Eastern European RPG game. It was tailored for a small community of fans who already finished the game at least once, a lot of them with another difficulty mod of mine and they still wanted more challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game on FCR's highest difficulty years ago and I'm sure there are plenty of players who still enjoy it. However, what was appreciated back then isn't necessarily good for a wide community The Witcher franchise gathered today. It doesn't help that one cannot change game's difficulty mid-playthrough and after couple of hours in finds out that when I wrote "playing on the Witcher difficulty level is unforgiving" and "requires very good knowledge of mod mechanic", that's what I really meant. You don't know in which order you should buy skills for optimal character build or that at certain point in game you need to defeat this monster with Aard enhanced by Place of Power or that you need to use whetstone or oil and a rubedo and albedo variant of these 2 potions, you'll die repeatedly. Constantly. Ridiculous, I know. Well, I used to like it this way. When I was younger.

Most of you will find any difficulty from hard difficulty pack aggravating. So would I. I wouldn't touch the hard difficulty pack, I don't have the time and patience for all the reloads. Despite the names "Casual", "Easy" and "Normal", the easy difficulty pack is not that easy. It's challenging, as in "challenge", not "frustration". So don't feel bad about choosing it. There were plenty of people who enjoyed this mod. Pick the right difficulty (low) and you'll enjoy it too. And no, the difference is not limited to how much health player has as I read in few comments, it's also enemy stats."
Make of that what you will.

shut the fuck up

wrong

I think she only fugged Mistle, that lesbo. The elf just fingered her and was poisoned before going serious, and that guy she wanted to fuck while running away from someone bled to death before anything happened. I think

Fuck you. I would punch you for this

Guide I followed for installation of multiple mods (FCR, ROTWW, texture overhaul, etc.) seemed to have a specific mod installation order.

Am I safe to uninstall and then reinstall FCR to get the set of Easy difficulties? There are no issues of overwrites or anything I assume.

Just want to be sure.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Btw, why is gwent and this separated?

Gwent is a standalone game with very different subjects of discussion, /wtc/ is at this point a niche general given the age of the titles and the series being done with. Also the latter is full of waifu shit which I'm sure they don't want to see so much of while trying to discuss Polish Hearthstone.

I really don't know for sure, user. It should work fine, but that's not much reassurance, I suppose.
I also didn't mean to tell you not to play the harder difficulties - just let you know what you're getting yourself into, especially if you're a first time player.

>page trissfu is a sweetheart

i wonder if she's that much OP in sex too?

Killed Whoreson after he told me about Ciri. I think I done good, boys.

He was a monster. And Geralt kills monsters.

No one will cry for him. He was a piece of shit and you probably saved a lot of prostitute lives by killing him.

>tfw support still hasn't replied to you and so you have to debate whether to contact them again or wait

Just contact them, you have nothing to lose at this point. At worst they won't reply at all and that's where you're at now anyway.

Get an xbox!
Or better yet, a decent PC!