Do you guys like alternate history? what are some of your favorite pieces of this genre?

Do you guys like alternate history? what are some of your favorite pieces of this genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Ali_Shah_Qajar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg. Another althistory I like is Timeline 191.

>Italy splitting up
>Austria Hungary still existing
>Russia not commie

Italy was split into a confederation of nobles and the Pope in the North and the kingdom of the Two Sicilies after WWI, the Austro-Hungarians are only nominally united and tend to fall apart in game, and Russia is in a Weimar Republic scenario, with a government that falls to a Nazi equivalent, commies, or monarchists about 75% of the time.

Is red inferno any good?

I've been developing one called "Reign of the Conquerors" about Napoleon, Nader Shah, Simon Bolivar, and Mohammed Ali all being a bit more successful in consolidating (or protecting their work in Napoleon's case.)

One feature I like about the timeline I've developed is how France sets up a sort of academia for the entire continent by mass exporting scholarships and degrees, and how Prussia under Bismarck becomes an intensely religious state that conquers the Baltics so that it can have an edge against Russia, Warsaw, and Napoopan.

>Voronezh belonging to Ukraine

What kind of autist drew this?

pic related is pretty comfy.. aesthetic as humanly possible

who /s&mstirling/ here

>tfw no Confederate-Icelandic-Afrikaner world empire

If you like alternate history sub to alternate hosted hub on yt he covered a lot and he did a 4pt series on the axis winning ww2

Bearkillers for life, motherfucker.

As a communist in the West, KR quite literally makes me cum

Divergences of Darkness for Vicky.

Nevsky, thats what

Contains 10 what-if scenarios where the South wins the Civil War. My favourite is the one where Lee convinces Davis to adopt Cleburne's proposal.

Almost anything but the boring "What if the Nazis conquered the world ?!?!?!?!?!111/1/1/1//1/?????" is most often interesting

Except for the people on places like ah.com who make the most boring threads about some different airplane design or a domestic politics thread.

What would you say to a what-if scenario where the Americans remain neutral throughout the war? The Allies still win or an armistice is settled, but Europe is entirely worn down to the point where every nation within it is on the verge of economic collapse. The Japanese get to keep their empire and the US remains a country of neutrality.

I haven't actually read it myself, but from what I've read ABOUT it, I really like the premise of the book "1632", about a 20th century american mining town being displaced in time and landing right in the middle of the Thirty Years' War in Thuringia. Also Kaiserreich, like mentions, is probably my favorite piece overall.

The Kaiser.

>Mohammed Ali

What the fuck?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Ali_Shah_Qajar
Presumably

Had the terms of the Carlisle Commission (self-rule, Parliamentary Representation, repeal of the Tea Act and other Intolerable Acts) been offered to the Continental Congress in 1775, rather than after the Battle of Saratoga and the formation of a Franco-American alliance, would the colonies have accepted? Would America have remained a part of the United Kingdom, and for how long?

>Hi I'm Mohammed and this is my son Mohammed jr and this is his brother Mohammed...

Post yfw Muzzies don't understand how names work

What are you on about lad

There's more than one person with the name John, Carlos, etc. Muhammad Ali is no exception

>Do you guys like alternate history
Only when it's not laughably bad, like having Japan and Germany invade America.

Who /syndicalism/ here?

The whole series is absolute bullshit, but I love 1632.

Wow, the post-war Japanese flag looks great next to the Nazi flag.

Sky captain and the world of tomorrow is retro Sci-fi actually
Still great

>Not Boise
Do you even OORAY faggot?

>Timeline 191
Featherston did literally, actually, factually, undisputably nothing wrong

I love alternate history, but I've never really found any good works. And I don't really trust Veeky Forums, because of people like

What happened to Gibraltar in this?

*Mohammed Ali Pasha
I hoped the time period would nake that clear. Theres no point to having the Qajars in the timeline, Afsharids continue beyond Nader.

I'm sorry but this board doesn't allow Commies or Crypto-Commies

My dad told me about an interesting one, not sure if he came up with it or if he'd seen it elsewhere.
>hitler assassinated 1944
>German generals imprison/execute remaining nazi high command
>Germany surrenders on the condition that her war machine be put to use against USSR
>Allies, now including Germany and possibly a revived France, turn on USSR
Sounds kinda cool to me

Returned to Spain. Most Allied overseas territories are either returned to their nearest claimant (e.g. Argentina takes the Falklands) or just went to Germany (e.g. Malta, Indochina). India balkanized.

>Argentina takes the Falklands
Argentina was on the Allied side though, they were pretty much a US client state at the time.

>Germany surrenders on the condition
Unworkable fantasy. Allies would not accept anything but uncondition surrender

Okay, let's take that for a minute.
>Russia demands unconditional
>US UK know what's up and offers some decent terms because they wanna fuck USSR

Or

>Germany unconditionally surrenders to US/UK
>team up on USSR

You missed the big point entirely

In this reality they're an Authoritarian state under the rule of Augustin P. Justo, a former military commander. In real life he performed a coup against the government in 1930 and became president in 32, so I assume in this timeline that still happened, but the Germans supported him and they have some kind of agreement.

Also, Argentina starts the game embargoing all the communist states, so they may be a part of Germany's economic bloc. Other countries in the game that start with that tend to be on Germany's side or in their sphere of influence.

What if the Punic Wars ended in Carthage's favor?

There wasn't really much left of a German war machine in 1944. Just as Allies and USSR didn't attack each other in 1945, they wouldn't in 1944.

Elephants inslave humanity.

Western Civilization would not exist the way we know it today. There would be no Frankish Empire, no >H>R>E and no Byzantine Empire, which all claimed to be successors to the Roman state. With the Romans vanquished so soon, Christianity would not be able to spread across the Mediterranean and Europe. The Carthaginian language would influence and father languages all across the Mediterranean. maybe they would even sail to the Americas looking for new trade routes. The elephants would run rampant and the shekels would be surreal.

That was the plan with Winston Churchill's Operation Unthinkable, more or less.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

Beautiful.

What other places are there for good Alt-History other than ah.com?

>>hitler assassinated 1944
>>German generals imprison/execute remaining nazi high command
This was the plan of Operation Walküre. The insurgents wanted to sign a peace treaty with the allies, but keep all the territories they won in the war. It might have been pretty cool. Especially our new flag would have been the shit.

>serbia still Exists

t. John Green