Where does Veeky Forums fill up their tanks?

where does Veeky Forums fill up their tanks?
>costco when I'm there; it's just over the border in CT (from NY) so I can get 93 octane for less than I would pay for 87 octane in NY
>mobil because it's the most convenient
>shell when I build up enough grocery rewards points
>sunoco if I have to (mainly when traveling down I-95 or Garden State Parkway in NJ)
>went to BP before they started installing the "Miles" gas pumps that try to harass you into taking selfies and playing trivia while you pump

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cso3gvDj_zY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shell premium

Eni or OMV. All the same shit anyway

wait us doesn't have 95 and 98 octane?

most of the world uses RON to rate octane, US uses AKI which results in a lower number for the same grade of gas

98/99 Octane in Europe is the same as 93 in the states

87 octane in the states (regular) is equivalent to 91-92 octane in europe

89 octane in the states (midgrade in some places) is equivalent to 94-95 octane in europe

91 octane in the states (midgrade in other places) is equivalent to 96-97 octane in europe

I work at Costco so I just get gas when my shift is done.

Flying J or Love's

>its another eurofag doesn't understand how octane works episode

costco because they have the cheapest 92 octane

There's a Shell station that's a bit out of the way that has regular for under 2.50 per gallon. That's at least .25 less than other stations in the area

I only use Costco cause it's always cheaper, they have fast pumps without stupid fucking bullshit asking my to enter my zip, or carwash.

Wherever is closest because i dont give a shit and im sure it barely matters what """brand""" my fuel comes from. Not like it even lasts long anyway

>it's another episode of mericans using some retarded system instead of something decent like the rest of the world

america is superior

costco or chevron for dem sweet detergents
shell or 76 if I'm desperate
arco if poor or on E

truckerfag pls go back to your containment board

proofs?

Do I need membership for costco gas?

we don't tolerate communism

no proofs...

Circle K

Yes

yes, although if a member buys you costco gift cards in the store or online, you can just pay with the gift card. so if you have a friend with the membership you can just give him cash.

Shell if I fuck up and miss the last hour of costco's pumps being open

top tier fuels have more than 5x the detergents of the EPA minimum which helps prevent deposit build up. sunoco, for example, was not top tier until April of 2017 when they added more detergent to their mix.

I fill up at BP because of the talking gas pumps that take selfies of you and talk to you as you pump gas
youtube.com/watch?v=cso3gvDj_zY

"brand" barely matters but you should favor busy gas stations that see a lot of traffic (and thus have their storage tanks cycled often) vs some habeeb-mart that gets resupplied like twice a year.

I go there for my pv too. I know they only use don't use saudi oil so I support them

Shell v-power

The closest gas station that sells 98

Cheapest places I can find. Usually Arco, but there are a few "Fast N Esy" stations around that beat them. Yes, that's the correct spelling.

I don't know man. I never go arco. Something about their gas my cars don't like

Total
We only have three kinds of fuel for cars here, and it's the same for every station.
These are normal diesel (the high in sulfur kind), Gasoil 10ppm and Unleaded.
I got used to filling up at Total because somehow my shitbox drives slightly better compared to Oil Libya or Agil.

>Do I need membership for costco gas?
The pumps check for a card with costco status (costco membership card, costco gift card) before they start pumping. There are lots of membership card gas stations in the USA and many are unattended because they are for commercial or business users who have membership cards to access the pumps.

>I fill up at BP because of the talking gas pumps that take selfies of you
It's good to update the photo identification databases with your current visual identity. It can even be sellable information for the company, thus increasing profit.

need to try costco gas

>Sam Club 93 - gas tank reads 350 miles
>BP/Exxon 93 - gas tank reads 380 miles
>Citgo 93 - gas tank reads 410

>I never go arco. Something about their gas my cars don't like
Arco uses Napthalene (moth balls) to increase their octane rating.

literally wherever the nearest petrol station to me is when I get to a single bar on the petrol gauge

usually Sainsbury's

t. brit

>Sam Club 93 - gas tank reads 350 miles
>BP/Exxon 93 - gas tank reads 380 miles
>Citgo 93 - gas tank reads 410

That's an interesting way to think of your onboard mileage computer as a way to rate gasoline. After using that gas for awhile, the computer makes an estimate of how far you can travel on that gasoline. Premium gas in a car requiring only regular gas would therefore have lower mileage.

do they ever plan on doing more than just tires? you guys can't even install batteries right?

>where does Veeky Forums fill up their tanks?
The safest place is Costco because the attendant makes sure no dindu are loitering anywhere near the pumps or trespassing. I don't dress sloppy and my car always has a wax shine, so the dindu always seem to come at me.

