I Paradox Thread

Paradox Interactive produces a number of global strategies, simulating nations over a certain historical period. All games are different.

>Crusader Kings 2 (769-1453)
Middle Ages. An elaborated religious and feudal system. In this game the player is not by the country itself, but the character and dynasty, with all their problems. The key role played by personal skills of your character and his relationships with other characters.

>Europa Universalis 4 (1444-1821)
The Renaissance and modern times. During your reign you will be faced with rotting feudalism, religious wars, colonization, imperialism and the revolutionary epoch of the struggle for independence.

>Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness's (1836-1936)
The era of steam and industrialization. The features of the game include focusing on domestic policy and the economy, the interaction of government with different classes of the population, the colonial race, industrialization and imperialism.

>Hearts of Iron 4 (1936-1949)
The game is entirely devoted to the Second World War. In particular the added battlplan and specialization of production lines. The game itself ceased to be overly rated in comparison with the third edition, and now allows the player to play entirely ahistorically

There are many other titles, such as: Stellaris, Sengoku, EU Rome: Vae Victis, For the Glory, Darkest Hour, March of the Eagles.

>Official website of Paradox:
paradoxplaza.com

>Wiki for all the Paradox games:
paradoxwikis.com

>Archive games, DLS, mods, activators:
mega.nz/#F! sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow plMxFYTB!
www44.zippyshare.com/v/PGUvD2fd/file.html - the DLC to HOI4. So far, no protection for the DLC is not present, so I just throw everything in the folder dlc.

>Archives converters:
sourceforge.net/projects/paradoxgameconverters/files/EU4toV2-Releases/
reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/wiki/converters/
github.com/Idhrendur/paradoxGameConverters /

Should I do it?

Seriously though why? It's fucking bloatware.

Because It's a good mod

>
Mashallah.
>177398581
I want to get into it, is it actually fun or just tedious?

Why?

Because it's fun
It's not too tedious

It's the only mod that is autistic enough to try to remove mana. You cannot find this kind of autism in any other mod.

Genuinely though? Because honestly it looks too intimidating to be enjoyable.
If I wanted autism I'd play black ice.

>I'd play black ice.
>He doesn't play both at the same time

HOI is completely different thing. Stop comparing with other gs. This is like apple vs orange.

True enlightenment is moving your Hitler brigade to capture Moscow.
I know, I'm saying Black Ice is an example of a mod I can't enjoy because it became overly complex, is MEIOU the same?

Not really. Most stuff like development are handled by event. So you just play it like usual. Also MEIOU have tutorial event and decision if you are confused.

What would you recommend as a first country for a beginner?

Portugal. Comfy colonization game and Castille usually ignore you or allied with you.

How do colonial nations work in MEIOU?

Like vanilla except you can choose what kind of colonial government you want (Spanish-style feudalism, France/Portugal-style trading, and anglo-style expansion) Genocide is handled by event. They also have Colonial trading company ala EIC that can be formed via decision by if you control India.

Sounds cool, is there mixed cultures? For example, if I pick Spanish style will I get half casts? Is it harder to do the Anglo way?

Not sure about mixed culture, but feudalism and trading usually retain the culture of your colony while anglo is well, like US. Native pop up like crazy in Anglo-style but you can kill them easily. If you are playing Portugal, trading is the best choice since Portugal is too small to expand unlike Brits.

Wait, it's not just the vanilla policies, is it?

Colonial government as in what kind government you choose to rule over colony. In vanilla, there is only one type of government no matter what policy you choose over colony. In MEIOU you can choose the colonial government, not just policy. The government will give you appropriate bonus on your colony and yourself.

So would it be possible to make South America, dare I say it, white?

You can do that too in vanilla since all the culture in SA will magically change into primary culture or colonial culture. And you can make the native magically disappear by pressing a button on your troop.

Well, it's not really magic, they're using their weapons to kill them.

>le magic
Fuck off, MEIOUIDF

t. meiouidf

Hello, Gigau.

There aren't any trade map modifiers, it tells me nothing. The only changes that I've noticed is that now lesser noble influence is stuck below 3%.

Epic

>black death happens in my kingdom
>close the gates before my king die
>he dies anyway because he was a one legged, disfigured, sick old man
>I don't realize that after succession the gates open again for some reason
>all my bloodline catches the plague and it's game over

Nice.

bump