/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

back on track edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies, look in serb browser

1st for Jet tonks.

reminder that this general is for engineering games, not just general engineering topics.

engineering posting is good up to a certain point, beyond which it just invites rampant shitposting and derailment

3rd for robo waifus

>he doesn't enjoy the offtopic posting when there's nothing much else to do
That was perfectly civilized and not at all abhorrent like most political discussions, the fact that /egg/ can discuss shit like that successfully is a great sign of quality for both /egg/ and its posters.

Though that went on for much longer than the usual.
And engineering or Veeky Forums related topics are more fun

There's a challenge for anyone making legged things.
Make a two legged robot that can walk, but you're not allowed to use feet that stick out forwards AND backwards from the legs, only forwards.

More advanced but not as cute.

>extend logistics network over large area of the map
>construction now takes ages as bots decide to haul a furnace from 3 miles away

Is there any way to unfuck this? Is there a certain maximum size beyond which you shouldn't build networks?

Just split them up and supply the networks with trains.

but user, that robot is cuter

Might try that in Algodoo when i get home. Feels a bit cheaty since it can only fall forwards or backwards though

just click the roboport button on map it shows the robotnetwork
why is there no initial d on this webum?

>Make walker
>Take mass & vertical heights of each part
>Make another 'view' of same design from the front
>Instead of moving, just has to maintain balance
>Only accept success once both stay upright and move while synced
3D autism, but simulated in 2D

> What is my purpose master
> You carry boxes
> Oh. My god.

>Why no D
Because moot refused to allow sound not on /gif/ or /wsg/, and Hiro probably won't understand the request

r8
At the end i just tried to get the deficit to 0

linking from wsg?

Speaking of linking from /wsg/,

I liked the stayin' alive version better.

ded

engineered death

Can someone show me china's government using this?

Probably almost perfect statism & right

It would be nice if this kind of site had presets for real cases like modern day U.S., China, Russia, U.K., etc.

Besiege multiverse W H E N

soon™

Does anyone have any good layouts for late game circuit production?

This is not enough and the trains take ages to load.

You need more copper

pretty new to factorio, never used trains yet
what are the pros/cons of trains as compared to pros/cons of belts?

> Two wires into 3 circuits
For what purpose? squeeze some beacons in there and quadruple copper production

faster, safer, cheaper, but on large distances, on close distances belts have all those advantages

>Two wires into 3 circuits

Oh, shit, that's backwards isn't it?

Fucking hell, I made this blueprint about 20 in-game hours ago and have been using it ever since, and the ratio is wrong

Oh my goodness

From time to time you see a thread made just to oursource sound webums, both on worksafe and non worksafe.

Look at the thread I linked to.

Yes im a total retard for not chekcing that out to see if it was the one.

>tfw your entire contribution to factorio with buddies is this spaghetti of a train network

do you have rail-skrzyżowanias?

jeszcze jak

>tfw got screncapped

Why haven't you switched to logistics robots?

>cheating

I raise you jet tonk destroyer.

>being stupid

Logistics bots are extremely overpowered and don't fit the spirit of the game at all, which is figuring out your own damn logistics and not letting some AI do it.

>being stupid

just stop talking and think for a moment please

Going abroad for a while, what /egg/ games should I put on my phone?

>implying there are /egg/ mobile games
Mobile "gaming" sucks as is, there can't be /egg/s on mobile.
Just set up some kind of remote viewing with phone and pc

Nice opinion, did you get it on /v/?

Are you seriously trying to claim that there are good mobile games that aren't straight up ports of old games that haven't been butchered?
I mean it might just be how horrible searching for anything on any mobile platform is but they're mostly absolute trash.

Galaxy on fire 2 is a port of an old pc game with space trucker type comfy and it's probably the only thing I can recommend.

I know there are some babbies first engineering games where you strap blocks together to make a flying/driving machine and get through levels, but I can't remember what they were called.