>you guys can't even install batteries right?
While Sam's and Walmart sell batteries, I bet they cannot "properly" install my car's two batteries due to all the security bullshit and resetting needed for battery replacement. It's also somewhat physically complicated because there is stuff mounted (screwed into) on top of the battery such as fuses. So any battery replacement must also have those screw holes in the correct physical location due to the wire harnesses to the fuses not being movable due not just to fixed wire length, but also their stiffness. It's a great way for the OEM to guarantee OEM battery replacement. The equivalent battery at Sam's is $108 with free basic installation but the OEM battery is $278 and about $130 service charge for installation at the stealership.

I can see why Costco doesn't want to get into those complications. And my local Costco has no room for battery sales and its gear. It has four bays that are full morning (8AM opening) to night with cars getting tires. It is totally popular and you need an appointment for installation although you can buy the tires any time.

Kroger, because of their discount program

Back to the echo chamber with you

>back to the echo chamber
>can't tolerate criticism of communists

kek

Totally what I said or implied. For bitching about antifa 24/7 you morons use the same "with us or against us" attitude.

Only techron since I stopped falling for the v power meme.

A few of these started popping up around LA. Pretty good gas for my [spoiler]FRS[/spoiler]

I doubt it.
Tire center is too busy moving tires to do anything else.
Nope, we don't do batteries.

Speedway in the AM
Exxon otherwise

Costco nearest to me installs tires but that's it. I don't think it was ever approved to sell gas

Ultramar because fuck petro-canada

The one closest to me

I own an 06' Chevy Malibu
I have taken it to get refilled everywhere, I have kept it in excellent condition, no engine problems, brakes are good, everything running smoothly.
> I go on a roadtrip
>hey I've never been to this gas station before (shell)
>fill up tank, everything is fine
>start to drive out, engine immediately cuts out
>guy behind me doesn't realize I've stopped, crashes into my rear
>payed 2k+ for repair and had to take my family home on the first day of the trip
Tl;dr fuck shell

Try to get to arco if I'm going in the area since it's cheaper. If not whatever's closest, usually circle k or quiktrip

Sheetz.

your're mom is an echo chamber

Fuck I just got BTFO
Brb exit bag

For my work's delivery car (Nissan Versa Note), either BP or Sinclaire. If I can put enough fuel in, I'll throw premium in it (not my money, not my waste), if not I'll go regular. For my shitbox Camry, Citgo as it's the cheapest and on my way home.

Anything I should do differently from now on?

what is so bad about petro canada?

One time it was cold as balls and the employee couldn't be bothered to press the button to finalize the transaction so I had to ask her and do it again and I've been butthurt ever since.

Also their software is slow as fuck.

Always BP 98 unless its a shitbox i don't care about then ill run 91 in it.

why put premium at all? the car does nothing with it

I only buy gas on military installations to support my own micro economy

It really should not be called "premium" as that term only plays into the hands of the oil companies.

>Take selfies of you

Are people really dumb enough to fall for this gimmick? Why would ANYONE elect to have a fucking gas station take a picture of them?

What a fucking joke.

If you paid with card, then the company can reasonably assume that is the picture of the user. My guess of the selfie option is to disguise or give a legal excuse for the pumps to take pictures of people getting gas in case they are using stolen cards. With the picture, that is proof of the person using the card.

Chevron 87 octane
Texaco when I have to because it's closer

I like to get gas at either Sam's Club or Costco. They have a nice loss leader hot dog and drink combo that makes the stop worthwhile. If I want the 1/4 pound kosher dog smothered with onions and the 20oz drink, I stop at Costco. If I want the nathan's dog and larger drink, I stop at Sam's. Sam's doesn't have an onion dispenser, but my local Sam's does have pre-diced onions in little containers for free if you ask at the counter.

still 92 octane is super rare in Europe, I've seen it maybe twice in the 90s and that was leaded

I know some stations sell 92 in Germany but other than that it's 95 and up

Exxon synergy

Chevron with Techron

shell for dat meme-power

Hey fatass. You sure think about food alot, don't you?

>Hey fatass. You sure think about food alot, don't you?
I eat anything I want including your mom.
I don't get fat.

>need to try arco gas

Not all gas differs by just additives. Your local tank farm has the same pipeline delivering different fuels to different tanks. A signaling "plug" separates products in the pipeline. The same pipeline delivers low sulfur fuel to a set of storage tanks, high sulfur cheaper fuel to a different set of tanks, and branded fuels to other tanks.

Gasoline is a mixture. It is not a uniform product. Besides the concept of "adding" (additives), there is also subtraction (eg sulfur), and cracking (changing) during the refining. Refining stops when the mixture is good enough to sell. It varies by manufacturer since they own different refineries and the ingredient percentages vary all the time because the crude oil sources are highly variable in content.

Pipeline gas varies in the amount of other solvents and impurities mixed into it. Top Tier gas doesn't use MMT or Ferrocene. Top Tier octane is boosted by ethanol, toulene, and xylene.

