Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zi_fwIiYQH8
youtube.com/watch?v=2F9ADVDSZLw
youtube.com/watch?v=GityoGjUj0g
youtube.com/watch?v=-hWg_N1EkIc
youtube.com/watch?v=-mM19RCCa3g
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZS419WT74g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What total war games have the most realistic weather effects on the troops?
IE: Muddy terrain on rainy weather making chariots and elephants barely able to move

Nappy has the "wet gunpowder" thing going on.
Shogun 2 has some nice water effects in the rain+no fire arrows in rain(IIRC).
Some games have a fog thing.

That is all really.

what an eye sore

>IE: Muddy terrain on rainy weather making chariots and elephants barely able to move

There isn't anything that is that in-depth, afaik the best you will get are in attila/rome2, where troops have different fatigue modifiers depending on the temp/if the troop is native to that area (ie barbars have cold resist, africans have heat resist etc)

TAKE BACK EVERY SCOOP

youtube.com/watch?v=zi_fwIiYQH8

>this guy

Dabbing doesn't belong with those greats. It's fucking garbage.

>Piggu

the same goes for that anime trash

>anime franz and muh boi are still considered based
Truly the patrician-tier memes

its a shame, there are so many things they could do with weather taking examples just from real battles
>barbars have cold resist, africans have heat resist etc

thats pretty neat, didnt know Attila had that

i was watching this documentary about Alexander's battle in india (Hydaspes river) and it seemed that the indians were not prepared at all for mud and rain and their bamboo longbows required them to crouch and fix them to the ground wich was no longer possible. the chariots couldnt move well in the mud and alexander decimated the indian cavalry in no time.
just the fact that indians had longbows in 326 BC makes me wish to have them in some total war game

I am disturbed, concerned and impressed at the same time.

>Ryse

I would say the same

But Warhammer is anime.

>don't post this often enough to count
Will Vampire Counts favouritism ever end.

God dammit

It's impressive how well M2 has survived so long through mods.

>tfw rise of mordor never
youtube.com/watch?v=2F9ADVDSZLw

I really liked that about Attila/R2 and its something i really miss in Warhammer

The ability to see your army acting really tired and fatigued in the battlefield because you used the forced march option. Or in Attila's case, the army puking in the battlefield because they were infected with the plague

>modders wasting their time making units for a lotr mod in a game that doesn't feature campaign-map editing

retards

The modding possibilities in that game made it way eaiser to ignore some of the really big flaws.

>Or in Attila's case, the army puking in the battlefield because they were infected with the plague

I think this addition was a bit too silly for that game.

>What total war games have the most realistic weather effects on the troops?
Such a feature will never exist in TW because the community is too awful at this game

Is that the bathhouse boys?

>dumbass peasant can't even face the right direction during battle

It's an ambush probably

Shogun 2 has the rain -> wet gunpowder thing too IIRC

i think i would enjoy attila more if i didnt have to care about the family tree, politics, integrity, and all that kind of stuff
simple graphics have their charm
>tfw turning rome quality to low and seeing how their legs and arms become literal sticks
its a shame that game will never run well due to only using 1 core

I was going to compliment on how nice that Kholek looked until it fully loaded

What a way to ruin it

Ancient empires fucking when I'm tired of warhammer

what is ancient empires

>rome quality to low and seeing how their legs and arms become literal sticks

I remember seeing this in Prince of Macedon's old videos. It was pretty funny. I could run Rome 1 really well at the time so I never noticed it myself.

mod that converts attila to the r2 setting

notorious for NEVER EVER getting released

how can anybody stand watching that guy

It was long ago. He is pretty irrelevant now. I guess his videos were never that good though.

wishing for the day CA goes "oh yeeah that game exists" and make it use more than 1 CPU core so epic 8k soldier battles can be had at max settings without seeing any drops in a modern system

He was literally the only TW youtuber for a long time, he's the reason why so many tw youtubers use the XofY format for their names

It's also the reason why despite having hundreds of thousands of subs he has barely any views, his subs are old and have moved on

I'm pretty sure that people had stick legs in antiquity, though.

