Where do you buy oil and filters from...

Where do you buy oil and filters from? I have amazon prime so I usually get everything from there but I'm not sure if the prices are better at local auto stores.

Walmart. Same prices or a bit cheaper comparing to amazon, but I don't wait for shipping

My local mechanic charges $7.50 a quart for Amsoil full synthetic, and after installation it's usually about 90 bucks, including a new filter. Pretty good deal considering ordering Amsoil online is like $13 a quart. My truck takes 7.3 quarts.

walmart or i check to see if any of the auto parts stores are having a sale when i drive by them

Why not do it yourself? It's super cheap to do it on your own.

costco when there's a sale. usually that makes six quarts of mobil 1 fulls synthetic $26.

Got a 5 quart bottle on Amazon for 11 dollars.

I lucked out and bought a drum of Mobil 1 5-30 full synthetic for the sweet deal of ten fucking dollars a few years ago.

Walmart is the cheapest for oil. Any auto store marks it up insanely.

Any "deal" you get with a filter is still more expensive than buying the oil at walmart, and then buying your own filter anywhere.

For reference I work at an auto parts store. I buy my oil at walmart and pick up whatever filter I prefer at work with my discount. Total for oil change is usually around $17. Done by me, done right.

I'm pretty sure they have like an expiration date

I work for an Exxon Mobil distributor.
The technical shelf life of most products is supposed to be 4 years. However general consensus that in a properly sealed container oil will not "go bad" or at least have a much longer life than 10 years.

Get pennzoil ultra (same as shell helix ultra) and a mann filter off amazon

Take it to pep boys and they change it for $20
>why don't you just change it yourself brah?
I live in an apartment and I'd rather not get yelled at by the furious romanian manager for spilling a drop of oil on the lot

Walmart homie, oil and filters are wicked cheap. I use conventional oil and a 5qt and filter was like $14-15 when I went last time.

From what I can see online, a quart of Amsoil is around 10-13 on Ebay. for 8 quarts its around 90 bucks (on average) why pay and wait for shipping, then have to install it myself when I can just drop it off at the mechanics for the same price, and get the same oil?

Walmart is great for oil. They have pretty much whatever you could want whether it is the cheapest combo or specific types you like. I pick up Mobil 1 0-40 and a motorcraft filter for like $25-30.

Have the owner of my local parts store order up the oil I want (Mobil1 0w40), and an OEM filter aswell.

I could probably get it cheaper by ordering online, but I like supporting local business, and I've known the guy for quite a few years now. He also gives me a 10-15% discount on pretty much anything I buy

Because they'll fuck up and not torque the drain plug

>Where do you buy oil and filters from?
Walmart.com and walmart stores. Free shipping from walmart.com to their stores, so you can pick up the items at the store on your next visit.

My local walmart storefront started carrying Pennzoil Platinum ULTRA 5 quart jugs again. It's $26 for a 5 quart jug but I got there too late. Everyone bought it all up. Mobil1 full synth 5qt is $22.98 there and quaker state full synth ultimate durability is $21. Makes no sense to buy the one quart bottles when the jugs are so much cheaper. I do save an empty one quart bottle and refill it to conveniently top off the oil though. By refilling one quart empties, I don't need to use a funnel when trying to top off oil from a 5qt jug.

>costco when there's a sale. usually that makes six quarts of mobil 1 fulls synthetic $26.
Everyday price of five quart jugs of all varieties of mobil1 full synthetic is $22.87 at my local walmart. Exceptions are the five quart jugs of Mobil1 Annual Protection (one year or 20K miles) at $39 and Mobil1 Extended Performance (15K miles) at $26.

Picture shows the original old price of Mobil1 Annual Protection at $50 when it first came out but the new regular everyday price is $39 at my local walmart store.

I have to order filters from amazon cause no one in Tucson sells purolators

>these sad poorfags don't even know that walmart literally demands than manufacturers of anything they make send them cheaper, shittier things so they can get a bigger markup

Yeah, but it's only been 3ish and I'm most of the way out.

Probably buy another one though, even if I pay full price.

Wait a whole drum, like 55 gal of fucking synthetic oil for 10 fuck damn dollars?

this is false and wrong

It's called a loss leader, and buying in massive massive bulk.

you realize Walmart runs of a 3% profit margin right?

>Where do you buy oil and filters from?
Helped someone change their oil filter last nite in the walmart parking lot. They had bottle jacks to raise the car up to get to the drain plug. There were no jack stands or spare tire used to block the car up. Only those two bottle jacks. After the filter was changed, I left because I didn't want to be around to be sued in case an accident happened.

The filter was on top because it was one of those cannister filters where you replace the filter cartridge and 3 gaskets. A learning experience for me too as it was the first time I saw one of those. And yes, the walmart security car drove right past us and left us alone.

Whats with the amsoil pyramid scheme sales method they got going?

Sell that shit at Walmart.

As prices go, was at Costco earlier today and their price for six quarts of Mobil1 5W20 was $36.xx while Walmart sells five quarts of Mobil1 5W20 for $22.xx In comparison, walmart's own SuperTech brand of full synth was $17.xx for 5 quarts.

Walmart.com does carry drums of oil. But you'll pay the regular price and not the loss leader price for it. It's scary how even oil wholesalers that sell 55 gallon drums of all sorts of lubricants cannot beat the walmart retail store price on those five quart jugs.

do you guys have any experience with Repsol oils?

I'm on my first car, nothing special, 2004 Ignis. I get it five litres of Shell Helix HX7 for $30 from my employer and the filter a Ryco for $15 from SCA. It uses four litres thereabouts so four of those jugs would do me for five oil changes. It's an old gokart though so I doubt I'll even have it around long enough to see that happen. It just hit 245k km today.

I get Gulf West 15w40 for like $3.78/l and filters are like $8 bucks

so it's like ~$40 bucks for a full oil change

> NZD, so like half a USD

At Bosch center, I let them do the regular maintenance and I don't give a fuck.

Oil, filter, AC filter, air filter and ecu diagnosis for max 200€

>tfw v8
>tfw your truck uses 6 quarts of oil so all these super cheap deals on 5 quart jugs are unavailable to me

Not worth buying two 5 quart jugs, having 4 left over and spending nearly $50 every oil change.

>iftf

The 4.6 in my Crown Vic has a capacity of 5.5 quarts. So I have to buy a 5 quart jug and a 1 quart too.

Seems high-priced just like Jiffy Lube.

>spending nearly $50 every oil change.
The local walmart tire and lube service centers have full synthetic oil and filter changes for $49.99. They allow substitutions for mostly the price difference if you ask for something non-standard. I usually request Fram Ultra oil filters as those have the metal mesh in between the pleats to prevent blowouts. It's not like I worry about sludge plugging the filter with the high oil pressure then blowing a hole in the filter. But it's a pretty fine 20 micron filter and my stop/start engine has oil pressure pulses.

Oil from amazon for my shitbox, can't find Castrol edge high mileage 10w40 anywhere else but advance, and fuck them.

Oil for my other car from Walmart because they have the best price on Castrol edge 5w30.

Filters from O'Reilly's because they have Wix XPs at a good price.