Daily reminder

Daily reminder

Why are you not using the best wipers out there?

Polish your windscreen with silicone grease, it does the same thing as these wipers for a fraction of the cost.

You devil.

where do you acquire them?

Internet

It's not just that,the wipers last longer, and are very good quality.

>his wipers aren't the same size

Nice weight distribution, faggot. Have fun on track day.

>Why are you not using the best wipers out there?
I am. Bosch dual-rubber compound wipers. Different parts of the wiper blade flex differently, and Bosch uses different compounds seamlessly in those blades.

Bosch master race reporting in.

I would be more concerned about uneven airflow

>not unbolting your wipers for weight savings

Too bad there's no public link to consumer reports reviews on wiper blades.

>Consumer report

>having wipers
Enjoy your pigfat shitbox

I already am fampai. Work somewhere where there is a LOT of abrasive dust and these are the only ones that last more than a couple weeks. It's been a month and a half now and no streaks at all. Highly recommend.

I don't trust PIAA wipers to always keep on working once they stop releasing silicone oil from the blades. My wiper blades are the beam type, so that would be $28 (discount price) for each single blade or a total of $56 plus tax for PIAA wiper blades.

You can get beam GoodYear wipers from Costco for $7 each.

The rest are overpriced shit.

>wipers
>California
lol rain

how do you clean dirt off without getting out?

Are the Goodyear ones actually good? What is the best cheap one out there

No. they are okay at best. last 6 months. but are inexpensive.

not that guy but cars don't really get all that dirty here, it's mostly just dust and I wash my car on a weekly basis anyway

How good are these things with snow and ice, in temperatures going down to -30°C?

>You can get beam GoodYear wipers from Costco for $7 each.
At least walmart has the Bosch dual rubber Icon blades for $18 each. It's hard to fault the GoodYear Costco wipers at that price for beams. I'll give them a try when my OEM blades start to go bad. If they wipe clean in the cold weather rain, then I'll switch to them instead of the Boshe I've been using since the 1990's. The Bosche dual rubber wipers have been around a long long time.

I'm not a fan of soft silicon rubber. It gives me the feeling of squeezing down and letting metal touch the glass. I'm also not a fan of any silicon rubber that weeps or oozes silicon oil. And there must be a limit to how much oil it can ooze out before all its pores make the surface look like a dry rot tire.

They don't ooze. They do provide a light coating. The blade isn't sticky. It does slide super smooth, and never squeeks.

Then they need to get rid of any and all advertising about leaving a silicon residue for water beading effect.

The silicon wipers do require a window pretreatment be used first and they provide a small packet for you to wipe it on a clean window after you clean it.

Because they use a gimmick to look good on advertising literature pictures. Unlike the picture of "Windshield with Your Wiper Blade", the"Windshield with Our Silicone Wiper" has been pre-treated with their silicone oil window dressing before using their wiper. They might as well be comparing a Rain-X windshield to a non-cleaned and treated windshield.

Since I frequently use windex on my windshield, their silicone oil treatment will be wiped off pretty fast.

Went to Costco, and it didn't seem to have any beam wipers for my car. All the $7.88 wiper blades there were those normal ones with the multiple arms.

These you mean?

They had beam style like 2 years ago, but they were discontinued. I actually, no fucking kidding spent 20 minutes looking through that wiper box trying to find the old style blade in my size, and when I went to the checkout they were legally unable to sell me them. Fuck.

The new style in pic related is kinda shit. its kinda like a blade, but its in 3 pieces. but kinda like a blade?
its tall as shit, and has shit aerodynamics. at like 90mph the wiper motor is too weak to return the blades. I have to slow down to like 65.
never had an issue with any other blades.

Those are the ones. You can see that small almost outdated booklet in front of each box. I didn't buy any after looking for beams quite awhile thru all the boxes. No beams anywhere.

These GoodYear blades are an example of how brands have become diluted as they struggle to make money selling goods from China. These GoodYear blades at Costco seem to be a "reboot" of an old line of neoprene blades for cars from the 1970's onwards. I got the first hint from looking at the blade replacement book that lists what blades are used with which cars. For a bunch of GM cars, the blade listing ends at the year 2015. On top of that, their 2015 blade was wrong for my 2015 GM car as they offered the non-blade version to replace my oem bladed version. I guess the chinese figure it's better to sell any blades than to refuse to sell mismatched blades, so of course they'll allow their non-blades to replace bladed versions.

Is that kind of replacement bad? It depends. These chinese wipers are quite a bit taller than my bladed wipers. My car has enough clearance that even tall blades can be used. But I've seen some cars whose wipers retract under the hood lip, and something tall might cause the wiper arm to be so far off the windshield that it might hit something.

>I don't trust PIAA wipers to always keep on working once they stop releasing silicone oil from the blades.