Don't forget blue and green romans.

youtube.com/watch?v=GityoGjUj0g

dae miss van thunk's music
youtube.com/watch?v=-hWg_N1EkIc
total war just isnt the same, none of the tracks in the newer games are memorable to me

heeh, after 200 hours in a game i end up just turning the music off no matter the quality

why not just play rome 2

There are many reasons not to play that game.

Attila has some good ones, but it is more like the general atmosphere from the soundtrack as a whole that is great.

I also really like this one from Warhammer.

youtube.com/watch?v=-mM19RCCa3g

One neat thing Beddow often does is that he creates a main melody for a total war game and uses it in a lot of the tracks. This vampire track has a segment were the main warhammer melody is "distorted". At 0:56. Love that shit in video game soundtracks.

Reposting.

Tree Hitler, Surtha Ek and ASININE MORTALS seem to be the picks for new players

You don't need BOTH Surtha Ek and ASININE MORTALS. Go for BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION instead

Tree Hitler is good though.

who gives a shit about surtha ek?

Noted. I've been mostly absent for /twg/ for a while because Uni finals so I'm less fresh on anything from basically WHTW2 announcement on

You can't fathom him?

Good

twg meme are the best memes

>r2 ai will only attack if they can poison half of your army with an agent first

fun

How do I make Dwarf (Not Angrund) campaigns fun?

>notorious for NEVER EVER getting released
so... basically every attila mod ever

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

supreme

ASININE MORTALS sounds better than just a 'Surtha Ek'

That, or BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION

I wonder how long it'll be into we start crossing into Veeky Forums levels of warhammer memery

Fun fact: Veeky Forums's team uses our Karl Franz model

Is it 'ours' though? Did they make it/

reposting in this thread:

how do you manage when your empires get huge? I usually lose all sort of organization and just start building random shit then I stop playing because of the lack of order

We got it made as a reward for winning the cup (as the next cup was "hosted" by us) and Veeky Forums must've just took it to use for themselves

Depends what game.

Empire management in Atilla and empire management in Warhammer and 2 completely different things.

generally I focus on making certain provinces make as much money as they can (faction capital, provinces like italia/africa in r2, etc). Then I will go province to province, making sure they get all the stuff they can in order to min max them. I use the building constructed notifications to check which provinces are done building something and ready to upgrade

stealing little shits

GRUDGE
R
U
D
G
E
GRUDGE should be a player too, seeing how belegar is pretty popular here

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

Shogun 2 / fots

just go down your province list and check every province, is the public order good? if not, build/upgrade public order building, religion/culture/whatever affecting public order too much? build a building to counteract that. If all of that is good, upgrade/build income buildings. Once I've gone down it I usually just look at the building finished events every turn and continue upgrading from those events so I don't have to keep track of what is finished when and where.

It also helps to come up with a rough plan on what you're going to build in a certain province, based on resources present or how many coastal cities or whatever, you might build slightly different. It helps to keep on top of public order and religion/culture/sanitation or whatever, then income when building in any province you expect to be able to defend for a while. Otherwise you'll end up having to demolish buildings to build other shit when one of those gets out of hand.

flying unit zerging is such a fun and stupid shitfest god damn. They pack so tightly and shred stuff so quickly

fuck tactics

Time to SLAY OATHBREAKERS!!

also vlads AoE heal/revive is a meme

build fun units.

I did a Slayer campaign as Ungrim that was fun as shit. Got Slayers by turn 16 and went to kick some Vampires in the head (though at that point in the game they could only kill Wurzags giant & Mannlets Vargulf - still happy that my slayers killed the only 2 monsters existing on the planet at the time). Once I got all the tech for it & skills I buffed them up to 96 melee attack and they could kill a chaos lord with only 3 of them dying.

Most dwarf players just build shielded infantry & quarellers and get really bored.

All of their units are actually incredibly viable if you learn how to properly use them.

You should always tool your capital for engi units if you want a fun campaign - unlocking Irondrakes, Flame Cannos, Gyrocopters & Organ guns early makes for some really entertaining battles.

Dunno about fots but shogun 2 is pretty easy.

Provinces with buff buildings become military provinces and all the others just become economic. You literally just build the same combo of Market / Sake den / Temple (or maybe a dojo instead if it's contested) and you're done with it.

Only bother upgrading the settlement itself on military provinces or high value/ fertile lands that you want to protect.

