/eog/ - EVE Online General

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Previous thread:

Because the fit is total garbage

>post any fit ever
>ITS GARBAGE

Remember if you join Horde you're too stupid to live

Here's to the rookie ship, the free vessel.

What would you join?

That's why it's posted.

Reminder to report All-Out spammers (they've had posts removed before) and not get tricked into joining their shit corp as a newb.

Anything but horde, even BNI or the goons

>p-pls join my nullsec 25% tax sweatshop instead

Hard Knocks t b h

>brave
>joining anything under reddit control

>nothing like that was mentioned in the post

what did xie mean by this??

Only a butthurt nullcuck who doesn't know the pleasure of wormhole life could hate on a corp that makes wormhole space accessible to newbies and alphas.

Moosearmy best army

I live in a C4
I just dislike spam

WHs are inherently not accessible for newbs and alphas.

WHs have complicated mechanics, yes, but the entirety of EVE is complicated anyway.

WHs are the best money alphas can make with their skill limitations.

post your EVE meemes

>complicated mechanics

you mean retarded mechanics

>complicated
Oh, so you are retarded.

t. brainlet

WH is the best space for money-making for anyone

being unable to see how shit and dumb a game mechanic is doesn't mean you're smart

except newbs and alphas

>WH space
>complicated

Name one dumb WH mechanic.

You're just a brainlet. All alphas need to do is group up, and they can make money that's 10 times better than what they can get in hisec.

Without needing to owe SOV, without needing omega help.

All you need is probes and 3-5 gnosis pilots.

>and then they get fucked by a t3 fleet

>Name one dumb WH mechanic.

Letting one Alliance have an uncontestable monopoly because they have 100+ capitals in each of their primary holes

That's not a mechanic.

Also, I have not been dropped by HK even once.

rolling/critting wormholes, allowing wormhole residents a massive advantage over normal space people. non-wormhole people cannot fuck with wormhole people much at all

everything being about mass - ship mass isn't balanced enough for it to be this important. battleships aren't better enough to cost 10x mass over cruisers

the entire area just being muh cloaks muh scout alts. it's retarded

Can somebody post Combat Recons for explorer frigates.

>rolling
>bad
kill yourself

It's not good for that

Then what are they good for?

..And what is, a Stratios?

>stratios
>recon

Scanner + Sabre

>rolling
Good mechanic. You can prevent rolling quite easily.
>non-wormhole people cannot fuck with wormhole people much at all
Time to git gud.
>ship mass isn't balanced
No issue there, fly better ships for the job.
>battleships aren't better enough to cost 10x mass over cruisers
Sounds like you are very poor.
>muh cloaks muh scout alts
Newfag detected.

>No issue there
You are literally forced to fly t3 memes because a BS group will just smash their own way home.
>Sounds like you are very poor.
Lrn2read

not caring about cost-effectiveness is a great way to remain poor, user

Learn to calculate mass. Various groups use capital/battleship comps successfully. If that's too difficult for you, there's no reason not to fly proper T3s as they're simply better than T2 stuff. Unless you're poor and have no idea what you're talking about, of course.

>You can prevent rolling quite easily.

if I'm in the system with a fleet yes. the rest of the time no

no, it's time for you to git gud

>fly better ships for the job

game mechanics cutting out a lot of ships is not a good thing

no, you're very stupid

>Newfag detected.

kill you'reself retard

the fact that nobody wants to live in wormhole space, it's fucking dead and it gets trashed by people blue donutting should tell you that the game mechanics are trash

Would the Sabre still be go-to without a scanning alt?

..Or a T3D?

>wormhole ships are too expensive for me
>I have no idea how to play the game
>dumb mechanics suck dick neck urself

PS it seems like Sabre, T3D, or CovOps faction.

They're good for various skirmishy fights. They're however, expensive, and kinda low-dps/low utility. Not the comfiest for catching explorers.

Explorers are best caught by warping a bubbler on them/sitting cloaked in the site with one.

You can use various combat fit asteros, strats, rocket bombers and other memes. You can also go for total retards and not even use cloaky staff (just combat probing them in a t3d).

You can use a curse or lachesis or such but I feel like you'll die to bait before you get your money's worth, without catching a lot of targets.

the fact that nobody wants to live in wormhole space, it's fucking dead and it gets trashed by people blue donutting should tell you that the game mechanics are trash

you can circlejerk about how rich you are if you like, it changes nothing

Can you scream I'M A BUTTHURT NULLSEC SHITTER any harder? Whiniest carebear post I've read in my life. I'm gonna screenshot it.

>waah why can't my standing fleet rescue me int this wormhole

>the fact that nobody wants to live in wormhole space

Nearly every system I encounter is inhabited. You're a retard.

how do ancilary shields/cap boosters even work?

Can you load more than one cap 25 up to the capacity limit or does it need to reload every single time?

good try, but I'm not a ratter, I don't like in nullsec, and I'm not a shitter. maybe you should kill yourself

>Nearly every system I encounter is inhabited

95% of wh space connected to lowsec is empty

>uhh ur null!!1!