>new to rails
>figure I'll learn as I go along
>build big rail network with several stations and stuff
>realize I now need to put down rail signals all over

well fuck

>boot it up again because I enjoyed it
>they made another one
>mobile only
>it's kiked out the ass and not even the same genre of game
RIP

>log into crossout forums last night
>see this shit
>entire thread is people mocking her

Link me fampai, I wanna witness this

Are you fucking with me now? user posts a picture of his green chip production and asks for a good layout, another suggests using logistics bots, then someone says they are cheating because you're supposed to figure out your own logistics system. What the fuck? The guy in the first place was asking for someone else to figure out his logistics system for him. Logistics bots will do exactly what he wants, faster and in less space.

There is OpenTTD on android

Thread got deleted after a dev came in and said some things he probably shouldnt have said. He basically pointed out that its a post apocolyptic 2047 wasteland, where society has broken down, there arent many laws, and that women are lucky if they arent captured by Slavers.

I still have the thread loaded up though. I should screencap the whole thing. It was pretty funny.

i now have a reason to drop my normiePhone and get an android

>deleted.
Wow what a pussy little faggot. A couple of days ago a feminist tried to pull this shit on rockstar and they banned her ass for being a stupid bitch

>He basically pointed out that its a post apocolyptic 2047 wasteland, where society has broken down, there arent many laws, and that women are lucky if they arent captured by Slavers.
>actually saying that to a rabid feminazi
post it, i want to witness

And this is why women's opinion is usually ignored when it comes to games (or anything else, really)

>Starts by saying "Sorry to be "that person""
>Complaints that a single faction has a female leader.
>Complains about that leader's name
>Complains about her title
>Complains about character clothes
>Complains that said leader is more attractive than the average human

I don't play Crossout, but i don't thing leader's gender, name, clothes, title or aspect affects gameplay in any way

>This is the year 2047
>Posting that argument in the year 2*1000 + 1*10 + 7
kek

>He basically pointed out that its a post apocolyptic 2047 wasteland, where society has broken down, there arent many laws, and that women are lucky if they arent captured by Slavers.
Slavs are absolute madmen

Okay heres the thread. The threads not actually deleted, but normal posters cant access it, wherever they moved it to.

Forums were a mistake.

All smartphones are for normies user.

Not only that, but there comes a time in every factory's development where belts just don't cut it anymore. I mean sure, I could run 32 separate blue belts full of copper just to get this shit going, or I could find a nice, tileable, compact design for logistics bots and do it in a tenth the space and spend all that time I saved doing one of the billion other things my factory needs me to do.

Meant for

>noted for future use
So thats the solution, not having humanoid figures AT ALL, so they cant inject any bullshit into it.

Yes and no. As a blanket term smartphones are for normies but certain phones are pretty niche. I haven't encountered anyone using the same smartphone as me irl in the last 13 years or so. 7710, n93i, n900, xperia play, sharp etc.

The sharp was interesting it had a 3d screen like a nintendo 3ds

>developer that said it is female
There goes the sexism argument

>Dev points out a sensible reason not to put the women on the front lines that's basically the same idea as how gender roles work in real life
That's enough to shut down the entire argument on its own

How many logistic bots do you have in total?

10,000, with about half of them idle most of the time. I may need to add more soon, though, if I can ever get more oil. Only half the factory is running because no plastics.

China is so fucked up man. I lived there for three years and this is my best description i could cobble together for them. The site doesn't allow me to actually put all the terrible shit down like all the free speech restrictions, the death penalty for drugs, and no option in abortion for government enforced. Also I don't know their exact taxation rules because they intentionally keep it obfuscated but these are my best guesses. What a shithole.

>Military funding: 65%
>Science: 5%
Yeah, I can see that.

Too awesome for this boring world senpai

China has a central bank. Only two or 3 countries on earth do not have a jewish controlled central bank. North korea, iran and the possible 3rd I don't recall.

Should we say Android and iPhone then? Those are the most popular ones that slurp your data, anyway.

Yes? If you use your eyes you'll see I selected central bank there.

I know right it's horrifying. There's a reason nothing innovative has come out of their country since gunpowder. And most of that military money isn't even developing new shit, it's just buying old soviet trash. Have you seen their first aircraft carrier haha jesus what a wreck look at it. It's literally almost 50 years old. They only just made one of their own, time will tell how effectve that really is.