SLAYERS MARCH TO WAR

>You zoom in on your cavalry during setup and notice this guy is leading them
what do?

The first song of Domina reminds me of a lower rez kind of RTW music. youtube.com/watch?v=5ZS419WT74g

Finished my Bjornling campaign. Was a ton of fun. Fun little bonus, when the Big Chaos Invasion kicks off, you get four armies down south where Bjornling AI usually gets their armies. Neat. Mixu's mod adds a lot of really cool units. It also adds a Berserker lord, who has this ability. Watching your entire army go berserk is pretty funny.

Truly shit has hit the fan

Most of the Carthaginian forces were in the east preparing for an offensive against the Boii, who had been at war with the Balkan client states for quite some time, when the Arverni declared war on Carthage. With most of the armies in the east, the gallic forces were able to march south into Hispania, sacking Tarraco and capturing Numantia for themselves, ignoring the mercenary defensive force garrisoned at Aracillum.

Carthaginian forces had pused north from Massalia and capture the gallic "city" of Bibracte, but they had left the town un-defended in attempt to ambush the Arverni king as he returned with his veteran force from the east. The attempted ambush failed, but the gallic army was defeated in battle, although the Arverni king managed to escape. Despite that victory, the Carthaginian army was forced to flee southwards through Sequani territory after the Pictones joined the war and captured Bibracte, cutting them off from provincia to the south. The Sequani are known to sympathize with their Gallic brethren, and the tresspass of Zabonis' army may lead to them joining the war as well. The gallic town of Tolose fell to the army of Zabonis (of no relation to the Barcid Zabonis), and from there a novice force from cisalpina hopes to lead a counterattack back into hispania, removing the Arverni armies located there

In the east the war against the Boii fares much better - with their forces having to defend a wide area of territory from the forces of Carthage, Tylis, and the Odrysian Kingdom, the Boii are unable to stop the advance of the Carthaginian armies

Meanwhile, in Africa, the Nasamones, another Carthaginian client state, are again at war with the forces to the east. The Nasamones have been in a constant state of war with whatever empire is currently occupying Egypt for a long time now, and should be able to hold their Libyan cities against the Parthians

The coolest thing about rome total war was how family members got this killer heavy cav unit. So you'd want to use them in battles but you'd risk the family member dieing. I think your faction leader had a huge 64 man unit.

Yeah let's see how tough they are when the Seleucid elephants come knocking.

SLAYERS WATCH OUT FOR POISON IVY
SLAYERS DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR LUNCH
SLAYERS COME HOME BEFORE DUSK OK?

Rate my Karaz Ankor.
Empire have been useless allies the entire game. Only thing they did was kill Big Bird, burn half of Norsca then drag me into a bunch of wars with the other human factions, including my own vassal, kislev. I had to defeat sigvald, kholek and archaon as well as burn down the elves and vamps all on my own.

ᵈᵉᶫᵉᵗ

>Really want to continue my Border Princes campaign
>The new version of the mod has some issues with Lords not gaining XP and other such bugs so it'd be a waste of battles right now to progress

>burning down the elves
What was the grudge?

existing

Shit I was JUST about to start a Tilea campaign. Guess I'll hold off then. New update looks so fricking good too.

I lost the vaults to orcs because when I confederated with belegar I needed him in the badlands fighting the bjornlings, then the elves took the vaults from the orcs. I wanted them back and decided to burn down their forest and completely wipe them out in the process.

Also

Best queen when ?

>no demigrpyh mount for lords

what were they thinking?

Damn it I meant to put
>also

Not sure if it's the whole thing or just the new LL's, but I KNOW the new LL's are having issues where they'll randomly stop accruing XP, and I had a weird bug earlier where I was fighting some goblins with Gashnag and his army just completely vanished off the map during an AI turn cycle.

C&C are aware of the problem though. Said it might have something to do with the startpos for the new Lords, so I imagine a fix will be along soon, at least for the XP thing.

>stab me in the back for taking back rightful empire clay stolen by border princes
>start crying once their stunted little forms are turned into fertilizer for the rebuilding of sylvania

NO PEACE. JUST WAR.

game 3 , they will need a good faction since all that will be left is gonna be chaos dorf , ogres and daemons