/fhg/ - For Honor General

Skirmish edition

Ganked: >Updated Season 2 Info: Character and Map details
pastebin.com/4qcpMRZK

>Patch 1.07: RAIIIDEEER
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-289985-16/patch-notes-for-honor-v107
>New players:
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Multiple hero video guides
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character damage values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
gameranx.com/features/id/93082/article/for-honor-all-knights-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93191/article/for-honor-all-vikings-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/
gameranx.com/features/id/93397/article/for-honor-all-samurai-campaign-collectibles-breakables-observables/

**ATTENTION CONSOLE BROS**
There is now an official PS4 and XB1 Community!

If you would like to join, search For Honor General (PS4)
For Honor General Official (XB1)
or Message/add TheSteroid386 (PS4) or metalkid267 (XB1) and we will invite you.

Longest 5 minutes of my LIFE.

Second for Warden has yellow fever.

THE ULTIMATE SAMURAI JACK FOR HONOR FIGHT

Aku team is

Entire team consisting of Shinobi and Nobushi all in black called "the daughters of aku"

Jack team is

>A Kensei
>a black Orochi
>the highlander when he is released
>A Centurion

LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
I UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL
YELLOW FEVER

iSkys is a salty niglet who is bad at the game.

>start game
>see warden
>leave
>see warlord
>leave
>see pk
>leave
>see valk
>leave
>see nobushi
>leave
>see cent
>leave
>see shinigger
>leave
>see lb
>leave
>see roach
>leave
>see raider
>leave
>see berserker
>leave
>see shug
>leave
>see kensei
>leave
>see conq
>leave
Just me?

Jacks an Orochi not a Kensei

>stuffing his face with olives
>not banging his head against a wall

>See Centurion charging his punch
>Side dodge
>Somehow despite being over a sword length away and him facing the completely wrong direction i get smacked in the face

The punch mixup would be 100% manageable if it didnt have this absurdly large hitbox.

>see the thread is at 850 replies
>don't make a new one
Just me?

>there will never be a femKensei whomst owns a pet Warden that is loyal to her because of his extreme yellow fever

existence is pain

>thread dies
>can't shitpost any more
>forced to actually play the game
How is this fair?

>Not paying attention to post number
>Thread dies without a new one being linked

How is this fair?

Haven't played in a while. Is this game still P2P? Do people still think my guy Warden is op?

>Is this game still P2P?
Yes.

>Do people still think my guy Warden is op?
Yes (even though he was nerfed), but they're too busy bitching about Centurion now.

not sure what greek philosophy has to do with the romans but this picture is great nonetheless

Did they nerf his zone?

No. They just touched his Shoulder Bash's framedata very slightly.
He's functionally the same.

>cap point
>go afk
>open up steam browsers
>no new posts
>have to actually play

how is this fair?

They just made it so you can't cancel SB to GB later in the SB animation.

Now he's reasonably balanced, but people still bitch about him anyway. Or at least they did until the new characters came out.

I've seen this alleged upcoming change mentioned a few times, but never any citations. Anyone have proof of this? Having an actually decent stance change speed as a LB could making fighting pks, valks, and shinobis less of a nightmare.

It was said in one of the dev streams. Fuck if I know which one.

The new characters shit on warden so it's unsurprising. The faggot is warlord level for sure and centurion is below warlord but above warden for sure.

>actually using those shitty steam overlay browsers

EUGH

I would argue Warden is stronger than Cent. They both have a strong mix up game, but Warden can initiate his much more safely than Cent.

Cent needs to either whiff two attacks, or throw a heavy. Warden can just dodge and go right into it.

I would just tab out but FH does that retarded shit where I have to tab out like 3 times in a row because it refuses to be minimized

Berserker should be able to soft feint his dodge attack into another dodge attack y/n

n

The parry window on his heavies is very strict and he can soft fient them into GB, it's not very hard to get going. Cent keeps the pressure on far better than warden as well, the main reason why I swapped to him. It was always frustrating as warden when an OOS opponent just back dashes away and by the time you get into position to sb them they have it back, with cent it's pretty much game over when they go OOS.

Definite yes

Post Shinobis eating shit

use borderless fullscreen

Doin gods work
>Playing Raider
>Punishing their Kick BS with stunning tap
>Parry their light and kill them with one hit
>Rage quit

Its almost like without their I WIN button these faggots have nothing.

No rage quit unfortunately
>I still need to rename the webm

Man centurions unblockable always gets me, it's like shugs unblockable, it's just so fucking slow.

So how should I be playing warden against the new characters? Both have PK speed lights which means it's impossible to open them with a neutral SB.

