/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

This thread is finished: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4y0NA_wE-vE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yurie is cute!

PURGE FILTH

Is this good enough

So, I've been thinking.

Is it really ludicrous the idea that Ebrietas is the Orphan of Kos? Let's think for a second:

>We know Mother Kos had a child
>In the Fishing Hamlet, the dwellers chant that "Mother's gone, her baby taken", signifying Mother Kos' baby has been taken away presumably by the Hunters
>Micolash claims that Kos granted eyes to Rom
>Rom is ascended kin, not a Great One. Kos made her into the Vacuos Spider we meet, and after she is dead her body can be seen in the Altar of Despair, where Ebrietas seems to grief her death
>Ebrietas is said to be a "left behind great one" and her name is literally DAUGHTER OF THE COSMOS.
>Micolash seems to indicate Cosmos is a name that Mother Kos also goes by
>Ebrietas is found beneath the Grand Cathedral, meaning she is a captive of the Healing Church (though I'm sure she could just bust out of there if she wished to)

Now, I know that the creature we find at the end of the Hamlet has no similarity whatsoever with Ebrietas physically, and OoK is presumably a He while Ebrietas is a She, but I don't think Great Ones are confined to the laws of gender the way we are. Maybe she has evolved into the form we meet her as, but as a child she was like that.

Think about it, DAUGHTER OF THE COSMOS, MOTHER KOSMOS. Makes sense doesn't it? And if Kos ascended Rom then maybe Ebrietas saw Rom as a remainder of her mother. Perhaps even as a sister, and when Rom died she griefs her death. The Altar is able to resurrect Annalise, but she's human. Rom is a much more intricate organism, without the power of a Great One she can't be brought back. Ebrietas was left behind, meaning she wasn't as powerful as her ascended brethren, perhaps because she grew in captivity by the Healing Church, unaware of her true power or even how to use it.

How tinfoil is that?

Put it at the end of the last thread like a fool.
Thanks for the great time guys.

youtu.be/4y0NA_wE-vE

Weaponfu

Tinfoil beyond belief. This smells like reddit.

>Is it really ludicrous the idea that Ebrietas is the Orphan of Kos
Yes, in the waking world the orphan died before its birth. Its umbilical cord was taken away.
Also Rom is a great one.

*butthurt autism*

People are calling it a shit weapon so much because they struggle against it and want to discourage other players from using it

Only one guy was calling it shit though.

Did that one user who posted the collection of characters and told people to post their stats ever include the new people in?

church pick shits on any big bosses. ebrietas, amy, etc etc

Did he post any proof that it was him? We might've been had.

you tools totally got had

>Wahhh I lost!!!
>don't you use this weapon /bbg/ unless you're a shitter because I'm bad and I want to discourage others from using it so I can have an easy time not having to learn

What a tard.

post retard killers

We could apply this to whatever weapon gets the next two minute's hate, too. Or old favorites like the LHB.

Welcome to the club

>every FC is now maximum saltiness

This is what happens when people sit on easy mode cookie cutter builds for over a year

>two minute's hate

Hey I'm reading that book right now

The dash R1 isn't difficult to avoid but it makes retards lose their mind

The point is that anecdotally claiming lots of people struggle with it doesn't do anything to prove the effectiveness of its moves. Anecdotally, lots of people get fucked by the beast cuttwr and tonitrus. Are they good, generally speaking? Fuck no. A saw or saif will assfuck you no matter how good you are.

If you really want a more comprehensive analysis of the weapon, the untricked r1 chain is a joke. Multipliers are good(in fact they're great for that whole mode) but the range is unforgiveably bad and the lack of tracking doesn't help. Again, the running r1 is alright, as it comes out pretty quick and has longer reach than the other attacks, and the r2 is good because of its multipliers and the hyper armour, but it's slow and predictable parry bait(like a worse untricked hmls r2). Tricked mode's l2 and dash r1s are spoken for, basic r1 chain is parry bait unless used for a rollcatch after landing a dash r1. The r2s are plain bad. Recovery is too long and they're far too slow.

Other weapons have more going for them. Whirligig, saws, saif, pick, hmls, rakuyo, wheel, parasite and arguably a few others are far more problematic. in fact i see way more people whining about cranston or even the fucking chikage than i do about the letter

"Parrybait" is the biggest buzzword of the century
It has nothing to do with the move itself and everything to do with how you use it

We can all agree this is the objectively the worst weapon in the game, right?

:')

>no one shits on your weaponfu

Nice

Boom hammer and beast claws

Which one is it, user?

The trick is to accept that some people are going to beat you, no matter what. It also helps to recognize that some weapons may just be better than your own, or stronger. Once you accept that, the salt just dissolves.

