2017 BMW Z4 Concept

BMW unveiled the Concept Z4 on Thursday during the Monterey Car Week festivities in California. The Concept Z4, like the Concept 8 Series before it, gives us a preview of the new BMW Z4, which should debut in the next year or so -- again, just like the 8 Series.

In terms of traditional roadster aesthetics, it's all here. There's a low-slung body, a long hood, room for just two people and a roof that doesn't look like it'll be all that fun to have up. The seats are practically resting atop the rear axle, which makes the car look fast even while sitting still. The headlights sit rather high on the car -- BMW points to the Z8 for inspiration here.

Other urls found in this thread:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-pebble-beach-concours-delegance/bmw-concept-z4-shows-bold-design-direction
bild.de/auto/auto-news/bmw-z4/neuer-bmw-z4-roadster-erster-test-design-innenraum-52874446.bild.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inside is actually pretty straightforward. It's very car-like, with a collection of physical switches for certain vehicle and infotainment functions. There's a somewhat-standard-looking shifter in place, and an infotainment screen that rises from the dash just as it would in other new Bimmers.

Of course, there are some ridiculous flourishes in there. There's a lap timer built into the bottom of the steering wheel, the gauges look like they're from a different decade, and the seats are two different colors -- and two different materials entirely. It's a very serious car, since it's destined for production, but BMW still had a load of fun putting this together, it appears.

Being a concept, BMW didn't really delve into powertrains. It's believed that when the Z4 comes to production, it will carry both four- and six-cylinder engines, like most of the rest of BMW's lineup. The Z4's underpinnings, which were developed in a joint venture with Toyota, will also live on as the next-generation Toyota Supra.

It's a weird world we're in, where a BMW Z4 can also be a Toyota Supra. But if BMW's concept is any indicator, it doesn't matter who helped develop the car, it's bound to be a stunner

Looks pretty good but this is just concepts will see if they can make it look the same on production line.

Looks like a fucking Lexus

Garbage

>doesn't look like total shit
For a modern BMW, that's certainly something different.

Ridiculously high belt-line ruins the car imo

First BMW in a long, long time that I don't hate the way it looks.

Since it is German, It will look like them with few impractical stuffs like stealth handles removed.

Wow that Maxima convertible looks awesome

yeah that beltline is fucking stupid, what were they thinking?

seems like even if you're 6ft+ you'll have trouble looking out the car, i mean just look at this pic lmao

I had low expectations and this surpassed it by a lot.

It would be funny if Z4 looks better than new Supra.

>safety regulations

that driver centric interior design kinda reminds me of the supra interior

I think it is inspired by the original Z4. I still think it looks great.

sorta.

>“It is giving you a hint, a very close hint, of what the production car will look like next year,” says BMW global design chief Adrian van Hooydonk

So fucking good.

Looks like a Jaguar Mercedes love child. Where's the BMW-ness apart from the kidney grills?

see

A new BMW that looks good? What time line is this?

Its taillights scream BMW to me.

i8, 6 series, new 8 series etc

Just checked the readout, we are still trapped in the timeline of maximum mediocrity.

I knew as soon as I saw the readout display mechanism was still located in the bathroom of a KFC.

Looks like a Mercedes but uglier, quite the achievement

>Veeky Forums suddenly likes new bimmers and it's the ugliest one yet

>A pillar thinner than my dick
>front end that wont pass pedestrian safety
>no sun visors
>retardedly thin and long mirrors
>no column stalks
>non-rectangular infotainment
>touch buttons

Looks like some weird Toyota supra

That's no aston.

what a coincidence, lexus has had their concept up for a while

>Lexus still thinks this fuck huge grill looks good

constanza.jpg

Ok is my mind playing tricks on me or is this absurdly wide?
I want to know more about the numbers on the width/length of the car.
Why did every car since the z3 need to get larger and larger.

that is not a roadster though.
it's a 4 seater convertible

Stop replying to your own posts no one gives a fuck about lexus

I like how they used passenger heads as roll over loops

it looks so nasty

>That's no aston.

Right, OP's pic is BMW Z4, and your pic is Lexus LC.

This is Aston.

They changed their copy-paste grille?????????

>AMG's shitty sounding V8 is desecrating the Aston Martin image

ABSOLUTLY HARAM

>i6
>Manual
>RWD
There's still hope (for this and the new Supra)

The Supra is automatic only for the I6, and the I4 is a hybrid

nice civic convertible

most of BMWs lineup is
>i6 turbo
>manual
>rwd
yet Veeky Forums still hates it lmao.

This.
Mercedes V8's literally sound like old men's wet farts.

Bmw already confirmed that there wont be any hybrid options for the supra

not bad. Really the diffuser at the front is what should go, and it probably will in the production model.

BMW looks slighty less awful but still pretty bad. would get an SLC instead, unironically.

it's the first time they are letting go the 4 round headlights, kinda sad

the entire front end will not stay because of muh pedestrians. expect soap.

most of Veeky Forums can't even afford a 18k FiST.

o is poor AND can't work on cars so a new bmw is not an option.

I just hope it won't be i8 level of soap.

slc43 is auto only, has an open diff and has a V6, so boring.

I drove the one of my boss and in sport+ (?) mode it was the best roadster I have ever driven by far. easy to drift too.

you drifted your boss' car?
wew

The headlight's remind me more of the new GEE TE ARU's.

Well, Aston Martin is inept now. They outsource almost everything to MB.

According to the review of DB11, it is really good and better than old ones.

I know right, it reminds me of Lexus' engines. Geezer's wet farts.

Holy shit

>A full-blown M version of the roadster, running the BMW performance car division’s 425bhp twin-turbo 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder, has also been mooted, but it has yet to be officially confirmed by BMW.

>True to tradition, the three initial Z4 models retain the rear-wheel-drive layout that has been part of the two-seat roadster’s appeal since its introduction in 2002. Buyers are set to be offered the choice of a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic in combination with all engines.

>six-speed manual confirmed

autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-pebble-beach-concours-delegance/bmw-concept-z4-shows-bold-design-direction

>Meet the future: Many parts of the Concept Z4 are already very close to the serial version

>

The light red soft top will be hidden behind long drawn-out hooves with an integrated rollover bar. In the short tail are duckbürzel, carbondiffusor, 3D-LED taillights, bullige exhaust tailpipes and in the center in between a small red lamp - as with Supersportwagen. The 20-inch wheels integrate cleanly into the wheel arches.

So the next summer can come. We look forward to the first ride.

bild.de/auto/auto-news/bmw-z4/neuer-bmw-z4-roadster-erster-test-design-innenraum-52874446.bild.html

>get rear ended
>backseat passengers skulls break open

>2017
>Mercedes cars still look german
>BMWs look japanese

minus the retarded as fuck lexus X grill

>It would be funny if Z4 looks better than new Supra.
it will

Yea sure whatever when are we gonna get the inevitable coupe M version

>Z4 will literally be the objectively better version of the Supra
>Looks better
>Offers manual because god knows Toyota won't

How the mighty have fallen. Just need a hard top version now.

>countries have their own distinctive designs
anyway, globalism is here to stay, just look at every entry level model in practically any manufacturer

wtf i love the facelift of the new Honda S660 now

stop bringing up the s660

ikr more respect for the DEAD hahahahahahaha

Here let me help

That looks awful and I am a huge Lexus fan

It's the fucking RC without a roof.