freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/
youtube.com/watch?v=9aHQnDTd1y4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

man, im fucking blazing through these.

Posting itt.

Is the text too edgy/cheesy or is it alright?

Looking good, man.

Its amature, fanfiction tier.

needs the giant dad mask

>UE4: unrealengine.com

How do i start learning this? I never programmed game or anything, i have few ideas, but i dont know where to start. For example i learned to use photoshop, because i needed to modify fix photos at work, i also learned some blender at work as well (modeled few models and did composition of them in photos), but i dont know where to start with ue4, should i come up with some game concept at try to do its mechanics in blueprint? Seems like most obvious solution, instead of just watching youtube tutorials like a zombie

I'm making a pretty hardcore game.
It is also a match 3 game.
Am I an idiot for mixing a genre whose fanbase is almost entirely casual with mechanics that are very much not? This thing basically has no target audience.

Holy hell your game looks really sweet! What is it with aggydaggy actually making good-looking games nowadays? I've been away for quite a while.

Well shit, not sure how to fix this.

Do any of you guys know how you get to the streaming area in wizmud?

Networking progress

I got a pretty solid thing going now. What this is,
>A class behaviour that you can spawn 1 of for a player over the network using Unity's UNet
>To use it, just extend the base and setup the abstract methods
>Gives every player a unique integer ID to identify you by
>Gives you a single point to send networking messages to every other client
>OnPlayerConnected/Disconnected that every client can use (normally only the server gets those events)
>You can still use UNet however you want, this just gives you an additional thing you can use

Other things I've made
>Interfaces used where needed so you can customize how stuff is handled
>Created all the generic implementations of how I'll end up using it

Things to do
>Create an example and documentation to show how I want to use it
>Add in sending messages over specific channels (UNet lets you specify an int 0-32 for channels with different protocols)

Pic related, it's the example implementation of the networking hub + a testing script that sends messages

you can learn UE4 but you will never make something meaningful in it because it's designed for teams of large size. if you really want to make a game learn C# and then Unity

what mechanics?

costs are way too high.
Unless there's a reason for them to be that high, it's hard to process large numbers like that mentally

If you haven't noticed last time nobody cares about programming progress.

>HashCodeWhatTheFuckAmIReadingOmgHereComesAGenericParameter

>LPV would be a pretty good solution for a procedural game
Any suggestions on where I'd start if I wanted to implement that in Unity?

I also need to do some optimizations.
I have some classes marked struct, but I'm not completely sure if it'll improve performance that much.
Also I'm using Coroutines, so I need to use the improved Coroutines package that optimizes them. Can't have garbage being created everywhere due to coroutine usage.
Though I may instead create a 2nd thread for sending networking messages if that works.

Unfortunately it wasn't able to figure out that the generic type was "ExampleMessageType" from the parameter which made it way longer than it needed to be.

I may make the "HashCodeTypedNetworkHubMessage" be just "NetworkHubMessage" since it's the one I'll be using the most

Think your world and relations between characters (world itself is a character) through before you drop behaviors and story arcs on paper. Think of why something you wrote is happening and how it affects everything.

Starting to believe the amount of likes on tumblr is not related to the quality of what you post at all.

I think it's alright, it is what I'd expect from a game that is played on a modified version of notepad.

GOOD

Which game?

That's pretty interesting
how did you achieve the whole balancing thing?

Ah right. There is a build up but I didn't show it because it's not finished yet. But I guess it does make the gif confusing.

anyone knows if pow(2, x) can be optimized for the special case of 2 with bit fiddling or something?

yaeh make it a bit shift

1u

what if i format it like "10.000 / 100.000 / 50.000"? prices themselves are not going down, they're tied to the score you get during the game.

Try replacing the trailing three zeroes with a 'k'.

i actually find that more confusing.

first, ignore this dumb fuck:
second, go here:
docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Videos/

and here

docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/

The twin stick shooter series is a good start

Currently working on a randomly generated dungeon game.

Trying to get something minimum working, but even that is a lot of moving pieces.
Currently working on the Networking since that'll be needed for the gameplay parts. Already did most of the generation and in the last few weeks improved my algorithm for creating dungeons.
Once networking is all set, I'll be moving onto the character controller, followed by the combat system

>pic related, old example of a dungeon being generated. There's 150 rooms here (too many) and the room shapes are just examples

this post was meant for you

That would probably be better, any form of delamination like "," or "." would help visually

or you can do I'd go with the first option since it keeps the large number feel without making it hard to tell if you're off by a factor of 10 when buying something

I think that other poster is right. Large numbers are hard to parse purely because they're large. Having very high scores feels good but using such large numbers are currency does not. Converting them to Ks, or eventually Ms, sounds like a good idea. Sorta like you go from cents to dollars.

>without making it hard to tell if you're off by a factor of 10 when buying something
You could remedy this simply by also displaying your points in the same format while in the shop.

