Vortec Engines

Hey, Veeky Forums. I just picked up pic related and its got a stock 5.3 in it. I really like it, but I've noticed that it's a lot quieter than my old 4.8 was. I'm not an expert on these things, but is there anything I can do/replace to make the 5.3 have the same satisfying startup and low rumble idle that a stock 4.8 does?

Thanks, lads.

>not getting the 6.2

cam and straight pipe

Your 4.8 may have had an exhaust leak, hole in the muffler or something. My 4.8 was dead quiet.

Straight pipe

Remove mufflers

Don't tell me what to do

The 4.8 is just a destroked 5.3. same block and everything. If your 4.8 was louder you might have just had an exhaust leak or something

It's all about the exhaust. Stop by a muffler shop and they'll hook You up

remove mufflers and gas yourself

My 4.3 made it to 253k and was still going when I sold it. Good line of engines.

funny you should mention that

uh

yeah you know what

i recall smoke coming out of the pipe in front of the muffler last i checked

Knowing that truck, I'm not surprised, but man did it ever sound good. Not obnoxiously loud, or really any indicator that something was wrong, but it was what you'd expect from a decent V8.

Time to go tenderize a porcupine, I guess.

>6.2

What a weird way of typing 8.1

>8.1

What a weird way of typing "should of went diesel at this point"

>"should of went diesel at this point"

What a weird way of typing "Jeep braaaah"

>should of
What a weird way of typing "should have"

diesel fumes aren't good for the brain

What a weird way of remaining upright.

goddamn

tfw no diesel burban

Hello brother.

>not running the biggest stacks you can.
Oh sweetie!

>sweetie posting

More proof diesel isn't good to breath in.

Stock, the 4.8 and 5.3 sound so similar. No one can tell the difference. Your 4.8 musta had other things going on with it.

I fucking love these trucks man. I wanted to get a cat eye Chevy this time around, but this Sierra was too nice to pass up.

how much was it?

This

Faggot shit. I'd rather have a big block.

She was $10K CAD because it only had 41XXX km (25XXX miles) on it.

A very nice find, I think.

>8.1
Can't get in most of the lighter models.

I get the km are low but thats a lot of money in southern ontario you can get a nice one with a diesel for 10-12k. I got a white one in similar trim for 8k with 200k i put tires and rims on it drove it till they were at 50percent and sold it for 10k then bought a newer one

Sage

Don't be a cheap ass by cutting mufflers out and deleting shit, in the end your truck will sound like shit. It's gonna sound like you cut some shit out or an exhaust leak, believe me.

I recommend replacing chambers for high performance units. i.e. muffler swap, cat converter swap, resonator swap, etc.

I had a 4.3, just get a Y pipe, no mufflers, and cowboy duals out the back. Tips do a lot for sound too. If my 4.3 sounded amazing, a V8 will be better.