I need help

So I bought this 82 F150 from an elderly couple but I have no clue wtf this engine is. I looked all over this bitch to find the type of engine it is. They said it's a 302 but it not the og engine.
>TL;DR fuckwad don't know what this engine is

Also the engine that's is in it currently they said they pulled it from a 69 Gran Torino.

302 CID Windsor V8

Not the og engine. Unless what you just typed also translates into the 302 ci from the Gran Torino. In which case I'd have 220 hp

It's the Ford Ecoboost engine.

No.

Yes.

No.
1. The engine isn't that new.
2. It's a V8

>1969
>Gran Torino
No such thing retards.

I'm just stating what the couple told me so don't jump my shit man. Also was the reason I'm asking Veeky Forums for help to find out.

Just look around on the block. You'll find a date stamped SOMEWHERE

Although it's most likely a 302.

Does it ahve vtec.

Don't believe it does. How would I find out? Also this 1st vehicle. So I don't know much

>buying a car that has had its engine replaced
Shiggy diggy

Take it to redline when cold. If you feel a shove and a change in engine note 500 rpm before redline you got vtec. DOHC from the looks of it.

OP's dumb enough you guys are going to actually convince him to wreck his car. Don't mess with another man's ride.

Check the badge on the car. Does it say "Honda"? If it doesn't, you don't have VTEC, yo.

It's some sort of Windsor V8. As to which variant - who the fuck knows? Just don't turbo or supercharge it and you'll be fine.

He says it was swapped you retard. Could be Honda made Windsor V8 in their Arizona plant from '72.That also came in the Gran Torino They do have VTEC.

OP, check if the sparkplug leads have numbers on them. If they do you have DOHC Vtec, if they don't you have SOHC vtec.

Also

Do none of this op. They're taking the piss if that's not obvious

Look for a casting number on the block them use look up ford casting numbers its not that hard Breah
But by just looking at the picture its seems to be a 5.0 Windsor

Are these what u r referring to?

That's the casting number don't have my book but looks like a 302 you can measure across front of block where intake sits if it 8,5 its a 302 if its 9.5 its a 351w and to the person who said Honda made ford motors in az you my friend are a but ford makes there on gas motors in Windsor Canada there diesels are made in Mexico youust be a bow tie boy

Learn to use a period.

It's a 68 302 Windsor with 210 hp. Thanks Veeky Forums.

Yes.
Forrd format goes like this:
First digit is a letter.
C= 1960's
D= 1970's
E= 1980's
Etc
Second digit is year of the decade
So a casting of C5**- is a 1965 casting. Doesn't mean it was cast in '65, it means that's when that particular mold went into use.
Third digit is what division the part was I tended for.
A= generic ford
T= truck
Z= mustang
I forget what other categorys use.

4th digit is what vehicle system the part is used in
E= engine for example.
The a hyphen and a longer numeric number that's the actual part number, often followed by another hyphen that denotes revision or specific of that part.

Most casting numbers will remain the same for a few years. A 1968 vehicle will have casting numbers below and up to 1968 installed on the assembly line, but never anything higher of course. Heads can have different year and department castings from block or intake etc, if it wasn't specific to that vehicle they generally just pulled pieces from the parts bin.

So a 1969 mustang intake would be C9ZE-****-**