I-I did my best

So I just bought the game and haven't played since beta, I thought it'd be fun for 1v1s while I wait for Friday the 13th to release. Couple of questions though:
Is Nobushi still pokey poison spear lady that can go fuck herself while dealing damage far as fuck away from you?
Are there still really bad connection issues? I have a vague memory of hearing about a big patch last week I think when browsing this general.
Is the game easy to pick up for beginners?
Finally, is the Vanguard still fun as fuck to play or is there some meme trinity of characters that make-up a "meta" that if you don't play those characters you get boned all the time??

The game is in the worst state it's ever been in, strongly consider a refund.

Geez, even for having fun in casual play with 1v1s? I just bought it to tide me over for the week while I wait for F13th because I have no motivation to play other games right now.

No, the games honestly fine. That dudes just a salty fag that can't dodge left.

Nobushi really isn't that bad, one of the few characters that isn't broken.
Connection is still shit
No, you will get shit on by everything as a beginner.
The current meta is the new characters+Warlord/Warden/PK. Most fun character is probably Ken or Raider

Nobushi is a bitch but only to beginners and you will quickly learn to deal with her.

Connections are touch and go but only in 4v4 modes. 1v1 duels are fine.

The game is easy to pick up but you'll be styled on by more experienced people.

What do you mean the Vanguard? If you meant the Raider then yes they're even better than before. And some characters are just straight up harder to play and worse than other characters.

Ah thank fuck Raider hasn't changed much then, her and the Beserker were my favorites to play in the beta. Hopefully the connection issues won't ruin the game too much for me.

Raider has some nice buffs now. You can change your zone into top light, and your wall kick does damage now.

1v1 by design isn't a casual mode, the casual fun mode is dominion and it's an absolute shit fest right now. The devs have yet to address major issues so it will be like this for months to come.

Centurion is the least fun character to fight in the entire roster.

Aw shit now I can't wait, Raider was super fun to play in all the modes.
1v1 was really fun for me rather than the 4v4 but I guess the 4v4 had it's perks too.

yes
yes
which vanguard are you talking about, also there is a meta, it is currently warlord/warden/pk/shinobi who are stupid fucking OP

Yeah, raider has been buffed into "really annoying to fight" tier. Everything he does is essentially a flicker.

Good news for you. Raider is actually one of the top characters in the game. Arguably top 2.

>Turtling Conq or Warlord
>50/50 spam Shinobi
>Mix-Ups PK

I respectfully disagree. Cent is nowhere near the level of aids some characters can achieve.

I'd say he's taken wardens place as the "bottom of the top". Struggles against the very top tier but has a good match up with the rest.

Raider like the others said, apparently I lucked out though. Warden did seem kinda fun to play too but I never got around to them yet.
Well fuck I don't wanna seem like some meta slave fag but playing them if they're just straight broken.
Probably the best in the hands of others but probably shit in my hands until I get a feel for them.

Also, is it best to main one or two characters instead of being flexible in the whole cast?

>implying warden wasnt the number one most OP character, equal to warlord

>people complain about turtle meta
>also complain about every character that has decent offense

Not according to the best players in the game, no.

I wouldn't give him Warden's spot, I would make them share it. They're both close to each other, but it's hard to say who is better.

(You)

>Dominion
>Enemy team breaking, got 3 of them already
>Last one is a shinobi
>Run away until the fucking timer runs out

As if Shinobis and PKs weren't enough

> Every character that has decent offense has the best punishes and benefits more from turtling

Not an unreasonable stance, from maining warden and swapping to cent he just feels a lot better against wardens shakey match ups to me. Being able to throw out fast lights from any direction and insane OOS pressure is just so nice against assassins, which were always a pain to deal with as warden.

I'd say main one or two. You'll never really master your character inside and out if you're bouncing between 5 of them.

So I've got the game a couple days ago and I have a question.
Is there some kinda trick to guarding and countering guard breaks? I keep dueling people that block every light attack I throw and counter my every guard break, but the timing on both of those things is so ridiculously small, I don't understand how they manage to not let even a single one slip in.
Hell, even when I see a guard break coming, I still miss the counter at least half of the time, yet I've yet to duel someone who let me guard break them once.

There's no trick, it's just practice.

Just practice really, this is a game you have to play a lot to stay in the zone. I feel like I can't even block basic shit when coming off of a break. Just keep playing and being aware of how you're fucking up and you'll get the hang of it.

