/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
mega.nz/#!MohT0TJZ!zN3Z37woG9rbVJmImC_R-wkuoBbK9JdZCNcbfKWL-zI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>b9s + CFW

We did it, reddit.

3dsiso

pls

Anyone know if it's safe to network data transfer for the files needed for luma update with arm9 and for the files needed to upgrade to b9

>arm9
>b9
Stop this.

Luma is garbage.
>don't ask me again
>we're dropping .bin support, get on our .firm cocks

I like the new dates on news. Lets you know when things happened without taking up too much space.

I was hoping you faggots would end this shit since "b9s" is even easier to remember, but no, of course you have to fuck it up.

Bullshit9 is garbage.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

why

>go to 3dsiso
I use reddit blog
>log in
Don't need to.
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
It just werms
>hope someone actually posted them
They did.
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
Looks full to me.
>find broken links
Works on my machine.
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
Get better wifi speeds Australian.
>put the .cias on the SD card
No different from the roms.
>install them through FBI
I use Big Black Men.
>finally get to play them
I've personally had nintendo consoles for years.
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
I have a real controller.
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
You have FBI by this point, it matters nothing.
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
Sounds like your problem.
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer
>making assumptions
Personally, I like using pillshax to play my dream game.
Because it's not actually called bullshit9.

>your 3DS on cakes
>it's a 2DS
holy moly!

>it gives you bluetooth
Sweet.

Is Luma made by a tranny?

>I use reddit

flowcharts

What the fuck is cakes

This guy might be annoying, but I have to admit that he's right.

I don't get this meme.

He takes a bunch of estrogen I think. Doesn't make him a tranny, it only keeps him in a perpetual transitioning state. He's not a woman, but he no longer enjoys the benefits of being a full man either.

Another CFW. Some people want to actually use good software instead of the stinking piece of shit Luma is.

N2ds has bluetooth support for somethinng, I forget.
Also cakes are sweet.

the creator identifies as an asexual lesbian transgender woman

What the fuck is it with trannies and programming? The granblue community also had a tranny as the best modder in the community.

and that's why they pick corbenik!

And why is cakes better than luma?

>cakes is on the right
>has no memes and no aurora shit
I'll take my cisbrick.

Isn't the new Fire Emblem out yet?

Freeshop hasn't updated in forever

bluetooth thing was randomly added to the OP one thread even though it's not a thing and there are no such reports so now it's like a meme i guess

I can't update Luma using the Updater. I've already installed boot9strap and the guide didn't say shit about the updater besides downloading the latest version

Use Kit-kat.

some guy is working on a new freeshop fork gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/

Yeah, I have that and I switched the url to the new title key site.

Am I fucked? The newest thing on Freeshop for me seems to be fucking Ninja Smasher, and that was in April. I changed the url for the titlekey, so what the fuck?

Didn't need constant revisions or extra features to work, and everyone could make cakes for it.
I remember Rei was using it's code or something while it was still open source, and cakes became dead closed source software for it. Rei didn't properly fork it or credit brickkid, and that pissed off brickboy. Though Aurora's fork became the standard/only choice later so it evens out.
>ctt girl
>not the switch dog

when the titlekey is uploaded to the site it doesn't mean its going to auto appear on freeshop owner has to do it and it only does every once and awhile just scan the qr off the titlekey site with FBI

you can always use that 3dsiso site for fire emblem

It's not there.

You have to go to the title key site itself and get it, eshop hasn't updated the keys for some reason

>Dog
Furries get out

It doesn't

jap and usa is there unless you want eu for some reason

ctt autists get out.

here's the qr code, scan it with fbi

>I remember Rei was using it's code or something while it was still open source, and cakes became dead closed source software for it. Rei didn't properly fork it or credit brickkid, and that pissed off brickboy.
I've never heard of this before. Are you making it up?

does anyone have that recommenced 3ds games list image, the really big one

Yeah

The OP does.

>3dsiso

Heard it here.
Unless cakes went closed source for some other reason.

>FBI can't install games in sleep mode

wooooooooow

thanks

Maybe they were just shitposting
can anyone confirm?

I bought fire emblem echoes. Will I be able to get the dlc off of freeshop? I couldn't for fates.

yes dlc needs to match the region of the game

That's what happens when you try to combine programming with gaming, both having a bunch of autistics individuals, the chance of finding those snowflakes just increase. You have even bigger chance of finding them on emulation scene.

