/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-

The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
-SigHax and boot9strap introduce a full arm9loaderhax replacement. The guide has been updated and no longer requires a 2.1 downgrade.
-Future Luma releases will only support b9s. For future support a9lh users can can easily switch to b9s. 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
-NTR 3.5 update adds firmware 11.4 support, including N3DS video streaming.
-A new developer took over freeShop. gbatemp.net/threads/468436/

>Vita
-3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
-Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/derrekr6/status/865894278899404800
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
3ds.guide/move-emunand
3ds.guide/donations
pastebin.com/C0DhPUGB
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170520
github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases/tag/v1.50
github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what does bs9 mean
Is it gonna give us more customization
Or is it just a new al9h

twitter.com/derrekr6/status/865894278899404800

possible boot1hax release for wii u

Xth for why the fuck is this a thing and why should i care.

Are you guys gonna pull off an enuNAND again like past year?

So they just sat on that all this time while kids were bricking their Wii Us. Real classy.

just a new a9lh

no 2.1 downgrade.

I actually hate you /hbg/.

Followed boot9strap guide and started up Luma Updater after finishing, getting a message saying "Configuration file loaded successfully. Unknown or wrong config value: 'a9hl' for 'payload type'". Did I mess up somewhere along the way?

BullShit9 alternatively B9S as in bull nine shitI mean boot9strap
It's A9LH but earlier into the boot cycle. A bit faster on boot, unpatchable by Nintendo and much faster to set up than A9LH ever was.

I don't. i love you.

Luma is garbage.

They wanted the kids to buy a Switch for Zelda.

Asked this in the old thread since i don't understand why i should update to boot9strap:

I updated a N3DS in December 2016 from 11.3 to that CFW with the 3ds.guide.
I can still download and play games using Freeshop/CIA Boop.
Do i really need to update or can i just not give a fuck and continue playing old 3DS games?

It's just the final frontier of loading cfw. Everything's going to the superior .firm model of loading, so eventually something will get outdated enough for you to want the latest version. It's not like switching is hard and it's even proven surprisingly brick free, almost as if a bunch of the devs planned this well.

Is Nintendo ever even going to update the Wii U firmware again? I figured if they were going to, it would have been with BotW, but they didn't.

just update it takes 5 minutes

You can, but god knows that the fuck are they gonna pull off of their asses next updates.

There's a new version of Luma Updater. By the way the test build site for hourly/nightly/whatever releases may still be broken.

github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases

With the way these putrid Nintendo scenes work I don't even doubt it.

nah never, I still have update blocker on though

I bet they fired all the wii u devs

Why should i update a running system?

get the fuck out of my general.

I wouldn't bother with this unless nintendo releases a new system update that fucks up the current Luma release that works with a9lh.

There's objectively no point to update if this isn't the case.

more future-proofed

What can bootrom even do
I remember some saying it would allow for full customization such as alternate homebrew home menus, do you think we'll see something like that? At the least a knock off that doesn't have 300 limit?

Make me, you cutie pie.

3dEsEyeEs__

That shit's been possible since the very first CFW back in 2014. Don't believe retards. No one wants to do it is all.

switch hack when

You can do what you want. There's nothing wrong with sticking to A9LH for now.

Nintendo could potentially release a 11.5 that blocks the current version of Luma, so you'd need to get B9S for the new Luma before updating your firmware.

So here's a thought, with B9S is it now possible for Freeshop to automatically upload title keys to the title key site?

3-4 years

They did mention this seriously automates titlekey handling in some way.

I can't seem to get a proper answer for this. I was on Rxtools in the past and then switched to Luma, but I never once tried to get into a9lh. With only just Luma, do I need to follow this guide 3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
Or do I need to follow the Homebrew Soundhax guide?

Maybe

oh cool, because if that was an option turned on by default we could get the casuals to support the site instead of just leeching it.

so the guide's version is broken? that explains things

do the whole guide

also this 3ds.guide/move-emunand when you reach Finalizing Setup: Section III - Updating the System

Well it came out several hours after the fact. Little things like this are why I like giving everything a week to settle down personally.

>Posting plaicuck

>177349760
okay.

Guys, i've been following the guide but
>Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> luma -> payloads
>Press (X) on SafeB9SInstaller.bin to delete it
I don't have this file there. Is it okay?

Wheres a reliable place to get vWii forwarders?

>manually typing post numbers

Does this mean it will be possible to use homebrew offline on Wii U while not needing to pay?

>For future support a9lh users can can easily switch to b9s

Anything I should look out for as to not fuck up? Should I update Luma before starting this? I haven't touched my 3ds since Pokemon S/M.

>letting drama ruin your 3ds hacking

I didn't, I copied over 3ds.guide/donations

Don't worry and just follow the guide.

