freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

kemonogames.com/aboutspacecorgi
w84death.itch.io/tanks-of-freedom
rpginabox.com/
gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's the worst engine

I can draw, program, write, and compose. I just need an ideaguy.

third for how would I go about making an AI for a tactical RPG?

You can't, just hire bored teenagers to play as the AI characters.

>AndroidArt will never do art or concepts for your game.
Whats even the point.

Each unit keeps track of all objectives and then weights them and chooses the best action.
You can keep it really simple like "attack nearest unit" and "retreat when at 15% or less health", AI doesn't need to be complex to be fun.

[you're favorite engine]

The engine that you are using

That's barely even AI, it's just a straight forward logic tree, maybe with some RNG so it's not too predictable.

A* for movement.

progress

it begins.

How can I make a character obviously mexican with just text?

I want to have a very stereotypically mexican robot in my game and I won't have VO, only text bubbles. The game is not very serious, it's about a redneck dude flying through space on a dinged up ship, going on adventures and shit. I want him to have a fitting sidekick (think R2D2 and Luke).

Godot. It's a meme pushed by Linuxfags.

Gamebryo

mine

Re-requesting from last thread, but I want to make a game similar to monmosu quest but with a top down overworld to explore in between VN elements.

Basically the player character would explore the world, and when he interacts with monster girl sprites, it goes into VN mode where you bang the girls.

Is this possible with GameMaker? Where should I start off? Total noob.

>tfw using Godot on Windows

spam mexican slang

Make the robot speak Mexican Spanish. (Make sure it isn't Castilian Spanish, or Argentinian Spanish, etc.)

>Is this possible with GameMaker?
Yes
>Where should I start off?
Make the player able to walk

It's actually just not though. I can't think of any reason not to like it.

rpg maker

>making rifles when you can't have them in your country
I'm about to trigger so many /k/ fags.

Reposting incase this guy migrated already

You still here? Here you go.

Note the article described some crazy adding a quadruple sin function. I just did a single sin and it looks good. You can modify it in the MyDisplacementFn if you want though.

IS THAT A MECHA GAME

"AYE SENIOR I ES SITTING ERE AN MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS ESAY WHEN DIS WHITE GUY CAME OUTA NOWHERE AN THREW ME BACK OVER DA WALL HOMES"

(REEEEEEEEEEEEEE's in spanish)

I don't think /k/ has strong opinions on lighting guns

I think there is a reason why there is no good Godot game. If you say it's new, then a better question is why there isn't any interesting game being deved with it.

or lightning guns

Enemies are gonna be mechas/walkers/whatever because they're easier to do than Humanoids. But I'm not planning on making the play pilot any mecha, cause I want it to play fast.

Still gotta make some grips/handles that make sense.

>the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence MOTHERFUCKER

hly shit dude, that's incredible, thank you so much for you help, this excercise was meant to be a fun little thing but it turned into a fucking monster I couldn't work out.

Yes, but it's still something to ponder.

Unless you believe it's a holy grail and no worthwhile dev found it until this moment.

>tfw want to make traditionally jrpg but no one plays them any more

Because "interesting game" is subjective. There's plenty of games being devved with it, even some here on /agdg/. But maybe they aren't interesting to you.

I think Unreal and Unity probably offer more at the cost of being harder to use. They have better documentation, more tutorials, and (I guess better 3D, idk I don't 3D). But godot actually has a lot going for it and its been by far the simplest to learn out of the three, like there's not even a question about it for me at least.

>put in a node
>link events
>done

In Unity doing 2D always was way more of a fight against the engine and there was very little support for built in simple controls and stuff. I remember from the tutorials if I wanted a button I needed to get like a rect to display the texture, a textblock for the text, and then use the object onclick event or whatever. In godot you add a button and you just add a texture to it from the built in UI, then you click on the events icon and it lists all the events that a button has and you attach the event to a script.

Godot is a game engine but for 2D it's so much more of a complete package in regards to everything being specifically designed for Godot that it feels more like you're using Winforms in visual studio or something. I like using Godot more than Unity and C# is my prefered language, which means I probably should like Unity more, but Godot feels so much cleaner and more clear on what its trying to be/provide.

user please illuminate me: post which games you think are interesting that are currently being made in Godot.

>"Why doesn't your game have an easy/accessibility mode? Are you ableist?"

Yeah I am. And a racist and a misogynist. Please say away from my project. Thanks!

It doesn't require quick reflexes and the controls are pretty easy already, I might add an option to remove potentially seizure-inducing effects though

Does your vagina have an easy/accessibility mode?

There's an user here making a shoot em up, but he hasn't posted in a while, it looked cool though.
There was also a beat em up posted here.
There's this space corgi shooter kemonogames.com/aboutspacecorgi
Tanks of Freedom w84death.itch.io/tanks-of-freedom
RPG in a box rpginabox.com/
That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Why don't the olympic games have an easy/accessibility mode for non-athletic people such as me ? This is blatantly ableist !

gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/
To be honest everything in the "basic" category is pretty good to implement even if you're not trying to make your game more accessible.

Yeah that website is really useful, so many important things you can easily forget.