I'm using the guide for installing B9 but I black screen at Safehax. The cartridge fix isn't working for me. Can anyone help?

Guys tend to get hardcore into coding because they're kissless beta losers with no friends. They think that becoming a tranny will make people pay attention to them and get them laid. They're usually right.

Does scanning the title key with fbi work or not?
I've seen some people say it does and some say it doesn't.

I seriously hate the staple of Veeky Forums culture "ignore those who harm you to death or it's your fault"

Installed B9S, safe to update? I think the only thing out of date would be the homebrew payload, so can I just get that from the starter kit again?

I don't know anymore.
Rei posted with a tripcode once and someone asked, but he denied everything (obviously). But maybe it wasn't Rei who dun it.
Regardless, mid-kid was pissed way back when we actually listened to him/when he was alive. I think it happened before the bricks started, as I was actually using >cakes at the time.
It was before beggar-kun's free guide got so good too, because the OP still had pastebin guides for rxTools and reiNAND and listed out their pros/cons.

Only time I've heard of Cakes being closed source is on April Fool's Day last year. Which, obviously, was a joke.
But he did mention something about not being credited.

for fe? it works it was just some retards scanning the qr with freeshop for whatever reason

It looks like everything is open source to me.

So question I have a new 3DS on 11.2 and a new 3DS running 11.4.

What would be the best way to go about installing cfw on the 11.4 3DS? I have Four Swords on the 11.2 one but it looks like 4swordshax only works on the japanese version? I can't really find anything confirming this though.

guide got updated to include dsiwarehax again just follow it

>What would be the best way to go about installing cfw on the 11.4 3DS?
Reading the OP

>cakes dies
>aureinand fades into obscurity without an update after
Maybe we're onto something...

What's the best way to install custom themes on 3ds nowadays? I haven't touched my 3ds in about year; just installed b9s.

I hear themely is pretty good.

Does anyone have Fire Emblem IF 4.1 fan translation .cia with DLC? Most links for it got taken down for some reason

Themely is the newest app for doing it, and is being updated, as opposed to CHMM2. (also doesn't crash if you look at it sideways)

Fire Emblem Echoes undubbed, in case people don't want to listen to the English voice acting

mega.nz/#!MohT0TJZ!zN3Z37woG9rbVJmImC_R-wkuoBbK9JdZCNcbfKWL-zI

You know how to patch it yourself, or are the patch files gone too?

>tfw no CFW will ever simulate a brick and then throw memes at me on April 1st

Just updated to boot9strap and I was wondering, how do I customize my fw version like in the images I keep seeing?

So i'm at the uds exploit part, how do i know it is finished or if it froze

There weren't any completed message, just a bunch of random words

kek forgot about that

Is b9s reversible like al9h was?

This doesn't work with fbi

Can I update my 3DS to the latest version? I've got B9S and Luma, although I can't update Luma for some reason.

I'm following the guide but from the looks of this and the list of exploitable games 4 swords isn't on there for USA so thats why I want to know if I'm just overthinking things here or not.

>tfw no other cfw
>tfw no truecfw yet
>tfw we still have fucking drama instead even after rei and mid-kid faded away

I fucking hate reddit.

thats just for your region user

Explain it for those of us who don't go there.

when i load the game bootstrap does not load

Couldn't someone hypothetically fork Luma, and provide .bin/a9lh versions of all the changes of the new .firm/b9s versions?

I'm one of the few people that actually has a dual-boot Luma/a9lh + Gateway setup (I'm still on 11.2), and I would prefer to keep the same functionality.

>Update to B9S
>Getting a homebrew splash screen when opening Freeshop

Was that always there?

Give me the tl;dr about this magnet shit

What have i missed and what the fuck happened

Understand that I'm not a 3DS owner but I understand most of the shit thats going on. Just not this magnet shit

The 3DS on the left isn't even switched on. They just took a bunch of shit and stuck it to the fucking screen.

ds flashcard + magic button combo + magnet + some developers' time = unfixable bootrom exploit, pandora battery tier

Anyone?

>you lived to see the day ds flashcarts become hardmod-tier hacks
I bet everyone with an old r4/ttds will complain about it and want something else.
Y'all did buy the cheapest flashcart that just werked right?

When I try downloading the Echoes DLC I get a 404 HTTP error with FBI

Any reason for this?

Gimme the buttrams.

Does anybody know if there's a maximum number of themes you can have?