>popstar backup dancers.webm

Sure, but "100M" vs "100K" doesn't feel as good as "100,000,000 vs 100,000"
A sense of progress is a good thing for a player to feel. It does way more than you'd expect it too. See cookie clicker for example

Nice, keep it up

I like it

Probably way more effort into this than people are giving you credit for
Don't listen to the haters, it seems pretty cool

proof that the he's wrong

do you happen to know how to modify root motion from a custom written animation node? all the documentation for the animation apis are blank

so? 1M progress to 10M progress to 100M

This is a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is there anyone familiar with Unreal Engine that can tell me why games using that engine will stutter when loading new parts of the map on Windows 10?

These games ran fine when I was still on Windows 7, but now on the latest Windows 10 build with the latest Nvidia drivers, every game that uses it hitches.

Who's the Thom Yorke of gamedev AGDG?

it feels so wrong

You mean to say 100K progresses to 1M
That feels completely different than 100,000 progresses to 1,000,000

The first case, the number gets smaller visually,
The second case, not only does the number get bigger, but it has more "," every 3 digits

Why is there a funny dog in your horror game?

but why

Not him, but that's wrong.

>100,000 - 1,000,000
Huh, didn't I level up?

>100K - 1M
Fucking finally.

It felt pretty damn good getting that first 1G in wow.

The doghead on the right looks bad.

I'd wager it's a Silent Hill reference.

from game to meme game in 1 step
10/10 it was ok

>redditors traveled back in time to insert shitty memes into old games
they've gone too far

Dog was there the game from day 1, don't worry about the earthquake woofs

We can agree to disagree

I stand with the full number because it'll continue to grow while the K/M representation will max out at 4 characters.

another one.

Spent all day trying to figure this out. But now I have my lock on and my enemies will stop shooting at the end of their burst if you're dead or behind cover.
The lock on has no priority yet, though.

How do they know if you're behind cover?

They're psychic.

After they shoot, they do a line trace towards you and if the trace hits something other than their current target then they reset their target to nothing.

Will that cause a slow shooting person to follow someone behind cover, but then inexplicably turning away when they detect that as they are about to shoot, or after?

>stealing ideas from other anons
I'm going to sue!

What's your favorite metroidvania, and what's your favorite part OF metroidfanias?

>your favorite metroidvania
Mine when I'll be able to get good art.

Yes I guess? They'll chase you until they're done shooting their volley and only at that moment after will they decide to keep chasing or not. I suppose I could run a check between each shot if it gets annoying.

>not challenging the dragon so you can prove yourself worthy enough for him to steal your heart and give you superpowers

ISHIGGYDITTY

But I think it's pretty cute as it is. Having novel-tier writing accompanying ASCII art would actually be more jarring.

I sure hope I get... huh?

And thanks.

Have you played Exanima? You should really check it out.

>a wheel with guns
I'll steal that too!
Damn man that looks fun. Though it looks a little easy to avoid the targeting reticle on the last bit.

I don't post that often, but I thought I would post some progress now, because I think I managed to fix most of the problems with networked movement being jittery. It was a pain in the ass because most of it came down to not the algorithm used for reconciliation, but a typo. Anyway, I'm gonna get back to working on powerups for the rest of the day.

>I sure hope I get... huh?

Ja weet ik veel

't is "I seriously hope you guys don't do this", die zie je hedendaags niet zo veel meer, maar een paar jaar geleden was dat overal.

release
when

What's a really out there supernatural monster I could use?

man perpetually on fire

this

Posted on /3/ by mistake.
How am I doing?
No triangles,2968 quads.

Looks kinda different, doesn't it?

I don't know :(

Not really

dunno if that's the perspective, but nose on the photo looks a lot shorter

P R O G R E S S

Implemented a dynamic camera system. Still needs a ton of refining, but the basics are there.
>Looks a bit ahead where the player is facing
>Focuses on the last floor where the player stood
>Detects drops/gaps and shows the lower landing area

You are correct it is in fact the perspective.

Are you trying to make the image on the bottom? It currently looks very different. It does look similar to however

very good camera work 10/10

is every ue4 game a shooter?
im so tired of looking at these

so uncreative and boring

post it with the same angle as the photo

Shooters are the easiest game to set up in terms of camera scripting and art loads. Also, they're really popular so more people are going to want to make them than whatever other genre.

is this an adequately low amount of poly?

Looks good, you probably want to increase the texture res though.

Shooters are easy, I just want to make a game.

Also it's gonna be fast, with little conventional weapons and big bosses. Much more fun than "two weapons, bloody screen and shoot humans until the game is over"

It is, but you should show the mesh view next to it and display the poly count

How to stop dreaming about MVC and just drive all your gameplay with mecanim? It's kinda effective desu, but just feels wrong
Has anyone seen mecanim freak out in builds for no reason?

I was trying for a PS1 era texture resolution, I thought proper res non-pixellated textures would look weird with low poly
I'm also making everything up as I go along and have no idea what I'm doing so input is appreciated

Maybe make the ear hairs and the brown shape on his head 3D.

>monster jam literally today

What a thrill...
youtube.com/watch?v=9aHQnDTd1y4