/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official Steam, Discord, or IRC group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam, discord, or IRC groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 21st of May:
293 – Roman Emperors Diocletian and Maximian appoint Galerius as Caesar to Diocletian, beginning the period of four rulers known as the Tetrarchy.
878 – Syracuse, Sicily, is captured by the Muslim Aghlabids after a nine-month siege.
879 – Pope John VIII gives blessings to Branimir of Croatia and to the Croatian people, considered to be recognition of the Croatian state.
996 – Sixteen-year-old Otto III is crowned Holy Roman Emperor.

>News
CK2 DD 17/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-51-the-roof-of-the-world.1021920/unread

EU4 DD 16/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-may-2017.1022208/unread

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - MEIOU
mediafire.com/file/9bpv3lg9jl597dm/M&T_v1.99.01.7z

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/aSdMJ712
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like the other poor devils in China, India and Japan, a great new field for sweatshops to be opened up, so that these new industries which we are creating in Britain today will be destroyed as the old industries were, simplified, rationalised machinery, with a few white surveyors, and then the masses of cheap, coloured labour, torn off the land and taken into the sweatshops to work and labour, and cough their guts out with tuberculosis until they too are thrown on the scrapheap of the sweatshops. Is that worthy of Britain? Is that to be the future of Europe? And is this competition to be organised within our European brotherhood? Bringing in these sweat-fields in Africa into our Europe civilisation, so that the financial power in one European country can use it against the financial power in another? Or the great financial central power of the world, now shifted from the City of London to Wall Street, New York? Shall be able on the mass of money, of wealth and of power which it brings to it? Again and again to exert it's influence in politics? Until that you see the day, it is childish nonsense to say that a British government rules Britain! Its nothing to do with British government or the British people! The government of the world is the financial government! The power of money, and of money alone!

La Plata

Croatian fascists have awoken.

check filename

Meh, seems like a pretty garden-variety kaiserreich to me tbqh.

That Romania though, THAT is impressive.

>no (((yugoslavia)))
based

So here's why I feel okay about getting into GP status based solely on my prestige.

The UK gypped my out of the fucking Canal, so I teched up and went to war over it. For four years, the brave sons of Central America trekked up and down their lands, throwing invading armies back into the sea. At the time of this conflict I was a SP with only 1.92 million pops and I went into massive debt financing the war, with casualties totaling 1.5% of the entire population.

But in the end, I managed to both take the Canal and humiliate the UK. Holy shit was that a lot of prestige, both winning the battles and getting the humiliation at the end. Furthermore I had jumped on them when they were fighting WW1 against France and Russia, which they won about halfway through this war. That meant I actually eclipsed both those countries for a little while because they were both dismantled.

>playing Cherokee
>going for No Trail of Tears again, hoping France won't wreck my shit this time
>1500 comes
>Colonialism doesn't happen
>1510 comes
>Still no Colonialism
>1520 arrives
>Colonialism still yet to activate

What the hell's happened? Did France eat Spain and Portugal before they could discover America? Did Spain and Portugal just decide that looking for the New World was for losers?

Either way, the longer those bozos go before discovering my continent, the more chance I have to lock off the coast of the 13 Colonies and upgrade my tech while my Institution malus is only at 100%.

What are you going to do, then, make a new submod for HPM or make a new mod that's standalone?

i'm making a new submod for HPM
and it's an actual submod instead of just being a modded version of hpm
expanding on that, it only includes modified files (just like the zombie mod) and it needs to be activated together with HPM for it to work
it's much easier to update in the future with that

What's the earliest you've ever seen the Protestant Reformation happen in EU4?

This is probably the earliest it's ever happened for me.

Sorry I missed this, been a bit busy recently. We will be making some changes within the week.

Here was the other major war I fought, when Mexico and its buddy America got pissed that the Yucatan applied for statehood in the FRCA. They quickly blitzed that state before I threw them back at great cost at the battle of Belize. The frontline stabilized across Tuxtla and Villahermosa where it turned into a bloody stalemate.

For a year and a half, massive American armies threw themselves at the Centro defenders who were dug deep into the harsh jungle terrain. I had to constantly cycle troops in and out because they died too quickly. I would send in a stack of 30k and it would be down to 7k in two months, at which point I would switch it with one of the reserve armies. Utter hell. But hey, the good guys won and I got the rest of Chiapas out of it in the end.