>Dude you can't hate offensive characters, they break the turtle meta!
>Pls ignore that centurions best combo comes from turtling for a wall splat and he can't confirm anything without turtling

>Is there some kinda trick to guarding and countering guard breaks?
Mash guardbreak at least twice when you see the broken shield icon because hitting the button once doesn't always work.

Also, when your attack gets parried (on most characters with most attacks, but not always) you won't be able to counter it when someone guardbreaks you.

holy shit i cannot decide on cent stats.

Is it better to have all positive chest stats?
>def
>revenge def
>revenge duration

Should i just have negative revenge mode attack in order or have really high revenge gain?

Negative revenge duration is best, it lets you pop it more often in 1vX situations.

>No it's not

What the fuck am I looking at? can you please say, no it's not, and then show me it's not? Because it is when his action speed is fast as fuck, I can't tell what the fuck is happening once he starts. Hit - grab/unblockable - hit

>Guarantees 1 light attack. Heavies after kick are blockable.

I'm very aware you mong, the speed of his play after that light is still fucking crazy and either leads to me being stamina drained or another guaranteed hit.

>Uncharged guarantees nothing. It just drains some stamina.

Oh okay good thing it's just "just" drains some stamina, that thing that is extremely important in this game

>Charged guarantees a single leaping heavy. Both are dodgable unless you got hit by a fully charged heavy.

you've just chosen to neglect that and done what I've said you would and provided a quarter baked response. The window provided, as I've stated, is way too small to be consistently dodged, you'd have to be a very high end player and even then it's a hassle which is why I have to turtle so much, and it's extremely unfair to those new players who are given two options, play cent or shinobi or lose.

>None of his chains are guaranteed IIRC.

No but they are a cunt to to stop before they reach a point where they can mixup and unblockable, again, I'M NOT SAYING IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, I'M SAYING IT'S MUCH TOO DIFFICULT, what was that thing about half baked? whatever..

>You're the one making half assed responses here. I asked which attack you had trouble with so I could break down how to counter them.

And I told you all of them, don't just play the "I said it so it's right" game

I don't know how you missed a whole paragraph of me detailing what I find difficult about him. I can't cherry pick a certain attack when all of them are OP, I can honestly see these moves being viable but he needs an action speed nerf because I can barely react to all these pseudo guardbreaks kicks and punches.

I feel like people who only main one character are either a boring player or relying on a crutch. There's only so much you can learn and perfect so when I see a Rep 30 warlord I'm instantly judging you.

When I watched the tournament, iSkys was one of the only players to parry shit on top of being offensive.

Most pro players don't even parry, too much risk.

Which direction should I dodge against the centurions and faggots kick? I'm lawbringer if that changes anything.

Either side.

>mfw faggots think theyre "helping" when they sit on an objective

What if it's the objective on the enemy's side of the map?

>Mfw that faggot is me

if there all at B your team will just die then kill you.

>A and C are worth double what B is worth and won't be spontaneously lost when the enemy team is breaking
>whining when people defend those points
>calling the people actually contributing to the victory instead of deathmatching at B faggots

>double points
>stacks a lot over time
>combine this with competent teammates who also farm B and put pressure on enemy Zone and you get a lot of points

It's not hard. If everyone does their job, then there isn't an issue.

>1 person boosts his team's closest point while the other 3 go to B.
>3 man party fight and kill the 2 or maybe 3 enemies, then 1 remains to kill grunts while the 2 remaining allies rush C

Congratulations, you have just won dominion

>start dominion
>everyone goes to the same objective

>>A and C are worth double what B is worth

Wrong. Killing minions at B grants you as much score as boosting, if not faster.

It's much harder on more vertical maps though like High Fort and River Fort

killing soldiers gives you personal renown score, not score towards winning

also fuck off to league of losers, they arent called minions.

this game is so fucking boring

ur so fukin borin

no, he's right. You get one point per soldier. Try it at the start of the match before anyone takes a point.

>killing soldiers gives you personal renown score, not score towards winning

You're fucking retarded. Please go test it yourself, otherwise stop posting immediately.

This axe is so fucking cool

>100 to dead in half a stamina bar
AVE

Glorious Execution or Pollice Verso?

Yeah it's okay because it's not super gaudy.
I usually don't go for whole sets of weapons though

>not having two 10 second executions on your character at a time

Plebeian detected.

I'm a poorfag, I want both but I can only afford one right now because I want to save up for the new ones coming out soon.

cent is getting new executes?

Talking about the new ones for the old characters.

It's all down to preference since they're functionally the same.
If you want to be the most hair splitting, metagaming autist possible you can say that the one where he turns around is better because most executions are forward moving