Nioh General

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Previous -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHv85hTE9RY
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/523/1523637/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it possible to make a tanky critical build?

due to how set bonuses work, Im not so sure

reposting
>kodama bowl at max familiarity + amrita
earned from people
>amrita earned from people on as many armor pieces you can afford to roll it on
>amrita earned from people on your bow
>amrita earned from people+amrita earned while under living weapon on both accessories if possible
>25% amrita earned kodama blessing
>15% more amrita earned from prestige bonuses
>mizuchi/suzaku as primary spirit and saoirse as secondary
>saisetus sake

get all or most of that and congrats youll be earning around 180 amrita per marobashi mission done on demon mode

Guys I'm really going insane here, why is no one talking about Fami Damage AA- here, I got it from spider man on a Kusa.

180 million* my bad

its too rare to give a shit about it

because most people already know about AA existing for all CtA now and damage bonus stats

I got a AA onmyo damage bonus 1kat last week and just made a shiranui with CtA dex AA

Fami? whats that?

he's talking about familiarity damage bonus

What's the little star thing next to some special effects, not the hexagon, it's a little green star.

I don't know about green, but if you're talking about what I think you're talking about

it means it's a rare roll that you can only find on gear you've picked up or find by forging a weapon yourself

you can't reforge to get it

can i get an odachi from a revenant without buying the dlc? if yes someone pls make a new char and drop it at the beginning of the game for me pls

This is rare? Seems weird for an hammer to have this.

Wouldn't that become AA+ with max familiarity? You got a dex hammer now, bruh.

it would go to AA

it's not very good though, since it only has 4 effects

yes, it's rare

Anyone make a pirate armor build?

nah

if you want a farming set, the new DLC added on that gives luck

Holy shit Kappas have a grab move? Not the red ones a normal one just did a grab animation but I didn't get hit by it.

they do that weird jap butt poke

They steal your soul out of your ass

A revenant just used a move that gave him perma hyper armor, what skill is that?

spamming mid stance quick attack with dual kat

How does weaken armor work on yokai? Does it proc at all? Does each effect reside damage by different amounts?

>weaken armor work on yokai

it doesnt

Is it? Looks like some sort of activation buff or something.

it feels good to win with a waifu

i dunno, but every 2kat revenent i fight spams that fucking attack and i can't do anything to stop it

So Bonus of Absorb Amrita auto absorbs amrita? I see nothing else that's aborsbing amrita on my stat list and no extraction talisman, that's pretty neat, I have Bonus Defense now I want to get all of them and stack shit up.

Where's a good place to look for axes in WotD? I almost never come across graves with them.

just go beat up the axe master guy until he drops the smithing text

How do crit builds work? You are left with so little health how do you survive?

suzaku

Is there Trading in this game.

only on gear 150 below

Can you give/receive free shit to/as newfags

just started playing. when re-doing missions to get missed kodama spirits do you have to actually beat the mission for it to count or can i quit once i found the spirit i missed?

no

it's pointless to do until NG+

How is this thread slower than /bbg/, this game is practically brand new.

Did the DLC add anything worth coming back to the game for

but its much less popular

odachi is fun and what I wanted from the original game so I managed to finish WoTS and WOTD with it

I don't understand it either, considering how amazing the combat is

new weapon type?

yes
they want something to autistic about that isnt gameplay

Can you only get it in the DLC, or is it just added to the base game loot table

guys pls.

it'll be added in the loot table if you have t dlc

Might try and get it, then. Are there any new enemy types

Assuming you own the DLC its added to the base game loot table and its also a choice for your starting weapon on isle of demons

3 bosses 2 new normal enemies, one moddified enemy that show up in the new difficulty mode

and one elemental reskin

Good enough I guess.

Just beat the mission faggot. Git gud

BB has much more interesting lore, world and story worth discussing with incredible art. Nioh is all based on real life events, characters and locations so nobody cares. We already know Hanzo is going to die in the next dlc because history.

Also character creator extends replayability by a lot.

>the primary reason people still play souls is for the story

Bloodborne isnt souls.

Have you visited /bbg/ a lot? It is mainly waifufaggotry, covenant banter and posting the same minmaxed builds over and over.
The only actual discussion there is related to chalice dungeons and gem grinding.

