New used car

Sup Veeky Forums.
I've got €20k ish to spend on a car. Going for a used one obviously. Here are the top contenders:

>2013 BMW 320i, 170 HP (RWD)
>2015 FiST, 182 HP (FWD)
>2012 Merc C-class 180, 156 HP (RWD)
>2012 Audi a3 1.4 TFSI, 122 HP (FWD)

The BMW is the best rated, the FiST the most fun, the Merc has the best interior (I find this also important) and the a3 is pretty cheap and a very good drive as well. I drove the 2001 one when it was still pretty new.

Halp me choose.

Other urls found in this thread:

artofgears.com/2015/11/26/unofficial-2016-honda-civic-1-5l-turbo-faster-than-9th-gen-civic-si/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are they all the same price/mileage?

The FiST is the most expensive at 22k but only 16k done (10k miles)
BMW/Merc for 20k each and about 60/80k (37k/49k miles)
And the Audi for 17k with 42k (16k miles) done

Of the four you posted, I think I'd probably go with the 320i. You're kind of in a bad middle ground in terms of your price point, if you're just looking for a daily driver I'd go for something much cheaper and older though I guess I don't know enough about the car market in your country. I have a bitter hatred of the new BMWs because they are utterly sterile and lifeless but they are decent cars.

Is there something specific you want out of the car? Personally if I were to give you one piece of advice it'd be not to buy a car out of warranty for more than €10k, but I think your circumstances are different.

The FiST looks great. The Merc is the best drive I think. And RWD>not RWD

The 320i is a good fucking car yeah. But it's also the niggest of them all. I'm looking for a sporty daily drive that doesn't trade too much in for comfort. And I'd like a RWD for a change but the FiST renders that irrelevant. It's magnificent. These cars are still under warranty I believe. If not you can get that pretty cheap here in the Netherlands. And I can pay for repair bills as well. These cars are reliable enough though

Is the C350 illegal in europe that's what I paid for mine in burgerland? I would recommend the Mercedes or the BMW because they are RWD and you can skid in them. The FiST would be a good option too but it's small. The Audi seems unimpressive power wise though.

Look up E90/E92 335d if you are european.
Great gas mileage, low upkeep costs, a nice fully equipped example can be had for 15-18k€
290hp

The BMW, hands down, I like it a lot more than that gen's C class.
It's a weird selection you made, those cars are in three different size classes, the Audi is basically a niggerfied Golf.

disgusting

These seem pretty great.. I did want a newer one but I'm going to look into these. You'll get so much more car by trading in some years. Definitely worth it.

not a 335

2012 c-class interior is not good at all. though.

either get the FiST or a 2017 1.5 civic, it drives better and is faster than that poverty spec bmw

get cla200

with dual clutch

Get a 328i!

Cars should really be about how fun they are to drive, get the FiST.

the 320i is not worth the price tag. it has nothing special over econoboxes of our time except muh RWD which is nullified by it's anemic engine anyway. and you're basically paying extra for a fucking badge at that point. same for a c-class which wasn't a real mercedes until the 2014 generation.

TFSI engines are riddled with issues. I would, at the very least, if you consider that car, do an extensive checkup on 1.4 issues and whether the car has had it's engine changed or not (some of the TFSI units used to get changed in warranty due to massive oil consumption, but I don't remember which)

so like I said either get the FiST which is a unique go kart like fun mobile, or a 2017 1.5 honda civic which is above those ''upper'' class faux mobiles and superior in almost every way for a similar price.

the 320i does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, 2017 civic 1.5 in 7 seconds, 1/4 mile is better for the 320i too

was meant to reply to this

the quickest I can find for the 320i is a 6.6 0-60 and 15.2 quartermile, and 6.5/14.9 respectively for the civic.

and it's still the lighter, newer car with better chassis/suspension and he can get the engine up to 220 for basically nothing and probably trick warranty too. infinitely, more reliable, too

correction I found a 15.0 1/4 for the 320i

caranddriver.com test results:
2013 320i
Zero to 60 mph: 6.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.1 sec
2017 Civic hatchback 1.5:
Zero to 60 mph: 7.0 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.2 sec
both have an equal rolling start time though, 5-60 mph: 7.7 sec

negative artofgears.com/2015/11/26/unofficial-2016-honda-civic-1-5l-turbo-faster-than-9th-gen-civic-si/

also the bmw has the definite advantage of being older and thus having more time to be fiddled with (remember even the BRZ was reported to hit 5.9 after lots of testing)