The overall decrease in activity has nothing to do with the retarded newfag reasons you listed. Blue donuting is a meme you heard on Reddit.

go on then, tell me why activity is down if wormhole space is so well designed and not autistic

more like your post is a meme I heard on reddit

>wh donut is a meme
Stop lying

>fozzie drifter mechanics
>capital changes
>citadels
There. Now fuck off back to Rebbit.

You won't encounter the big spoopy donut unless you piss off HKLZHX enough to make them evict you. Regular skirmishes are between two corps, rarely with a third party.

>I don't like in nullsec

What are you lel, a hisec babby?

>95% of wh space connected to lowsec is empty

That's because it's lowsec that's dead, so people aren't pouring in en masse like with hisec holes. Nullsec people use wormhole space for logistics. Hisec people dive in to get profits. Lowseccucks have no reasons to go there.

Also, WH systems with lowsec connections are usually not very lucrative. You're probably just looking at bottom-of-the-barrel C1-C2s.

I'm at least giving you the benefit of doubt and not accusing you of being a hisec incursion shitter or such.

>tell me why activity is down if wormhole space is so well designed

Because it favors small groups and not mindless solo grinding/mindless 100+ man f1 monkey blobs.

why would game improvements make wormhole space worse if wormhole space isn't retarded?

>improvements

>What are you lel, a hisec babby?

no. what relevance does where I live have to this discussion?

>That's because it's lowsec that's dead

half of lowsec is pretty busy

>Lowseccucks have no reasons to go there

I wormhole all the time m8. it's a great way to get to pvp space quickly (that means nullsec btw, wormholes are not pvp space)

>you arent allowed to pvp in wormholes stop having fun in space i dont like

I never said you aren't allowed to try. I'm just saying it's dead as fuck, it's shit, and its mechanics do not cause fun to happen. by all means kill those herons

Help.

I wasn't talking about popping ships that don't shoot back.

>Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I

>Hobgoblin II
>Hornet EC-300

>game improvements
As I said, you're a newfag who haven't lived in wormholes prior to the changes.
>pos sieges to retarded citadel timers
>balanced risk-reward pve to drifter grinding
>capitals as force multipliers to broken dreads and overpowered triage

Return to reddit where nobody expects you to see any correlation between shitty changes and people moving out of wormhole space.

>Astero
>Shield Extender

>small shield extender

why would I live in wormholes? they're autistic as fuck

>balanced risk-reward pve
>wormholes

are you having a laugh mate?

>I wormhole all the time m8

You just pass through them. You don't bait, you don't evict, you don't get 2 bil marauders attacking your PVE ships and dying.

passing through them is all they're good for

Have a gander at killboards and see how many escalation crews per day got dumpstered before ccp removed watchlists and api tracking for wh space.

the amount of effort other wh autists put into killing you doesn't make the pve balanced

>people don't use WH anymore because they can't API cheat to find gank targets
Please tell me I misunderstood.

>muh watchlists

>I'm a lowsec casual
>let's talk about something I know nothing about
>you're all autistic lmao
Nice arguments, my man.

t. man whose PVP higlight is catching a VNI who went AFK

so far your arguments have been "you are wrong because you don't live in wormhole space"

Yeah, but what if I find another Astero? The armor rep has nodmg and the shield ship has a scram instead of that 1point.. but also no rep.

>artifically difficult drifter memepve
>balanced

No you're wrong because your points are demonstrably bullshit, your inability to argue your point effectively is caused by the wormhole experience you lack.

you'll both cloak up and run away from each other

Your only argument was ur poor.

They have to extend content somehow.

Just speedtank a frigate and you'll be fine.

What's your argument? I stated before that wormholes are T H E B E S T place for alphas to make money.

They're also a good place for small-medium gang PVP. Slower than k-space, but it has different tactics and preferred by a bunch of PVP groups.

I guess it wouldn't have a point unless it's bait.

>CCP starst giving "faction" status to the most successful alliances
>allows RP between alliance leadership and NPCs for alliances and trade agreements
>CONCORD starts a rent-a-cop service for certain player-owned systems if the alliance that owns it meets certain requirements
how does the game change?

Big alliances get harder to root out?

>>>/wowg/

if my points are demonstrably bullshit, how about you demonstrate that they're bullshit

Poor and unable to understand mechanics that worked fine for years and facilitated a lot content in the form of fights and sieges, up to a certain point.

Your bright ideas were the following:
>rolling is dumb
>wormholers have advantage
>ship mass is imbalanced
>scout alts and cloaks are bad

>it works for special snowflake bluedonut so its balanced

It worked for plenty of small groups which is why wormhole space was well inhabited and active. You are either new or haven't paid attention in the past few years.

>wormhole space
>well inhabited
>active

when

2011-2015

when you could use external tools to help you find and eat exploration herons.

>what are capital escalations

they've been nerfed. didn't you hear?

>Medium Shield Extender II
>Small Ancillary Shield Booster
>on the same fit