SAM 1.5 HAPPENING edition

Join the DBT discord if you want to attend SAM 1.5 at the Tail of the Dragon.
SAM 1.0 was a huge success so we decided to hold 2 per year to eternally btfo the yuros

Discord: discord.gg/ebB5aY3

>Motorcycle Crashes
>Motorcycle tips to rev fear in the hearts of antifa
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Kissing Booth
>Motorcycle Memes & Circljerking
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Leather Fetish
>Motorcycle Bashing
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Multi-Track Drifting
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

>/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:

a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAcjmaSH4y8&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw no bike
>tfw no license
>tfw no money

You idiots, I never wanted this before I came to dbt.

>you will never look as aesthetic as this

>Tenere
Post a real bike the Doctor Big you fool

neverevereverever

I like smaller bikes because my dick is big enough

The DR800 is the ultimate big dick bike

I really like how the elbow macaroni on this bike pokes out next to the wheel like that

That's the exhaust you dumb idiot

>spoked wheels
For what purpose?

Thats the joke you dumb idiot.

You forgot an apostrophe

>special edition exclusivity
>less weight

boys, boys, stop fighting and check those digits!

Still dumb. Forged magnesium or carbon fiber would make much more sense for a street bike.

It looks sexual
What more do you want

yeah but every street rossi faggotron has that.

for it to look sweet and loving and like it won't ever leave me

Iktf bro
20yo kissless virgin

>tfw only one year behind you
why are we still here?

Dunno

There's nothing wrong with you that can't be fixed by changing everything about yourself.

Or; you lack confidence. Learn to fake it till you make it. And you will. I reinvented myself around that age. It can be done.

How do you make it to 20 without even kissing a girl mate...
wtf are you satandards so far beyond your looks or something?

Maybe try lowering your standards to fit with how you yourself look, fat girls need love too.

No I just never talk to girls
I work alone and I don't have friends

Go to the pub...
make some friends...
meet some women...
seriously mate stop being a sad and pathetic piece of shit, going to end up necking yourself or something, thated be sadder than hearing you tried and failed.

Do you not go to school or anything? No offence but how do you not have friends

Fuck off auscuck

Or how about this you ride a bike don't you?
join a motorcycle riding community other than dbt, bikes are a great way to meet new people and make new friends...
friends are a great way to meet women...

No. Idk I just don't
I play games and read books and shit like that when I'm not at work

I hate bikers

t. 20 year old kissless virgin
At least i have a girlfriend who i watch have sex mate.

Go fuck a cane toad

Just kill yourself then, your life is going to be a sad and lonely one if you don't, whats the point of prolonging the same shit every day?

They are a problem for those sunburnt prick queenslanders.

Southern Australia is literally cuck land
Northern aus is so far superior it's not even funny

Why? I don't mind living I just don't have any social skills

Victoria is the only state worth mentioning, remembering that melbourne is a cesspool that does not get to be a part of it of course.

Wrong

Start doing other stuff then, go ride out to a bar for a drink or something and just start talking to people. I just don't see how someone can have 0 friends

Melbourne sucks but so does the rest of Vic
Now leave Spud user

Name 3 things about the north of aus that is better than the south, pro tip you can't

Nah victoria is pretty magical and i like it here i think ill stay.

Acquaintances are easy exactly how you say
Friends are hard. Tried and failed w that a lot lately
Making friends doesn't result in GF anyways

>I just don't see how someone can have 0 friends
Not him, but I can.
I grew apart from all of my friends from school and thought my ex was all I needed so I didn't event try making new friends.
I'm just now trying to get the motivation to do more social activities and meet new people.

1. It's not a liberal shithole
2. She's cute
3. Northern Aus!!!!

You do know Liberal in Australia is pretty much the same as Republican in America?
Labour is like the democrats, greens are just hippies.

Any Ontario anons gonna be at Mosport Speedway this weekend for the superbike races?

Forgot pic

How far do you deviate from the oil recommended for your bike? Also will there be any tangible difference between the 10w40 or 10w20 my fz6 recommends?

Too think oil won't flow fast enough to most heat away from important bits, might be too thick to properly fit into places, especially newer machines with tight tolrances. If you lived in the desert, I'd say go to 10w 30 but if you're anywhere reasonable, stick with the recommendation

When it comes to bikes I go with what they recommend. Dont fuck around with weights; bikes use that shit for the gears too (with very rare exceptions) and everything is carefully designed.

So aside from EXTREME conditions, don't deviate. These are not cars.

>I don't mind living I just don't have any social skills

Skills are learned, if you want to be social you have to try ( and fail often ), You'll get better at it and there are 8 billion people to practice on.

I am pretty sure that the higher weight oils are more viscous. So the 10w40 will be thicker than the 10w20 at hotter temperatures.
Therefore don't mix the oil weights unless your engine is clapped out or you live in an extreme temperatures.
I would always run recommended weight, and then choose the oil based off the additives or API scale that the manufacture recommends.

Thx for the encouraging words
Now post bikes

Read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie if you're a sperg, shit really helped me.

Keep trying then I guess. do you not go to car/bike meets? Play any sports? Have friends from highschool?
>Ditching your friends for your gf
Wew

Get your shit together. Get it all together...

How can people not maintain friendships? My best friend has been my bro since 8th fucking grade and I'm 39. Still have numerous *real* friends from other time periods as well.

