Technicals

hey Veeky Forums, /k/ here
What would be the best model of pickup truck to mount a heavy machine gun to the bed, but still be relatively fast enough to outrun humvees? any reccomendations for windshield replacements?
also, technicals/truck mounted guns thread

Anything full size nigger

New Mercedes X Class

You Isis fucks are probably the one morons who will buy that POS with all the stolen oil money

Anything outruns a Humvee. Literally anything.

fuck off isis

I'm not isis

the iraqi police has F350 gun trucks

Old Toyota Hilux, obviously.

Also why the fuck would you think about outrunning humvees if you can just shoot them up?

sounds like something isis would say

Go eat sand you sand nigger

This little cunt again

>amerifats need guns to defend themselves
lmoaa, literally third world tier

that whole mount is sketchy as fuck
must shake like crazy

hilux

>Massive dshka anchored by square stock to the fucking bodywork of the truck

this

am i technically a technical

How messed up is it when the police need mobile anti aircraft weapons.

Raptor. Will outrun shit a lot faster than a humvee

This. Also a G wagon would be perfect

>hates america's guts
>drives american vehicles

lmao, sandniggers

They're for deterrence, not protection.

>relatively fast enough to outrun humvees

You /k/laim you are from /k/, yet you say Humvee rather than HMMVW?

Also, you should know the answer to your question. Nearly anything will outrun an HMMVW

This thing

Tundra/Tacoma would work well. Any Toyota pickup would work. Also a Raptor would be fucking mighty if you can afford it

This. Tacoma for cheap/reliable. Raptor if you've got some extra isis oil money lying around.

Toyota Hilux for damn sure. If in the US, where hilux is hard to come by, the toyota Tacoma or a Ford Ranger would do it.

The gun on the other hand, would need to be a belt fed medium or heavy machinegun. A couple antitank rocket launchers would be beneficial, RPG-7 with a competent gunner or AT-4 would do the trick. Hand grenades (or molotov cocktail) would also be useful to serve as antipursuit deterrent. Concertina wire (don't forget your gloves) and perimeter defense weapons (think M-18A1 claymore or PROM-4) along with a pair of binoculars will be useful if you find the need to run a checkpoint.

>2 door
It's hard to believe a godly brand like toyota even makes such a useless format of truck

>not owning a v8 single cab short bed truck
Fucking normie

You'll find it's a custom/shoop

Opel Calibra

Superduty.

>invade a sovereign country
>force them to buy your shitty products
t. neocon

least retarded post itt

caterpillar 797f truck

Nice. Has already outlived most Hiluxs.

someone played too much zero hour it seems

See
That bed is no longer than 5' 6" at best

Have actually raced a real HMMV in my Kei truck... confirmed the Kei truck is faster, and not just by a little...

it really is

Landcruiser ute

Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4 Mega Cab and long bed. Theyre eady to drive and park as long as youre not a 16 year than thinks a 4 door Civic is too big of a car.

My work truck is single cab and it fucking sucks

>implying HMMV is any fast
These things canĀ“t even do normal highway speed and need years to get there.

I know 50ccm bikes that go faster...

Full size pickup (v8), baja kits suspension, ultimate offroad gun

I'd take a Lada Niva, remove all the glass and place a SPG-9 recoilless rifle through the vehicle facing out of the windscreen where the gunner could perch/sit on the rear seat and look through the sight and the loader could crouch rather comfortably in the boot area with the escaping back blast going though the rear. Small arms could sit happily on one of the seats ready for screaming "God is Great" and shooting indiscriminately at enemies.

The tacoma/hilux frame is not strong enough to support the bare vehicle let alone a large caliber turret. There is a storied history of Toyota frame failures even when rust is not present.

so this?

