/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #496

''Season 2 HYPE!'' Edition

Previous Thread: >A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment:
youtube.com/watch?v=YoVni44YBtE
''...we've been working, since the release of the box version last year, on a new Life is Strange game, with the Life is Strange team.''

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/12904674
strawpoll.me/12904678

>Questions:
Are you excited for Season 2?
What do you want to see in Season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
doggydaycare.arcadia-bay.com
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE MADE IT, /lisg/!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Hooray!

REJOICE

Max is #1

HELLA HYPED

Alice is excited!

Alles für Chloe

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

I made a Frank Bowers dog daycare website.
doggydaycare.arcadia-bay.com

>Mychel commenting that New Vegas is better than Fallout 3

Oh man, dat ending on 3 tho. Shit should have been right up his alley.
>"This is the chance to prove whether you really are an hero or not! Sacrifice urself or be a coward and send Lyons in to die!"
>"W-wait, what about the guy whose immune to radiation. Can't we just-"
>"NO THIS IS UR DESTINY, CHOOSE!"

Does he do rabbits?

Nice!

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>nobody answered the questions

oh ok

Oh! You should make them more prominent, I didn't see them

I didn't know there was a general for this game. So I'm gonna drop and just say that I hope the new game they're working on doesn't have any of the characters from the first season in it.

I loved LiS and thought it was one of the most interesting games out there, but a continuation of it would almost certainly end in dissapointment for a lot of fans. LiS ended pretty perfectly, and I hope their new game/season 2 is a whole new setting with new characters.

My two cents. What do you guys think?

Fluffiest pricefield fic NOW
also the bloodiest (Evil Max)
can be AU

>LiS ended pretty perfectly

As much as i want to see the gang again, i agree its probably for the best they go for a new cast. I trust them to create another set of well written characters i can connect with.

I choose the kill Chloe route so the ending was pretty satisfying to me.

>the most ilogical ending
>satisfying

>implying the emotional connections aren't the main emphasis of the game

S A T I S F Y I N G

GET. OUT. NOW. BEFORE YOU GET JUMPED!

Logically speaking, under the principles of "consent", and "love", homosexuality should be accepted, just as incest should be.

1. Both are natural.
2. Both are between consenting adults.
3. Both are resulting in no genetic fertility.

Gay marriage should be legalized, and by that logic, so should incestuous marriage.

Chloe, and Max could have been related, and it would be fine.

>I hope their new game/season 2 is a whole new setting with new characters.
Me too. Their story is finished, and it's a great story.

Time for new things. I don't care if the second season isn't going to be like the first. The first is enough for me. A second season that even only comes close to the first would just be a bonus.

Obviously if they go with new cast, they can't use time travel again. Reading minds is the most common power I seen suggested. I'm just afraid that the overall message of the second season will just be "DONT USE YOUR POWERS BAD STUFF HAPPENS!"

They may not even go with the "power" theme, and focus on a non-supernatural threat in a different universe. The supernatural theme is there as a metaphor to advance the relationship, so the extracted formula from that could be two people overcoming a larger obstacle, with variables.

"Life is Strange" is a title suggesting strange co-incidence, themes of uncanny determinism, or empathy.

I'm not gonna even touch S2 if they don't bring back Max and Chloe.

Their wedding should take place at the lighthouse

Get out of here you degenerate.

SEASON 2 PREDICTIONS

>Setting
>Main character
>Soundtrack
>Theme
>Power(s)

GO.

You're the degenerate by your pro-homosexual stance.

They're going to Portland!

jefferson is a manlet

life is short.png

is the power gonna be rewind again?
we learn from both endings that you shouldn't use your power or bad things will happen

What kind of nicknames would they have for each other?

it shouldn't be. i** wouldn't mind if it is because i do like time travel mechanic but it wouldn't make much sense and plus as you said, we already know the lesson regarding it.

Oh, remember the old theories we used to have when we at episode 3 or so? There was one about Jefferson being the bad guy (Which came true, of course.) having powers, but he controlled space, and the "Dark Room" was actually some kind of pocket dimension.

