One reason you don't ride a scooter

>One reason you don't ride a scooter

it's fucking gay lol

I own a car and scooters are ugly and slow.

I can afford to drive a car.

I live too far away from work to commute there via scooter and when I do drive within town, it's usually to get groceries so I need a car for that

Chavs/Deliveroo drivers/Shitters ride them

Plus they have fuck all power off the line because nogears

Because society would shun us more than they already do.

Pic (and subjects) related

I wanna go fast

I don't live in Southeast Asia

Don't want to die young

I'm not a fag. /thread

Next 2 wheels might be a scooter.
I just want the comfort and most importantly the trunk(I can't put top case on my motorcycle)
You can put 2 helmets in the trunk, that why I can be spontaneous and take girls/ friends with me when I feel like and don't need to prepare for it

Comfort and spontaneous worth it

Because I ride Yamahas.

A bicycle is more economical, a bike is less gay.

Sound like shit
Ride like shit
Look like shit
Slow as shit
Resale value is shit
So
Stolen as often as shit.

>One reason you don't ride a scooter
Too many careless car drivers on the road. They won't see me and will drive right into me even if I am alongside them. That will cause me to fall down and be run over by all the other cars. Meanwhile, the car responsible for the accident drives away because hit-and-run is 100% normal. The few exceptions to hit and run don't count.

What that means is scooter driving is not economical because you still need insurance to cover for vehicular injuries to yourself and comprehensive with low deductible to cover for scooter repair or replacement.

For some reason I feel safer on a motorcycle. I don't know what to do with my legs on a scooter, I don't feel as secure because I can't grip the bike between them.

I live in a hilly area. All of the exit roads have sections where one goes down steep hills which end with a traffic light at the bottom. A scooter would be burning up the brakes on that ride. So it's unusable due to the need to have some type of speed but be burning up the brakes in order to avoid collision or wrecking due to slppery curving road surface at the bottom of the hills.

And muggers stealing the scooter.

I did. Small scooter tires are shit and I fell off it a bunch of times on gravel in turns.

It also couldn't go up a hill above 25mph. Fuck that shit. Get a motorcycle.

I did/do the repair work costs more than a motorcycle, yet it isn't as fun as a motorcycle.
The utility capabilities and comfyness are the only reason's to have one.
I would rather have a standard motorcycle with a topbox on the back.

>I would rather have a standard motorcycle with a topbox on the back.
Me too but I can't put one on it (that's what the mechanic who do this kind of stuff said, maybe I'll try in a different workshop)

That usually depends on the aftermarket for your bike, or if there are any mounting spots.
Some bikes have no provisions and probably don't have an aftermarket for them either.
The only way to fix that would be to jury rig something. Maybe a plastic asian style crate with some rope.

>I can't put one on it
Tailbag, then. Cargo net?

Yeah but I can't lock it safely.
I use cargo net but It's take preparedness.
for example if I'm at the workplace, I can't just take a girl with me spontaneously, I need to use the cargo net beforehand.
With a trunk or a top case I can just leave there another helmet for whenever I'm gonna need it.

I found a few solutions but nothing compares to the comfort of top case or trunk, It's just less worries.

they seems cool to mess around on, but they look too metro. older ones that look like the honda cub are cool.

Because I don't have one, otherwise, why not?

I already have a motorcycle that's faster and more stable than a scooter and I have a car for carrying things.

Also manual > CVT

I can afford a real enginebike.

because they're like fat chicks. fun to ride but you wouldn't want your friends to see.