I'm surprised the Americans didn't try to circumvent your frontline with a large naval invasion. They have enough ships to do it.

Yeah, that's the best way to do it. Good luck.

You should include a decision where communist powers with uncivilized puppets can spend wealth and lose a percentage of their intellectuals (I do 2% lost per puppet) in order to start an MTTH to civilize and proletarianize the puppet. There's never been solid mod support for an international.

I can give you my mod files that do as much that another user mostly made for me if you'd like. It's all quite sloppy but if you're interested in including a decision chain like that it'd be better than starting out on it all on your own.

>You should include a decision where communist powers with uncivilized puppets can spend wealth and lose a percentage of their intellectuals
i already have that code, actually, i made it a while back
are you the user who asked me to do it? pastebin.com/aSdMJ712

Based

r8

What's the roster as of right now? I only ever saw the one user make any suggestions.

Oh shit, look at that. Yeah, it was me. I modified it a bit since then but it's mostly the same, just added some modifiers, checks, and some localization.

It's going to feature in the AAR next month.

Are you AARnon? Will the next AAR be commie Britain then?

I like this world. Believable/10.

Have you considered creating a DH mod based off of it similar to Kaiserreich?

DELET

I forgot I said it was Britain, fuck me. Yeah it's commie Britain, hopefully most people won't notice this. I still want it to be something of a surprise.

Proper thread

IIRC I was blockaded for pretty much the duration, but it seems when the AI has the ability to reach you via land it'll always prefer to do that over landing troops.

Don't worry its dead at this hour and thread wars are starting, this thread'll be gone soon.

Will you be cucky Trotskyist/SJW or BASED tankie Stalinist?

I'm going to keep everything else close for now. I didn't even mean to blow this much, it's just late and I have no self-control. You'll see what the plan is when it actually happens. Although to be frank, with the exception of a very basic goal I have no clue what I intend to do post-1900. I expect I'll just wing it based on circumstances.

I never thought it would be the case, but I'm actually really in the mood to do another CK2 AAR. Way less in the way of specific goals that I have to play towards.

Thanks lad. And no I don't know anything about modding, unfortunately. Also even more unfortunately my steam version of DH just loves to crash on me, never bothered pirating it either.

I hope they'll pick this thread. It has more quality posts than the other one.

Anyone got advice for modding vicky 2? I'm trying to create a mod that overrides parts of HPM but it's got two problems.
1: the localization text I made isn't being displayed
2: it isn't actually overriding the part of HPM I want it to. I was hoping that using the same filenames as HPM would do it but no dice.

Will you ever play based EU4?

bumping proper thread, fuck r&i the eternal autist

No, because I would only play it with M&T, and with M&T it would take far too long due to the extra time. I enjoy EU4--in small doses--but it wouldn't be a good game to do an AAR for. I'm much more likely to do DH or CK2 as the AAR after this, although I haven't decided yet and may leave it to a poll.

Well depends on the AAR I suppose. As I've always said, EU4 is good as a fantasy game, but its pretty shit if you want a realistic experience. Throw in some satanists, sunsets, etc off of CK2 into EU4 as well as the custom nations and you got yourself a fun fantasy game where you play as nations. Pretending its a realistic historical simulator is retarded though.

M&T makes it better, although of course it's never completely (or even really somewhat) accurate, and that's a problem. CK2 is blatantly a fantasy game with some general historical outlines and precedents, and that's what makes it tolerable. EU4 is none of that and never was.

The only way I would ever play EU4 as an AAR is probably if I were to do a mega campaign, but I simply won't ever have the time or the patience for that. Even if I did, I wouldn't be satisfied with a simple conversion with no flavor, and I know it'd wind up devolving into a shitshow when I tried to add flavor to it. It's better that I just stick to the games which are suited to AARs--especially my style of AARs, which tend to be personal and anthrocentric.

Wouldn't you say EU4 is the blatantly fantasy game, whereas CK2 is at least somewhat more grounded in reality?

That is early, what's the latest you've ever seen it though?

I've once had it spawn in 1520 when I was colonizing so I got a lot of free development it was a good game