You selected public ownership. The china central bank and all other central banks are privately owned and accountable to nobody.

well, let's be honest. iPhone is for normies who don't really give a fuck and want something shiny, and Android is for normies who think buying something that isn't an iPhone is cool because it makes them look tech-savvy

>pic
Doesn't China's political class have a shitload of engineers?

>A ramp
Every time

Hah, privately owned? Are you fucking high? The state has absolute authority over all banks, the management of the central bank is directly elected by the government you spaz. And the government is essentially one man, what Xi says goes.

I wouldn't say a shitload, but some. And really these are engineers in a very loose sense of the word. Owners of big engineering companies they clawed/kissassed/backtabbed their way to the top of without any real qualifications or engineering skill. As they say, it's all about guanxi, who you know. Bribery, nepotism and general corruption on a scale you can't imagine. Remember this is the country famous for particularly shit engineering like escalators which eat people, lifts which cut people in half, and bridges/roads that just fall to pieces. Visit a /rekt/ thread in gif and like 70% of the content is chinese engineering/safety fuckups.

>The state has absolute authority over all banks

He doesn't know..

Oh I see, /pol/ has arrived with their favourite boogeyman. Yeah I'm sure China, one of the most ethnocentric and arguably racist nations on the planet, in which i have scarcely ever seen a white person or anyone not chinese, is actually controlled by the Jews, or is it reptilians now? I get so confused.

It's the reptilians, user. The reptilians control the jews, the jews control the west, the west controls bits and pieces of Shitskin countries like France or Britain.

>Not knowing about the rest

user, the reptillians are controlled by the molemen who in turn are controlled by the ayys who answer to the bogandoffs who are Barron's personal slaves

don't forget aliens from alpha centauri that control the reptillians and are controlled by jews

Oh my how naive.

>hello mr china I'm mr central banking. I control basically every country on earth.
>allow us to set up our central bank in china or we will prolapse your anus

Dude, Japanese corps won't even let Jews on their board of directors, to say nothing of China

It's almost not even worth engaging with someone as stupid as you but I just can't help myself. user, China has been so isolationist for almost its entire history that they basically didn't even interact financially with the rest of the world until about 40 odd years ago. I won't comment on how valid your ideas may be for other countries but to imply that China of all places is subject to such things is utter idiocy.

Yeah I'm not that dude but he is one hundred percent spot on. That is precisely what it is like in China

Actually jews were heavily involved in the communist revolution of china and met with mao frequently. Chinese aren't as anti semitic as you think.

Irrelevant even if it is true (hint, it's not). Mao's policies died a long time ago. The only thing the current chinese government has in common with that of Mao's is the name and the iron fisted authoritarian state control. Also lol, I don't have it to hand but I recall a historical account of some chinese emperor in the yuan dynasty i think who after conquering some western region full of muslims and jews mandated that they must eat pork (chinese have a real hard on for pork) and their beliefs don't mean shit. I didn't say they were antisemitic but what they are is people who don't give a fuck about "foreigners" or their ways.

You both pretty much claimed the chinese are antisemitic, one by suggesting that the chinese and japanese don't allow jews on boards of directors and the other by suggesting that the idea of jewish central banking in china is ridiculous, despite the fact that germany, france, australia, spain, britain and america have jewsih central banks.

To suggest china is a special case and they would never allow such a thing could be construed as antisemitic user.

Are you braindead? It's not targeted towards Jews any more than it's targeted towards anyone else. They just don't fucking want foreigners up in their shit. As far as a chinese man is concerned, there is scarcely any difference between you (clearly an american), a mexican, a german, a jew, a russian or basically anyone else. You are all "westerners" in their eyes and your statement about other european/anglosphere countries just shows how hopelessly fucking ignorant you are of how spectacularly alien oriental cultures are, China especially so.

Ok if you say so. Since this has long passed the point where it became a discussion for another thread on another board I will drop it but make no mistake the bank of china is not controlled by the chinese. I'm out.

Can you guys stop talking about the Asians? They are quite literally subhuman with no sense of honor and integrity.

>saging a ded as fuark /egg/ thread.