Wasn't that a Nissan Navara NP300

A chopped FJ60

>ancient Hilux
>outrunning literally any vehicle

lol

qt

>wasserman
>post-modernist used toilet paper tier comic
>shittier tier bait
this is now the most jewish post on Veeky Forums

found the braindead trump supporter

FUCK YES
But serious answer is this. J70 with style side tub is mandatory.

Also a v8 heart transplant

Neat, although my choice would be a 12H-T or first generation mechanically injected 1HD-T. An extended wheelbase 60 or 80 would be an overlanding monster.

yes, but without the UAZ 'reliability'.

Shalom

Is your dick non existent or why what else are you compensating for?
>inb4 b-but muh guns

>Maximum load, kg 250(dshk-40kg,zpu-50kg)
>easy af to fix,old 200cc vespa engine,independent suspension in the back
M U R O V E I
U
R
O
V
E
I

Half of the country is controlled by ISIS my dude

>Tacoma/Hilux frame

The Tacoma's that had rust problems had c-channels (not the c-channels fault)

The same year Hilux had a fully boxed frame.

The frames have different steel thickness, the frames have a different shape

If you took a hilux and Tacoma and tried to swap the bodies you would have a ton of welding to do, prop shafts to cut and lengthen and so on

Ignore Termi. He simply attempts to pass opinion off as fact.

Literally anything. Humvees are slow POS.

>inside cluttered with food crumbs and receipts
To be honest, people doing this need to be executed

What about an extended cab?

K

>Ford
>America's best brand
:^/

>ford america's best truck
>ford never made a squarebody
uhhh sure

>Davy Crockett.
Literal mad man.

Wow someone who actually knows what it is, very nice. Where do I get one? It doesn't have to fire, just look like the real deal.

>muh full piece of plywood
Fucking rofl
Pretty much everyone on Veeky Forums who's never set foot on a building site anyway

>implying that you need to actually use the bed to be a proud pickup owner

Get a load of this guy

The problem here is you need to outrun a little more than just a humvee

100% sure your taxes paid for that f350.

AMG 6x6 nigga

I thought those were discontinued? And the ones that exist go for $600k.

Would for sure still own one holy shit.

Could you even drive out of the blast zone in time?

I'm not, I'm implying the metric of "mah plywood" is largely irrelevant.

Amateurs.

I think they'll still make them if you order one.

Sticky tape some toilet rolls together and paint them green.

When it comes to terror, shitskin toyotas are what you need

Kind of thinking something a bit sturdier. Maybe with a stand that ties into the original mounting points, or an original stand with a dummy warhead?

Yes, they had selectable yield and target distance.

Anything with a Toyota badge on it.

Australian army uses it as their fast attack vehicle too iirc, like America's humvees

>$500,000 at the lowest, almost $1million at it's highest

Jokes aside, I quite agree on that. For most people you'll rarely (if ever) transport something like that, and for those that will a pickup is probably not the best choice anyways

I don't know a single carpenter or wood-builder here that actually uses a pickup, outside of one single guy with a Land Cruiser who does small jobs. They all use vans, preferrably the Toyota HiAce, VW Transporter, Mercedes Sprinter or VW Crafter.

If he sets up an account with Toyota Terrorist and War Sales department, he can get great deals when he buys 50 or more

Worse, it's a 14.5mm KPV autocannon
god knows how stable that thing is when firing

Smaller, more agile vehicles are much better suited for our needs, user. Troop transports that can be reconfigured to material transports by folding the rear seating rows. Keeps most supply out of the elements. In some cases, no frame will allow for a more lightweight vehicle that is less likely to bog down in terrain and allows for quicker acceleration with higher top speed.

What's wrong with UAZ 'reliability'?They are still used by Iraqi and Afganistan armies despite the abundance of hmmwvs and toyotas andthe fact they are all where made in 70-90.Not to mention they are still used by ex-warsaw pact that certainly can afford something better.Seems like reliable vehicle to me t.b.h.

The 6x6 the Australian Army uses has close to nothing in common with that AMG thing.