I thought all silicone wiper blades were made out of actual silicone rubber.

Because they aint sold here, and steel-framed Bosch ones have always done me well

Fuck plastic-framed wipers

>his wiper has a frame

AND a spoiler

Bow before my riced up wiper!

Do you really need wipers with your truck? Just turn on that huge ass lightbar of yours and all the rain evaporates before it can hit your windshield.

They aren't at my local Walmart

>Bosch

Stop buying crap.

Well ofcourse I do - if I don't have state-regulated wipers mounted I will surely be caught, put on trial and senteced to 11 years in a gulag

Says the man with an overhyped soviet shitbox that happened to occascionally be 4WD if you were lucky

What are the worst wipers though? And why are they the worst?

ya'll niggas need to start buying trico flex.

>implying it matters when road salt and debris of the rust belt means they all die in a year

Actual silicone rubber wipers are much more resistant than regular rubber. They also wont dry out.

I was able to get them exchanged 6 months into owning them cause they started streaking. Costco didnt even argue.

>Costco didnt even argue.
That's because Costco started out in the Seattle area just as Nordstroms did and had many of the same customer satisfaction values. Costco's refund style influenced Sam's Club as well.

A lot of black rubber wiper blades are now stiff silicone rubber. But those brands aren't as soft and floppy like the PIAA.

Pieces of shit.

Garbage.

Never seen these and I doubt they even make any that fit mine and aren't xbox hueg on my tiny wiper arms.
I've found the walmart tier Michellin wipers (cheapest next to supertech) actually work the best and don't stand out.

>t.Squarebody owner

>You can get beam GoodYear wipers from Costco for $7 each.
I think Costco dropped the ball allowing this product into their lineup. Instead of the nice soft neoprene rubber, these blades feel like they were made with vulcanized tire rubber that was then given a quick silicon lubrication spray treatment. Leave it to the chinese to make something cheap that works just long enough. Is "rubber+silicone spray" the same as silicone rubber? To the chinese it is when selling to the foreign devils.

Why don't you write a suggestion to either Sam's Club or Costco to stock these items at their stores? Then lots of people will get exposed to the pleasures of soft greasy silicone wipers.

What if I actually like the gentle squeak of a wiper blade

It's the sound of a dirty windshield (calcium deposits, stubborn organics) or a worn (aka damaged) wiper blade. If you're by yourself that's fine I guess. But if you have other passengers, it's embarassing to have that sound.

Yeah, yeah, what's the general excuse? "The sound of squeaking wiper blades doesn't bother me because it's no where as loud as the keys on my Blackberry as I'm texting."

because i live in california and we just had our wet winter for the decade so i wont need them during the drought that's going to follow it

>buying wiper blades online
>"muh wiper bleeds are so good fuck your kek trash"
And this shit why car guys are the most cancerous of all hobbies

What percentage of the groundwater did the wet winter restore?

In the beginning, the regular Trico wipe just as well as any other. But after awhile, the sharp edge seems to go away and they streak. So how are these Trico Flex better? Did they change the rubber?

Live in California I bought some wipers at the 99 cent store about a year ago . It never rains here so these shits still work like new when ever it does.

from what i understand the rubber is reinforced and the blade is fixed more tightly against the window, so they last a bit longer than a standard blade, but they don't really cost all that much more than other shit you'd find at an advanced auto parts.

I don't use beam blades, so the advantages of silicone rubber in a beam environment are moot. In the non-beam environment, silicone rubber's higher cost is mostly wasted.

>PIAA
Their advantage in the promotional pictures is after windshields with their blades are pre-treated with a window treatment. But the other window with any other blade is NOT treated. This is technically legal but is fundamentally dishonest in an ethical sense.

I don't like buying brands like PIAA that use unethical product comparisons to other products.

PIAA are internet-only wiper blades?

>Having a windscreen

>PIAA are internet-only wiper blades?
from chinese silicon rubber

>from what i understand the rubber is reinforced and the blade is fixed more tightly against the window

But that is standard for all beam blades. Without those cantilvered arms, the wiper arm has to push the blade hard against the windshield to make the wiper blade flush on the glass. The higher pressure means the blade has to be both taller and thicker than the older style blades. If it was the same amount of wimpy thin rubber or polymer, it would squeeze down and risk the metal part touching the glass.

>PIAA are internet-only wiper blades?
Items that are mail-order only do not have to meet a lot of store FTC performance requirements or other consumer safety requirements for items sold in consumer retail stores.

>Not stripping your entire car apart so much that you're basically left with just an engine. Gearbox and 4 wheels

That would look like a slum car

>That would look like a slum car
But put a pair of PIAA wipers on your car, and it will look better than a million bucks! Guaranteed!

grrreat, a car that looks like a million bucks in a slum is gonna get prowled