>Large, obtuse swings that are hard to dodge
>Massive damage
>An L2 that's basically an OHKO explosion
>Everybody and their mom just suddenly started using it a week ago, when the save editor became widely available

>Get mad when people are fed up with its bullshit

You're worse than any vilecuck, Brador.

The well done steak dinner and boomsandwich

I want to jump on the memewagon
How do I make a bloodletter build?

Reminder that a Bloodletter can reach over 1k AR while being fast and long.

14 Str, fiddy Blt. Start with Military Vet, grab 15 Skill for Chicago and Bowblade.

No one argues the Stake Driver like that. And the Boom Hammer is just too much fun.
However, steaks are best done at medium rare, in my experience at least.
Get enough Str for the Bloodletter, or the larger guns if you want. After that, Blt as a primary and however much Vit you think you need.

Minimum 28 strength and high bloodtinge. I have a build with 45/45 and oh man is clonking stuff with the untricked mode a hoot.

50 bloodtinge, 28 strength
Optional: high frenzy resist.

>easy mode cookie cutter builds

Every half-decent pvp build in this game is an "easy mode cookie cutter" build though. Ever played literally any other rpg? Bloodborne's stat system and overall character building is extremely narrow and limited.

Not true, it can't even reach 800 with OoS

Why 28 str? Is thatvjust to get some mildly decent physical damage?

It's always a bit sad when people get extremely mad and ragepost because I use or do something they don't like.
I'm not here to win a reward or anything, I just want to have a good time with my favorite weapons.

Gatling gun + decent untricked damage

Big guns and good untricked damage. People sleep on untricked Bloodletter, it does way more damage than anyone expects if you have high enough strength.

That and big guns. 14 Str minimum if you don't care about that stuff.

I'll get a little pissed over losing to a converted Saw Spear, but I'm not going to start screaming incoherently on a Mongolian sock puppet board about it.

Reminder that saws/saif are 710ish AR at 50/50, are buffable and much faster.

Meant for

Why buff in a FC? Unless you're using a low damage weapon like threaded cane or you invested points specifically for using EPS I don't see the point in trying so hard.

I wish I was here on DLC launch to see how much bitching about the saif there was

>Why buff in a FC?
I like my 800 AR hunters axe

It's been two years now and Orphan crawling out of its mother's carcass and crying at the moon is still the most harrowing thing that's ever been shown in a video game

I'm not advocating for buffs in fcs(I've sesn it though) lmao, I'm just stating facts. Saws/saif are buffable while already maintaining high ass ar and unreal speed.

Can you believe it?

no. its unbelievable

We still FCing? I'm back

What is the maximum dmg the Kirk can do on a lvl 100 build? I'm currently getting 870 ar.

t.Simon

>Tricked Wheel has a fifth R1

Huh. Over three thousand hours and I'm still learning new things. I love this game.

Enough

976 Blunt AR, 50/25 Str/Skl with 3 32.6% Blunts.

I tend to use the jump attack and R2 at least as much as I use dash R1. Fucking love them overhead slams

I never use the jump attack but I love R2+R2 and backstep R1.

>wheel backstep R2

I just wish it wasn't do fucking hard to get off a jump attack whenever you want to. Couldn't tell you how many times I attempted it and just did an R2

FC still going and where?

Loran
I don't think there are many players left

I just joined, so w/e

It's just that time where we slow to a crawl.

>page 9

post something
anything
post "gay butthole xd" it doesnt matter

gay butthole xd

anyone want to help with loran darkbeast? pass is bbg

Slow /bbg/ makes me sad.

On my way. If you get Segalt, kindly wait for me.

/bbg/ help

what hat goes well with the capeless student uniform

nothing i've tried looks good so far

Of course I do love you /bbg/

Gehrman's Hat, maybe. The Rumpled Hat seems a little too scruffy for the set.

Best weapon for fire conversion and why is it whirligig?

Here just in time for the fc to die down huh?

Stake Driver.

ROCKET

Church Rocket?

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

Huh?

I made an old version of Margle

God damn it at least it's easy to pick a bolt weapon (kirk). With fire I'm tossing between whirli, pick, saw, cuttah, and now steak dinner.

Farming gems for all is way too much RNG than I'm ready to deal with

If you're guy's an arcane build, use the Tomb Prospector gloves.
It'll give off a mad scienceish vibe

That's what I thought

Let me make the decision easier for you: Oil urns and rocket punches kill FRC Amygdala in three (3) hits.

Also a super edgy version

Milkweed head

Updated. Missing a few I still want to put, humble gold, battousai, steve buscemi, flynn...

No homo but I fucking love you