/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Wasn't invited to the party
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJWQtEApYok
youtube.com/watch?v=LDT9CLaj1fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Estoc vs Lothtic Knight Sworf

Pvp?
Pve?
What's best?

Also how can I improve this build? Thinking of putting ATT to 13 so I can cast blessed wep 3 times

is bloodlust good or is it just a meme weapon

LKSw

What?

You have no parrying tool?

fucking around in mugenmonkey, I've noticed that at 50 str the normal upgrade paths always have less AR than chaos with 10 humanity. What is the point of STR builds if this is actually the case? Am I missing something with proper damage calculations?

Both are great in PvP especially at shield-turtling, LKS has a more versatile moveset and has more range but Estoc can deal good damage if you fish for Leo Ring counter hits. For PvE the LKS definitely has the advantage as Straight Sword R1 DPS can't be beat.

It's the worst katana in the Souls series which makes it an alright weapon on its own.

I'm shit at parry. I suppose I can throw in a caestus

What is parrying?

LKSw = Lothric Knight Sword

It is better for PvE and PvP both.

Pure damage vs Split damage. Split has to go through two sets of defenses.

Ok, I'll stick with my current weapon choices. If I were to boost this to 120, what should I do? I'd like to play the ringed city with this character.

split damage between fire and physical is the downside
when attacking it checks defense for both physical and fire and applies the defense to both, which gives enemies two factor defense against your attacks
but chaos is still really good

Does it make sense to ever buy a large titanite shard when you can just buy firebombs and trade them instead?

If you boost that to 120 just get your Dex to 75-80 and put the rest in Endurance. Switch out Ring of Steel Protection and Milk Ring for Life Ring+3 and Lloyd's Shield Ring and swap them out for Chloranty and Sun Princess during PvP when you take a hit, or dedicate a slot to Prisoner's Chain if you want more room for levels.

can only trade once

you can only trade each item once with crow

so how does this work in practice, is there a point at which chaos outdamages pure str?

Trading the Firebomb is so that you can get a Large Titanite before you even leave High Wall. If you get the second one by plinking the wyvern until it leaves, and then farm Lothric K***hts for small shards, you can have a +4 weapon as you enter Und*** Settlement.

depends on the enemy and the type of weapon you're using

like for example, if you're using a chaos strike weapon, you'll do more damage with a normal strike weapon against an enemy that resists fire, and if the enemy is resistant to both strike and fire, you're really fucked. The weakness in chaos is that now it's possible for enemies to be doubly resistant to your damage, but at the same time it's possible for enemies to be doubly weak to your damage. It all depends on the enemy, but if an enemy is weak to both fire and strike in this case, you'll do more damage than a normal +15 weapon. But at the same time, if a +15 strike weapon and a +5 chaos weapon hit the same enemy, and the enemy resists fire and strike, the +15 strike weapon will do more damage.

Which resin is best to buff your weapon with in PvP?

is mound-makers good for doing comfy friendly invasions

will people just try to kill me on sight if i invade or is there anything i can do to tell people im friendly

The meta is human.

Lightning. The absorption you get from END is pathetic anyway.

9 times out of 10 they will try to kill you on sight because, let's be honest, 9 times out of 10 you're tyring to kill them.

Dark Pine resin is the go to choice unless they are an obvious Faith or Pyro build. For the former use Pale Pine and the latter use Charcoal Pine.

If you have a name which makes your good intentions obvious and also arn't a filthy caster then I think it wont be a problem

I would have thought this would be the worst resin to use because of END and also most armor seems to give quite a bit of lightning def.

Or, ya know, just use carthus flame arc

Does the small leather shield have the same parry frames as parrying shields?

is power within any good in ds3?

>if you invade with red eye orb as mound-maker you can't kill enemies
>tfw can't help out hosts by invading them and clearing out rooms before they show up and leaving items behind
not gonna lie, im pretty peeved about this

lol

That could be considered extreme griefing since some players wouldn't want you to clear the area for them. They want that challenge for themselves.