Gas formulations change. Here is ARCO year 1998 gasoline:
Ethanol: 0 - 10 percent
Benzene: 1 - 5 percent
n-hexane: 1 - 2 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 2 percent
Ethylbenzene: 1 - 3 percent
Toluene: 7 - 14 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 5 percent
Xylene: 8 - 15 percent
MTBE: 0 - 15 percent
Gasoline mixture: XX remaining percent

ARCO year 2012 gasoline:
Benzene: 0 - 3 percent
n-hexane: 1 - 2 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 1 percent
Ethylbenzene: 0 - 2 percent
Toluene: 4 - 11 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 3 percent
Xylene: 4 - 11 percent
Naphthalene: 0 - 0.5 percent

ARCO year 2015 gasoline:
Benzene: 0 - 3 percent
Cyclohexane: 0 - 1 percent
Ethylbenzene: 0 - 2 percent
Toluene: 4 - 11 percent
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene: 0 - 3 percent
Xylene: 4 - 11 percent
Naphthalene: 0 - 0.5 percent

The above data is what the company furnished to the US Government as a matter of public record.

lukoil
cyka blyat here

Usually on base, right now it's 2.53 a gallon for premium, cheaper than most other places besides the boonies which is super far away

>tfw ate Christmas dinner at a Love's Subway last year

Lots of people eat out and sometimes very informally as a way of protesting how commercialized the christmas holiday has become.

I only go to chevron because they have 93 techron and REC90 and 110 octane.

Shell mid-grade (89 out here for us califags)

That's retarded

Someone told me with a Costco credit card and buying gas there you can stack up to like 6-8% cash back. Car only takes premium so considering getting a membership if that's true.

I like Holiday because they have basically everything you could ever want from a gas station

the redneck version of Sheetz

Some USA cities sometimes have festivals where gasoline that day is free for everyone. It's a phenomenon that only places with Freedom! can enjoy.

cumbies
aka cumberland farms. them and stewarts are way cheaper than the mobil down the street (like 20c difference)

You should use the GROUPON costco membership special. When you join up at the groupon member rate, you get various coupons for free items. You also get a $20 costco cash card. And at the time of joining, if you apply for the costco credit card and are approved, you get another $20 costco cash card. That card is accepted at competitor walmart and sam's club.and purchases on the card gives percentage cash back.

If you refuse to look up the terms at costco's website, then that's your problem, right?

>free gasoline
The advantage of computers is that the gas station manager simply shuts down the computer. He then runs away. The store gets looted but dindu aren't able to pump gas with the pumps shut down due to the computer not commanding the motors to pump.

Wonder if it responds to insults, as that's what I'd be doing while I'm just trying to gas up.

It's a surveillance tool in case stolen cards are being used. To get rid of complaints that it's only there to spy on people, it's marketed as a cute selfie cam.

When I'm at Arco, I press the top right or 2nd from the top right buttons to increase the volume on the video that is playing on the gas pump screen. It defaults to zero volume for the next person. So at least I can hear what they are saying in the video. Try that out at the next Arco you go to.

Late in the evening or early in the morning at Costco. Otherwise, the lines of cars waiting are too long because people combine a trip to costco along with getting gas there. Costco sells a lot of fuel. The gas trucks going there are the largest super long fuel carriers in the city. They seem to be from a different company than the short ones I've seen delivering fuel to the Sam's Club and Arco stations located on diagonal corners from each other. I don't know if different fuel carriers means the fuel comes from different tanks at the pipeline farm in the next door suburb city. There's a lot of big tanks over there so it's technically possible for the various brands to get fuel from different tanks if they have different refinery sources.

I should check on google earth to see if the tank farm is shown. High security locations can be obscured on the online map services. Certainly, driving by the place, you can't hardly see tanks as they are set far back and the entrance road is angled so you can't see directly in and trees and brush block views from the street. If you've never flown over there, you would not realize one of the region's tank farms is there.

More and more of everything is hidden nowadays. Even major power distribution stations have been putting up these strange metallic mesh fences. It won't stop a Hecate .50 but it looks like any dinky .22 rimfire would be stopped. It doesn't make sense as a bulletproof fence until I thought about the weird pattern like they were to block a portable EMP device.

I prefer Thortons. Tasty ass 89 cent slushies and usually got pretty cheap gas. Other than that no preference, usually go with whats cheapest unless its like a blatantly shitty station

People do that for thanksgiving now too.

Shell stations only because my car runs best with V-Power Nitro and the rewards system offsets the additional cost in the long run.

do bi fuel cng cars actually save money on fuel as opposed to just petrol? eastern europe here btw

>Shell if I fuck up
Looks like when ARCO went Top Tier, they dropped the MTBE and reduced the toluene, and xylene to be replaced by slow burning Naphthalene as the octane boosting additive.

Fucking animals I love Caprice PPVs

They even tear the mirrors off and bent the windshield wiper arms. They made a ton of scratch marks on the door under her pale white face trying to get to her.