Redpill me on G-wagen Professional, Veeky Forums

We have all heard that G-wagen is a waste of money. However, does this include the professional series? G350D, more practical and a legit off-road vehicle. Are there any alternatives to this potentially overpriced vehicle in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ig43RnmUGBo
newcenturyvw.com/contact-new-century-volkswagen-in-glendale-ca
youtube.com/watch?v=rQaYPopt3rk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Traditionally the Defender.
Modern alternatives are probably a mix of commercial versions of japanese pickups and the VW amarok

>G-wagen is a waste of money.

Subjective. They still have an excellent offloading capabilities. Sadly, most G-owners hardly use them. However, G-wagons still have exceptional presence.

Gas guzzler

In Europe most G-Wagens are those poverty spec off-road ones with small diesels.

The luxury V8 models are the American cancer.

mall crawler core

yeah

Here is poor man's G-wagen as mall crawler.

Why can't you ask /ORG/ to redpill you, faggot OP

fpbp. It is a shame that pick-ups are not a thing in Europe as there would definitely be more choice.

You are bound to overpay for a car that is considered a status symbol in most of the European countries. In addition to this, when you see one with massive rims it's like seeing an athlete in a wheelchair.

So a new Jeep Wrangler is that much worse than G-wagen Professional? There must be a price point where you get diminishing returns in off-road capability and move out of the practical territory.

Pic related.

Overpriced mama-panzer. Get a Suzuki Jimny, if you need a small, boxy offroad vehicle. Samurai, if you're on a budget and Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Pajero, if 5 doors are a requirment. Avoid Lada "rustbucket" Niva.

>most of the European countries

Try the whole world.

>There must be a price point where you get diminishing returns in off-road capability and move out of the practical territory.

You got it right. You need to mod them heavily to be better than G-wagen. Most Jeep owners don't do it.

>G-wagen Professional

If you can afford, then go ahead.

>Daimler claims G-wagen Professional will outperform the other G-wagen models and others off the road except 6x6 and 4×42.

I legitimately want one of them in farm-tier trim level.

I like it when you see a load of cars that are always mall crawler tier and you see them in farmhand trim

That strip of grass is smoother than all the roads in my country.

You drive that fast in any vehicle and you will bend a wheel because you can't dodge all the potholes at those speeds.

Except that we get most of the world's pickups officially and can import the rest of them privately if we want. I can go out and buy a Hilux or an F150, Americans can't.

>farm-tier trim level
you can get a military-tier trim level Wolf for under 10k€

Want

You can literally buy two land cruisers for the same price.

Yeah but here in the US I'm likely better off buying something else instead of... importing, I guess.

1990 Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen Wolf 4x4 G-Wagon
youtube.com/watch?v=ig43RnmUGBo

You mean glendalewagen

Volkswagen in Glendale California?
newcenturyvw.com/contact-new-century-volkswagen-in-glendale-ca

Every other car in glendale is a g-class driven by some persian

>Every other car in glendale is a g-class driven by some persian

Gelandewagen parts theft, @2:47
youtube.com/watch?v=rQaYPopt3rk

geländewagen you pleb