I put my sign down a couple of times tonight
the first 2 or so were people killing me right away
the others I went and helped the host until they died from random shit
its decent and if you aren't in a PvP area and show them you are helping them it should be fine

Champion Gundyr aka spammy, extreme tracking lame fight nr 900.

just parry him

>extreme griefing
sounds hardcore

I mean, invading as a whole is just a legitimized form of griefing. Then there's griefing as a co op phantom by just not helping with the boss, leaving the host to fight a tougher opponent.
The fact that he can hit you while you're on the ground when you have zero chance to dodge or move is fucking trash.

they shouldn't have made it so mad phantom signs appear purple then. maybe that would make being a summoner a gamble.

purple signs are just cheap red soapstone signs

of course i'm going to save art of my own character man.

i don't know why but i'm really attached to the picture for some reason.

jesus christ this is the people in this general
literally just press circle, rolling has so many iframes now and you are now guaranteed able to roll out of a combo after two attacks, because FROM had to pander to the lowest common denominator (you) in this fucking trash cash cow of a game so that filthy casuals (you) would buy it. Wouldn't want someone to actually have difficulty due to lack of skill, would we?
and yet, you still manage to fuck up. You're a waste of skin. Lower than man, human scum. Kill yourself, casual.

getting Summoned for Gael, use warmth on him during the second phase.

>in invasion
>another red invades
>awesome! backup is here
>the cunt attacks me
>spend a good 5 minutes chasing him down and killing him
>meanwhile the host goes back to summon more phantoms

Why do people do this? I doubt that he's friends with the host and just happened to invade his world.

Dark damage as dark resistance scales off faith and most good shields have poor dark resistance which allows you to chip through them better

don't force your romance on us, kiddo.. i'm here to kill, and it doesn't matter who..

lead him back to host, and use avelyn on him.

Give me difficulty all you want, but don't throw massive attack chains at me, that's just lame. I have defeated him multiple times, but he is just so lame every time. roll roll roll roll roll roll roll hit roll roll roll roll roll roll roll.

Is that fun gameplay for you? It's a snorefest.

r8

people are edgelords and dont like sharing victories, though doing this usually leads to being killed by the other red phantom or the host

take the untrue dark ring off, padre

It's illogical to attack fellow invaders, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Even if you're low on estus let the guy do some damage to the host.

We must cleanse the Vaterland of all darkness, in the name of Lord Gwyn

Please tell me you're just rp'ing and that you're not actually one of these cunts.

hheh, you underestimate me, kid.. i can take the host alone.. you're useless..

>people still cant tell between a invader and a host.

Are you bad at the game? You sound bad at the game.

Gundyr has plenty of openings in his attack strings for you to get hits in. You don't have to wait until the end of them.

Personally I really struggled with him as a boss on my first play through, but I still found it refreshing that there was finally a boss that had some real aggression and didn't let up

I finished my build were do I put the extra 85 points?

>thinking of build ideas for using the demon's fist in pvp
>finally decide on using a caestus in my second right hand slot, and a weapon skill shield in my left hand
>use caestus weapon art, then quickly switch to demon's fist
>unstaggerable flame whirlwind
this shit is much more fun than it has any right to be

>r8

Rating 0

>give me difficulty all you want
>don't let the enemy attack me
>roll roll roll
yep, you're casual trash. A good fix to this would be eliminating iframes, fixing hitboxes and either increasing stamina use of rolls or setting a cooldown. It didn't happen because casual scum like you would complain about it being difficult. You think you're so hardcore, but in truth you're just an effeminate little boy who doesn't know what he wants. You would bitch and moan if the game forced you to get good instead of spamming circle, because in reality, you aren't capable of anything more.

RP-fag, doesn't matter if you can take him on, an advantage is still an advantage.

