Historical Reenactment

Can we get some good pics in here? Any period

Howdy iranic servants! Check it out, I'm made of gold!

Stop posting pictures of me you slag, i know where you live

Wew lad

bottom right corner is Obi wan from RotS

>Hoplite
>beating a Sassanid era Cataphract
>using Achaemenid scale-armored soldier to try and reinforce that claim

Bosting some.

There is so much wrong with this photo

Those lawn chairs are what sells it

>every cuntish hoplite re-enactor wants to be a spartiate.
>every cuntish WW2 re-enactor wants to be a waffen SS sturmfuhrer
>every cuntish roman re-enactor wants to be high imperial legionary with lorica segmentata.

They're like those kids at school who used to twist the rules of every game to suit themselves or those dipshits who write self insert Mary sue fanfic. It just screams "Look at me!"

What the fuck is this

Soulsbourne as FUCK.

>be really interested in something
>spend hundreds of dollars and hours on that thing
>want to portray the most visually interesting/emblamatic/coolest version of that thing

I agree it gets tiring seeing every one reenacting elite soldiers. And you're right people should be more content reenactig rank and file grunts
But you can't really blame people for it

lel

it's spelled vendel

that is awkward

this looks awful

Aaaand I'm done for now. Hopefully someone will enjoy 'em.

People who make and wear butted mail should be shot with a bodkin arrow to test their trash mail.

I can't stand oversized "reenactment swords"
Historic swords didn't have grips the hulk could use comfortably.

That doesn't look too oversized to me user. Got tiny hands?

:)

Do they have historical cosplay events? I always thought that'd be better than the comic/movie/game ones because you'd actually learn something if you stumbled across someone's costume and asked them. It'd be neat seeing Knights, Janissaries, Vikings and Samurais posing together for photos

user I think you've stumbled onto a very rare thing.

A good idea

Qt coming through

Where did you get the sassanid thing?

>spent thousand of dollars because it's easy

>don't even train your body to look like a soldier because you are too lazy

fuck reenacters, they don't even lift

Except real re-enactors usually make their own gear and if you wanna do fighting - you have to lift.

>>don't even train your body to look like a soldier because you are too lazy

>Thinks soldiers should look like they are from 300.

I find it doubtful someone would invest in a bodyarmor but not a helmet.

Saw once in Veeky Forums, not reenactment but ppl donning armor and fight as a team and Team Russia being a jerk.

What it is called, the sport?

mostly I just hear it referred to as Medieval Armored Combat, the tournament you're referring to in particular is probably Battle of the Nations.

Eastern Europeans are really into it but for some reason the rules over there are usually about winning by tackling your opponent to the ground, which makes absolutely no sense and doesn't encourage the use of actual martial arts techniques. Most western tournaments use a points based system.

It creates a bit of a skewed perception and makes it so you can never find anyone dressed as less popular and ellaborate characters, it's my only issue with it.

I wish more people made manipular army reenactments, it would be kinda cool to see people falling into the ranks of which outfit they can afford, most guys wearing tunic and helmet only and the posh shits as triarii

A bit too historically accurate senpai

Kek

Provided they're not Spurdo blobs, you can't blame them for not looking like bodybuilder fetish models, or actually being as fit as professional soldiers who lived the lives reenactors spend many hours studying up how to imitate living would be.
Plus back in the pre-professional days, plenty of lords and kings have been fat, even Richard the Lionheart, whose excess fat may have killed him by making the removal of a crossbow bolt difficult. Not to mention levies, who would have been just local people pressed into combat by circumstances, though generally in harsh times that required mass mobilisation they would have lost the weight quickly enough.

Most reenactors are bookish types who would have been tempermentally suited to be scribes or monks back in those times more than cannon fodder anyway.

Depends on the make of sword.

Don't you realize how old most of these reenactors are?