I have taken a 24 hour class on that book, it was $3000 and I'm still a tard

I do have friends but like we don't do anything besides play games together and they're all gone to college so I don't see them irl much

The older you get the more work it takes to maintain friendships because everyone does have to go their own way for work and whatnot. But you do have to keep putting yourself out there as far as situations where you're gonna meet other people. Whatever hobbies you got, thats a start. Got a bike? Do a trackday! Don't wanna do a trackday? Do a group ride! There are all sorts of riders groups, and a lot are brand affiliated. Honda has a really strong community. The old Honda ads are not lying, you meet the nicest people on a Honda :)

Finally took a new pic in celebration of ridding myself of the shitty vw. Gave it away for free.

Bandit 12?

Can't beat black over red!

Holy fuck that's a good picture

Yep.
Now if only the paint was nicer, it'd look pretty dandy.
But there's small mechanical stuff I need to take care of before cosmetics.

Touring thru new england with some friends. Was riding a Speed Triple at the time. We used to go up there at least once a year and ride the coast and mountains.
Those things are beasts. Whats up mechanically? They are pretty simple al things considered.

Little shit like valve adjustment, wanna do the spark plugs. Only big thing is I may be having an issue with my clutch, not entirely sure.
It's more upright than I'm used to but it's a great bike. And hella comfy.

I can confirm this, seen one one the highway

What's the etiquette for shoulder riding? It's illegal here, but motorcyclists still do it and the cops don't do anything. At what speed should you remerge with traffic? What do you do when there's a crossroad, do you merge or do what a bicycle would do and stay to the side?

>forged magnesium or carbon fiber would make much more sense for a street bike
Until rock chips and corrosion get to them.

hi im gay

>rode on the shoulder once to pass
>debris almost made me eat shit
neveragain.png
Only time I'd ever ride shoulder if its super congested traffic and I'd go pretty slow

Don't be a cunt
Don't try to fly by super fast
Don't do it when there's room to get between cars because that's how you get nails in your tires.

shoulders are pretty dirty. Bicycle lane, on the other hand, is usually clean in good shape.

Depends where you live, thinner oils for colder areas thicker oils for hotter areas, 10w40 is thicker than 10w20 so if you live somewhere really cold you would go the 10w20 over the 10w40.
You can not mix 10w20 and 10w40 oils together though.
personally i use motul 7100 10w40

did a 4 hour trip yesterday and my street triple is covered in bug splats and shit

whats the best way to clean em off and clean my bike in general and make it nice and shiny

>10w40 is thicker than 10w20

No no no no...

The first number is cold viscosity. They are both 10, and will flow the same when you cold start the motor.

The second number is hot viscosity. When hot, one is a 20 weight and the other is 40. Unless the manufacturer has a preference, you would generally use the thicker oil (40 wt) as it will lubricate better, maintain better pressure, and form a better hydrodynamic boundary in your bearings.

that sounds more right, im thinking 5w40 vs 10w40 aren't i

I use dish soap, in a bucket of hot water I drag outside from the kitchen sink.

This, elbow grease is the best way to be rid of bugs. that or get some bike spiders, they eat the dead bugs.

youtube.com/watch?v=sAcjmaSH4y8&

HNNNG. Anons, why is every single road in Japan so good?

>tfw u will never smash the fuck out of the C1 loop

Post spuds

Western NC*
Ftfy

Dish soap will strip any wax from your paint. Use car wash soap.

Get some bug dissolver and apply before washing.
Dish soap will wreck your shit

I use windex or multi purpose surface cleaner that's meant for dusting your house and stuff on my plastics. Spray it on and let it soak for a bit to soften up the bugs and dirt so it doesn't scratch up your shit then wipe it down. It also makes your bike smell nice

Regular Windex will also fuck your shit. Make sure you get the auto version

Also
>Riding downtown at night keybanging at every stoplight scaring the shit out of people
Carbs win again

Can't do whoops, climbs or jumps so you rev bomb at grannies on suburban streets?

drz's sound like a fart in a can too so probably just making people feel embarrassed for you really.

>Can't do whoops, climbs or jumps
Its almost like I have a bike for that
>Rev bomb
What is a backfire
>Drzs sound like a fart in a can
Backfire=/=exhaust note
Point to where the sumo touched you/beat you on the touge

Thanks guys. I have a dual sport with big knobbies so debris doesn't bother me. I rode the shoulder today because it's stop and go traffic on a hill with the lane sloping. I found it really difficult to slip the clutch on a hill and still maintain balance with the rode sloping to the side. I figure if I'm going about road cyclist speed and not over 40k/hr, I should be good. I just don't want to be a douchebag.

t. man who is salty because he doesn't own a sumo

>he hasnt welded a spark plug in his exhaust to make it shoot flames at grannies
it's like you aren't even trying

>go through nightride in farmland on DRZ
>so many bugs
>SO MANY FUCKING BUGS
>end up hunkering down and wiping smeared bugs from my visor for the second half of the ride

6/10 was still bretty fun

>welded a spark plug in his exhaust
Does this work? Because I'll fucking do it.

this desu famirino

also how do I make a whistle tip

Is that bike supposed to sound like that?

You would have to have your bike running really rich and have unburnt fuel going into the exhaust, but yes

does the rsv have electronically controlled suspension?im assuming it has tc,abs, forged wheels?

Yeah it works, thats how you make cars shoot flames without 1000 horsepower.

Doubt it comes with forged wheels. That shit is expensive