Assuming you're the guy with the comfy looking Crow Quills character, then yeah, I like how that one turned out as well. It's the only one I drew that doesn't have completely fucked up proportions, plus the pose is pretty sassy. I just saw the reference pic and thought he looked smug as hell.

now that's edge

my sword hand hungers for blood.. i can't stop myself..

99 luck so you'll actually get ear drops for the darkmoon blade ;_;

Consider the "get hit while on the ground" attack part of the combo and dodge better
>getting this mad someone is bad at vidya

>you're voting against your own interests!!!
>let me vote for you, you don't know what you need!!!
roll home to eat your mother's milk, the weak have no voice

>eat milk
what

You have to go back..... to the BBG. We only hunger for souls here.

If that is your experience you're basically only attacking him when he has a huge opening. Most bosses have tons of small openings for you to exploit.

the real substance of milk is undissolved particulate. If you can say that the milk solids are the essence of the milk, you can say that you are eating milk.

Well I am a Fascist.

If other phantoms drop tongues, sure, kill them. But if not, your retardation will stop mommy Rosy from getting the host's tongue. Do you really want that?

Well, I'm shooting you through the head the moment you set foot on my property. Get fucked, faggot.

Lactose tolerant superiority

I don't bother going to trailer parks

rate fashion

I want to give DS2 one last shot. What build should I go for? Already done STR and quality.

MOMMY
user WANT UNDISSOLVED PARTICULATE ESSENCE RIGHT NOW!

Just know that if you ever violate the NAP, I will be there. No matter what it takes, I will destroy you.

You a fan of 80's rock?

And if you are using a slow weapon you get a boot/shoulder in the face. With a fast weapon he is easy. I've never said anything about the difficulty.

Same thing, can't do that shit with something slower.

>eliminating iframes, fixing hitboxes and either increasing stamina use of rolls or setting a cooldown.

I'd love that. Reducing the spammyness of DS3 would be fantastic.

where is your hat
dark souls 3s will become sick and perish without their hats

MOMMY MOMMY
BABY WANT MILKY
GIVE BABY MILKY RIGHT NOW
WAHAAHHH
WAAAHHHHH
GIVE BABY MILKY MILKY MOMMY

kek, antifa-user thinks he can take on Fashy-user

>NAP
>antifa

evangelist hat y/n

Go hexes, get the Sunset Staff and Dark Orb from Felkin early on and blitz PvE and use the Roaring Halberd and Fume Sword as your main weapons, Sacred Chime Hammer and Crypt Blacksword too if you invest in STR.

try pharis hat
or old sorcerer hat

>Same thing, can't do that shit with something slower.
youtube.com/watch?v=dJWQtEApYok
Whoa Champion Gundyr is so spammy with his attacks I have to wait so long for an opening help!

>eliminate i-frames, aka the only real defensive option in pvp
good idea

>>>>>>>pvp
Demon's Souls

If that forces the creators to finally pull their shit together and fix all the broken hitboxes, yeah go ahead.

How does armor work with downscaled phantoms?
do they just keep all the absorption so my low level build does such shit damage?

Dark Souls 3 bosses are too aggressive. The previous games where you can hug the boss's crotch and spam R1 are better. Rolling is a QTE.

I had no idea that you could just walk circles around him and have him miss the kick and shit. No idea what it is but he felt way more aggressive, and tracked way harder. I did practically the same move with his charge but he just pulled a 180 and hit me.

Can anyone on PC drop me a Yorshka's Chime? I don't feel like killing her, I might use this character to farm DMB later on. Please.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDT9CLaj1fg
Whoa really can't do shit with anything slower than a straight sword.

So what's the optimal level for Crucifixtion Woods blue summons? I'm level 30, I can easily invade as a red and less frequently as a watchdog. But I never get invaded myself nor summoned as a blue phantom. So I'm guessing I need to level up a bit - would 40 be good?