>change from a9lh to b9s
>dont feel any more powerful

Ive been scammed

>using cucked guides when uncucked guides exist right in the op
Fuck off Plaifag.

t. Someone who never used GodMode9

I'm indifferent about dramafags, you removing any references to him doesn't make the guide any better or worse

Scammed into more safety, stability and capability.
wowie
( Y o u )

>using anything besides decrypt9wip

>use GM9 on a9lh
>now ise GM9 on b9s
Wow is fucking nothing new.
>inb4 we all fell for the meme if the century and gets us fucked by updated to the next firm of nintendi

I just used Godmode9 to dump one of my games and convert it into CIA in two steps. That was kind of neat.

>Letting some cunt get away with all of their bullshit bc he made you a guide on how to have free vidya.

really dude?

Did you support Plailect on his quest to make Custom Firmware Guides yet?

From d0k3 himself: pastebin.com/C0DhPUGB

Stupid normie here that >hasn't upgraded sd card yet
What type of sd cards should I buy?

being a superior hack aside, is there anything we can do with b9s that wasn't possible with a9lh?

you do realize the other guide is just a mirror right and is written by Plailect

dump bootroms

He doesn't get any money from ads he put.

Has anyone else managed to download the Echos DLC from the title key site lately for US copies? I'm getting a 404 from the html server.

As long as i don't acknowledge him or donate to him, how does me using his guide profit him in any way?

But it doesn't support him, or have his ads/begging.
Comes with free marketing as "an underage redditor" though.

d0k3 just updated D9 to support B9S, I think he updated his whole suite of tools

>a9lh
haha lol

Can you hack your 3ds now with version 11.4?

>You may have noticed the lack of love for Decrypt9WIP during the last few month. Reason is, you should really be using GodMode9 by now.

And he completely abandoned good old EmuNAND9.

Ads gan give you money, not a lot but you get shekels.
is this the new cakes?

It means you don't need to downgrade or get otp, etc
You can just straight up install it if you have a arm9 exploit/hardmod/DS flashcard.

more important is that we have all the keys from the bootrom, so you can just put your sd card in your computer and backup/edit saves.
it also should mean that citra will be able to run .CIAs directly. and probably a bunch more

>newfags didn't see all the drama garbage that was in the guide until recently
fuck off

>not using adblock

Are there even any ads on the guide?

GM9 doesnt do anything for localseed_B or whatever to unban the console. d9 does.

Not true, you're just basing that on some outdated steps.

I seriously hate the staple of Veeky Forums culture "ignore those who harm you to death or it's your fault"

Welp. just updated from rxtools to bootstrap. It went pretty well and fast.
A9lh faggots with multiply downgrades should end themselves.

I'm not checking the guide to confirm, but there were. Alongside begging fpr Patronbux on his Patreon. Free guide everyone.
We should never have switched off pastebins, now people don't read.

There are, and there are people who don't block them as well.

it 404's on the unreleased DLC

doesn't that just make you a leech, for using his guide without giving proper credit?

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170520

github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases/tag/v1.50

>linking me to where I copied that text from

???

You linked to the wrong one. The new Luma Updater is a fork of Hamcha's.

github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases

>doesn't that just make you a leech, for using his guide without giving proper credit?
I guess all forks are leeching, and making a mirror with no actual way to make personal profit is degeneracy.

Whoops. Thanks, I don't use these as I'm not quite that much of a pleb.

Then please explain me how i can dump the localseed and inject? Because ive check GM9 and didnt found anything in relation to that.

>delete what's not there
wish people could grow a fucking brain

yeah man you gotta provide a source for peeps in the thread

forks give credit it's in the GNU

>decide to try to run Luma Updater for first time
>cannot update, download failed

am I doing something wrong?

Why would I want to encourage anyone to use outdated shit d0k3 has barely updated in 6 months. It's pretty much been replaced.

>© an underage redditor

>the reddit drama spills over into this github

Remove.

vitamin user here that did the vita hack back when it first leaked. is there any reason not to use vitamin and switch over to mai?

because the instructions on the title key site haven't been updated to state G9

are you disregarding the GNU?

How do I unban my 3DS without a second 3DS after having been banned for going on Wonder Trade with the leaked Sun/Moon? Is there seriously not a means of doing so this far out?

Because I lost all interest in my 3DS when that happened.

Nintendo might as well have bricked it and as retarded as it was of me to do what I did after 20 odd years of piracy I'll never buy another Nintendo game in my life.

The titlekey site is often out of date. Thanks to yesterday's hacks, there's actually a lot that could be updated about how he runs that operation. Someone should fork it if he doesn't get up to speed.

Oh right, cool. Hopefully the installed works fine, I've not checked.

he did get up to speed, check the last thread he automated it like was suggested to him.

and what can we do with the bootroms?