Vicky and Kitty

Protag is 100% gonna be a cute gay boy.

did i make the right choice lads?

Yup!

i felt like i've killed her a thousand times already i couldn't bring meself to kill her any more ;_;

nini lisg

Good night user.

yes

Yes you did, my dude

/tv/ is full of katefags

Excellent taste.

You really do make some awesome stuff, Joshi.
Little things like that makes the game and its world feel so much realer.
I could see other characters having sites for their own businesses and skills.

>Pick your pupper
I pick the little black n' tan one on the left under his leg.

I always thought that as well.
Chloe proposes while they're in Paris, they get married at the lighthouse (Image only partially related), and then maybe they go to NYC for their honeymoon.

I love that fan art. Any more wedding fanart?

HOORAY GUYS WE WIN WE SURVIVED UNTIL SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT GOOD SHIT BTW Chasefield number 1

Good job :) that's what I chose Bae>Bay all day

I have only seen a few.

Life is Strange: Innocent Sin
Life is Strange: Eternal Punishment

I knew Jefferson was going to be the villain because of the leaks.

cutes in suits!

Yuriandtea's original post with this image had a mentioned they were married in it so I'm counting it.

"Holy shit, dude! The Samurai Jack finale is starting soon! I'm hella hyped!"

"I know, I hope it ends well. Things were looking bad last time but I know better than anyone things are not always as hopeless as they look"

"True dat, Samurai Max."

EXTRA THICK

Thank you

No prob. Got one more.
There's probably others but that's all I have saved.

>That ending
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
That was so goddam fucking cliche and pointless

Not sure if I can trust DONTNOD after the mess that episode 5 was...

Pricefield is for literal subhumans. Chasefield is for people who are ahead of their time.

Pricefield is amazing and that is fact

If you are a babby, then yeah.

One day I will root for a couple in a series and see them having a happy ending...
I still want to believe the universe would find a way for Ashi to exist and get back to Jack.

finally!!!!!!!

>Chasefield

Nice crackship

I could say a lot of mean things about Victoria, but I won't.

Goodnight :3

To you too.

>he didn't turn off the game in disgust when the final choices were presented

but at least you followed Max's true feelings so, I can forgive you

'night

Sleep tight, user.

At least after Max saves Chloe and they leave Arcadia Bay she could form a plan and use one of her photos to go back and get a much better ending.
It's really the only realistic thing Max would do. Go to a point earlier in the week after she saved Chloe, write down a note with all the info about the Dark Room, Rachel, and the storm, and leave it for herself and Chloe to follow.
But that is only possible if Chloe lives and the week happens as Max knows it.

I need to go to sleep now as well. Lots of stuff to do in the morning.
Stay comfy, /lisg/

If everyone's sleeping then who will keep the thread bumped?

Passing through while I work on finishing P5. Y'all stay strong and hold out for the sequel

Wowsers Chloe sure is cute.

Wheelchairbound chloe was cute and she seemed happy-ish even if she did have a deathwish, game should have ended right there for me, after I killed her. It would have been a nice ending.

No. There were many unexplored angles from Season One: The Blood Oath, Prescott Storm Summoning, Samuel, David+Nathan and the origin of Max's powers.

Same, but I wasn't satisfied. Chloe deserved a better ending. Third option for me.

Telepathy is the most common power you've suggested. That or talking to ghosts.

Continuing with time travel, telekinesis, shape-shifting or teleportation are viable options.

>strange co-incidence
In the sense that Chloe's estranged best friend happened to be the one to witness her murder, yes.

>uncanny determinism
In the sense that Chloe continued dying over and over again, yes.

>empathy
Don't get me started on, yes.

Only the bathroom would be a more triggering location.

Especially if you die at 19

That would've been so fucking cool. I figured that was what the nightmare sequence was, especially with Max being forced to say she was glad Chloe died or the other out of character options.

I picked up on it when he said Kate might be protesting too much and the cell phone conversation.

Nice.

Me.

author is kiwirabbit and it's from tumblr right?
but what's the page can't find anything