If Brainlets are too stupid to remember the controls I have mapped out in order to gain the optimal experience then they don't deserve to play my game

I like to come to AGDG some times and pretend that I'm still making games

Hope you enjoy a shitty unmarketable reputation and no sales.

Are you even allowed to post here if you don't have at least an editor open?

this.
Immersion is a thing i dont care if an retard is trying to play my game, theyre not taking away the possibiltiy to get fully immersed in my game just cause they retards

>Include contextual in-game help/guidance/tips
Why don't I just put in a button to beat the game for you?

Oh I do have an editor open. I'm just not making a game though

Oh no! Sorry for being bad. Please give me money.

Same here.

Not a fan of [ANY MODERN GAME], are you?

Would you play an RPG game without gameplay?

dang, I knew you might've been lurking, should've posted this last night

I'd really like to get in touch with you, would you please send me an email at [email protected] with a phone number if you don't mind texting? (that's my best method of communication)

this is not my game... saw the filename and thought it would be a cool webm, but didn't mean to post someone else's with my trip. this is an exception

Plenty of games do contextual stuff like highlight an interactive object when you hover over it, or show some text such as "press E to pick up Thing" when you're close to Thing, without making the game beat itself.

What source control protocol do you use and why?

>A role playing game game without game

go git or git out

None. Because I don't know how to use git. I just wing it and hope I never have to go back.

I use Google Drive as my source control repo.

No problem. I'll definitely be keeping the displacement function for future use because you can just plug that into any texture and it'll work.

There's still a lot of trivial things you do to play around with it. Like using depth fade to increase the intensity of the foam near the shore line, generating the foam alpha using a noise instead of using the texture for infinite non-tiling variation, varying the offset of the foam shadow by the camera angle so it looks like there's depth.

>people in the last thread trying to wrap their head around the concept of screenshot saturday

Fucking really? Is agdg the ONLY dev group place you visit?

yes

you're posting this like it's a completely ridiculous thing (baiting greentext, attached woman pic that's supposed to strongly impact lone nerds), but you bet your fucking ass i want as many people as possible to play my game and enjoy it so it will have an easy difficulty setting

It's the same thing. Require the player to figure something out from the information given to them earlier? Fuck that, let's just put a massive CLICK HERE TO PROGRESS label!

I liked Mask of the Betrayer, but only for its plot.

Nominally I use git but in reality I just copy and rename my project folder

That's real fucking sad user
I like this place but community variety is very important

Yes? Heck, Veeky Forums is pretty much the only website I visit regularly.

I'm going through what you two anons have been hashing out and after copying your solution I come across the following error, which is puzzling as I thought it would count input from the function itself?

>don't know how to use git.
It takes literally 20 minutes to learn

>google drive
t-thats not source control though... That's File Sharing

What do you guys do when not if... WHEN you computer bursts into flames?

>What do you guys do when not if... WHEN you computer bursts into flames?

I dont use nvidia

>community variety is very important
Why?

Have you seen the quality of an average game on reddit dev threads?

AGDG has some shit, but theirs is on completely different level.

Store all my important shit in dropbox folder

Pixel platformers everywhere

shilling connections

Wrong linkage..

>source control
>for a solo project

Irrelevant.

>t-thats not source control though

Nigger, I have folders set up with each version of my game.

What are you to tell me that doesn't count?

When you use a function input you have to check "Use preview value as default"
If you don't do this then you are required to plug in values for Time, Apltitude Speed, etc. to the Displace_Texture_Coordinate node because the compiler can't find a default.

So click "Input Time" and then check "Use preview value as default", then do that for the remaining 4 nodes

External HDD, Google Drive

I reformat my computer like, every 3 months or so just because I like it, it makes me feel clean, its a reflex from having a previous computer that I literally never reformatted ever and had for 8 or so years. When you reformat that often you don't look at saved data like its impervious to being deleted.

That being said I've never actually had hardware fail in any computer I've ever owned.

Not really, it's pretty useful and convenient, I use it a lot for experimenting and then reverting bad changes.

Its just a different take on stuff. Different people and projects. Different customs and formats. Like says some of them are fucking terrible, but thats also good to see, because you get an average idea of the standards people have outside of /agdg/, most of which are very low. You realize the correlation between a good game and a team, and you get to show your project to more people, read:

Agdg has given me some attention and a comfy place to show progress and shitpost while following games i like in a very particular fashion, but other communities have given me work opportunities and i might get funding from an actual publisher thanks to connections i've made

Vidya is a very human resources heavy medium, and networking is one of the most important things you can make use of

>you need to pay for private github repos

Pass.

gitgud.io

Then use BitBucket or literally any other git host?

Use bitbucket

yh, i really didn't spend enough time with the ui, thanks.

Time to tackle the for the wave/height/world offset stuff., Exciting stuff.

GitLab nigger

>github is git
love this meme

but there is gitlab and bitbucket

nothing holds you there

Doesnt Github actually have free private repos now?

>made by alt-right shitheads from 8ch who feel the need to stick it to SJWs and spew epic memes at every possible moment
>even their URL is a meme

I seriously hope no one uses this.

no

It's not like AGDG doesn't have many different people and projects with different opinions and customs. That's the main reason you argue all the time.

>networking jobs publishers
So
>community variety is very important
Only if you intend to make games for money