Is it better to Sell, Make Offering, or Disassemble weapons/equipment

Disassemble. Offering if you need elixirs.

but its "story" is just as shit as the rest of them and is in no way a reason anyone sticks around to play it

they play it for the gameplay

Bloodborne has a pvp that is actually playable.

Sell and Disassemble are both alright options. I generally say Disassemble since you can always sell the upgrade material if you run short on gold.
Never Make Offering, Amrita is never really a huge problem, but your gold is going to run empty many a times once you start wanting to optimize your gear.

Bloodborne has the worst fucking pvp in the whole fucking soulsborne series.
Both in terms of accessibility and the combat.

Blooborne's pvp has been dead for a very long time because the bells are terrible for it.

no one plays bloodborne for the pvp either

youtube.com/watch?v=9b2hHtRphog

How the fuck is he so good.

>finish every mission on wotd
>still 10% left for the trophy/gameplay record

Probably Twilight missions or Dojo missions.

rest in every hot spring

So whats everyone's favorite weapon skins?
>Sword = Taisharyu Wooden Sword
>Dual Sword = Futatsu-mei Norimune & Hone-bami Toshiro or the Onmyo swords
>Spear = Hihiragi or Nioh's
>Axe = Haja the Evil Crusher
>Kusarigama = Fuma
>Odachi = Rai

mfw still no stage select on pvp

Does that method for farming Yasukani Magatamas on the Trial of the Master mission in Way of the Strong still work?

ded general

The game lacks replay value. Not having custom character creation and a reason to stay at lower levels really hurts it on that front. Mission based instead of open world doesn't help either.

so basically RESPEC killed it? are you stupid

i just saw in the other thread that there's a pause button. which one is it?

touchpad then options

Yes.

The ded thread speaks for itself.

z

Is that not in the game?

its the veteran set

anyone know the best way for farming as many charms as humanly fast as possible?

I don't need a yasakani, I'm just looking for an accessory that has certain rolls I really need

How HIGH does skill damage goes? I know it goes beyond 20% since I've found a 20.1% one time.

i think that's a bug

mid guard ki reduction goes up to 20.3ish but I don't think it's supposed to either

>mfw weaken melee weapons
I never should've doubted you guys

How do I get a good weapon? I'm level 131 and I feel like I do no damage with my Odachi.

farm a bunch of divines and savescum one

How do I savescum? Do I try and forge a green or do I just reroll something over and over again until I make a god weapon?

is it possible to do a luck build on nioh,
i mean like dealing damage with higher luck as in souls games

>try to pvp
>every fucker I connect to just spams shuriken for 3k damage each
woooowwwwwwww
holy shit

>BONUS FOR ABSORBING ARMITA (BOOST ARMTIA GAUGE)

wtf!?!
what does this do?
is it better than ARMITA EARNED 5.9%

it increases the rate at which your living weapon gauge fills up I think
amrita earned 5.9% is just increasing the amount of amrita you receive from enemies and loot

>BOOST ARMTIA GAUGE
You LW gauge fills faster.

>is it better than ARMITA EARNED 5.9%
They do completely different things. Amrita earned doesn't influence LW gauge and gauge rate doesn't influence the amount of amrita you earn.

i see so thats why i can spam the spider more than usual

I need a little help concerning inheritable stats, because I just forged a Kamui with inheritable close quarters damage. It's only got six stats and I'm thinking I can get even better. Does the weapon I use as a material transfer its inheritable effect onto the weapon I'm soul matching or is it the other way around?

It is but the version we get in the game is burnt and scratched to fuck. Looks like you just pulled it off a burnt corpse.

Post build pls

youtube.com/watch?v=YHv85hTE9RY
It's at the end of the video. The spear is there for fun, you can equip Nami-oyogi instead for the 30% damage bonus (enemy electrified).

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/523/1523637/

big o'l interview

we are gettin more pvp adjustments in the future

How do inherited abilities work?

I thought you needed full familiarity with both weapons before soul matching, and then you get a random trait from the lost weapon.

Is that not how it works?

I think I need an explanation of how to get better gear in the post-game....the level 150 divine weapons they give are nice, but I can't beat that mission (Restless Graves) for the divine class armor for the life of me.

did you not get the []>[] icon which is the inheritable trait