Real talk: If this exact car were released by Honda, Toyota, Mazda or Nissan you fags...

Real talk: If this exact car were released by Honda, Toyota, Mazda or Nissan you fags, and the auto enthusiast culture at large, would be wetting yourselves over it.

Of course that's not the case, so I enjoy my Korean GTI at a discount. By the way, blew the doors off a GT86, FiST, C5 Vette, S2000, GTI and Challenger RT all last night.

Not bad for $10k, lots of tech toys, 10 yr/100k warranty and a cheap tune and bolt ons I can easily reset if it needs warranty work.

6/10 bait quality.

You should have used a picture of someone's personal Veloster and not one you found off Google

@17743353

Christ, I actually kind of like the veloster why did you have to Shitpost about it.

you need to step up your b8 game, this is too obvious

This isn't b8. I have a '14 Turbo. All this is true. I just like that picture.

>If this exact car were released by Honda, Toyota, Mazda or Nissan
It would've had decent ride quality while maintaining sporty handling, a shifter that doesn't feel like you're rowing a stick through a bag of rocks and a steering wheel that actually provided some feedback.

Bread on hood faggot

Best I can do is tortillas on hatch

There he is again. The eternal Veloster. Looks like your back from holiday and couldn't wait to start this thread for the 100th time hu?

>Buyers remorse: the thread

the fuck was hyundai thinking anyway? they copied the 2nd gen eclipse's interior with the 1st gen tiburon, they should've just copied the fucking 2nd gen eclipse and give it turbos and awd

But that Honda has an H in italics. Might as well be from China and comes with a fidget spinner and free shipping

enjoy ur diabeetus

btw u have to go back

This. It would legitimately be a cool car as a TT AWD. Instead they made it look like a generic cuckbox and perform like one too.

Why does this car get so much hate? Legit curious cause I am looking into a golf or turbo 4 cylinder right now.
24 city 31 highway
200 hp, 195 torq.
0-60 of 7-7.2 second?
The 2013 model has a turbo with a regular 6 speed auto or manual.

And it's cheaper

14k financed at most dealerships for top end 2013 model versus 15k at most for golf tsi low end models and golf tsi is slower?

Real talk, -t I have one (13 turbo).
It's not a sports car, but it's fun enough to throw around curves. There is a decent amount of haul space with the back seats down. Gas mileage is decent. Interior has some flimsy plastics, but nothing that drives me crazy. Seat is reasonably comfortable. Radio has some odd quirks (won't remember shuffle if turned off, occasionally forgets how to read my thumb drive).

It's not a terrible car, but be aware of what you are buying; a sporty econobox.

>a sporty econobox.
That's exactly what makes it popular, it's fun to drive around AND practical
Imagine trying to daily a hellcat

Almost every competitor except the sentra nismo is a direct upgrade.

>Real talk
>By the way, blew the doors off a GT86, FiST, C5 Vette, S2000, GTI and Challenger RT all last night.
Faggot OP

It's not a GTI, it's .4 seconds faster than my shitty base model golf 0-60

>Being this delusional

Mine isn't even a 1.8t btw it's got the much shitted on 5cylinder. Although I don't hate these that much, a GTI is faster. I honestly think these are good cars they're just not fast. And personally they look to boiracer for me. Golf/GTI look more sleek

Because a comparable GTI has 210 horse power with 260 ft-lb of torque and does 0-60 in ~6 seconds if it's a newer DSG model.

>Fun to drive
Every other piece of evidence contradicts that. Everyone agrees that is cheap and turbo but no one says it is great to drive or fun

This is why we hate it

It's also $10k more?

>mexican
>buying mission
Good joke

I believe the 86, the C5, and if the R/T was using fake badges, that one too.

I think mine is, but then I haven't driven anything sportier, so ymmv

>Korean GTI
no
>blew the doors off a GT86, FiST, C5 Vette, S2000, GTI and Challenger RT all last night.
driving past parked cars and people who don't give a shit about muh street racez doesn't count for shit.

I like mine. There are a heap ton worth of worse cars to have. Kind of sick of having to apologize for liking it here.

Then just fuck off to somewhere else then with your shit car

I'm so sorry I like my car user.

Well try it yourself instead of reading what others think

>FWD
If this were released by anyone other than Honda, ppl would be going apeshit asking "why the fuck it isn't RWD mustardrace"

But it's true we need more "hot hatches"
The 2018 civic "hatchback" looks like a fuckin minivan

this is a cute photo

"Hello user :3"

My girlfriend wants a Veloster (not trying to make fun, I drive a much shittier econobox) have either of you got the non-turbo base model? Also how is rear visibility? She'd be upgrading from an 08 corolla/auris hatch

Base Veloster is lame af to drive but probably more than fine for the basic roastie. That is to say good looks and plenty of tech toys.

The visibility problem is overblown. Visibility in the Veloster is no worse than average in this day and age where almost anything new has fuckhuge pillars. Felt like I was in a greenhouse after two days of acclimatization.

Because Korea has yet to make a legitimate driver's car.

A used mazdaspeed3 is better in every way.

Dude, you bought a shitty car, learn from your mistake and move on.

What does "plenty of tech toys" mean?
You mean it has traction control, smart key and navigation just like every other car has?

Name ONE item that actually is a "tech toy" that isn't available on some other $15K pos shopping cart.

Terrific sound system, unique huge panoramic sunroof, the nav/media screen in the veloster is way nicer than in comparably priced peers,

Own a NA, the visibility is bad looking straight back but with a little practice between back up camera and looking out your side windows it's not that awful.

The NAs fine, it's not fast but you can easily get up to 100mph, the only real complaint I have is some numb steering at low speeds and the fucking thing won't creep in traffic for shit.

my jetta is just as fast, probably handles better and it doesn't look like a shoe

does the windshield wipers still come on during the 1-2 gear shift?

>implying they would release it

>the fucking thing won't creep in traffic for shit
>having an automatic warm hatch

That's never happened to me.

Because it's $10k better.

if you've got a GLI its faster

>c5 vette
Yea ok

$10k plus $4k a year in "maintenance costs" beyond the paltry factory warranty, that is.

>$4k a year in "maintenance costs"
lmao, whatever you say retard. The MK7 GTI is more reliable than Hyundai shit.

>VW more reliable than Hyundai
lmao, whatever you say retard.

hyundai and reliable dont belong in the same sentence

Lmao okay

GLI not faster

Should i buy a 2016 Veloster Turbo (

You like that stock non hd thumbnail? Kill yourself.

Jelly as fuck

Yeah... Pretty much

Why does every Hyundai fanboy have some sort of inferiority complex when it comes to Japanese automakers?

Dude shut the fuck up. Seriously, stop giving us a worse name than we already have. The car is fine, and for the price of a new car it's pretty damned good but it's in no way a "Korean GTI". It's got problems, a bunch but it does not have the power-weight to compare to a GTI.

It's a fun car for the price, and I can't think of a newer car that would cost the same thats better (You can get 2016 VTs for less than 15k now).

Mine's faster than an 86 or a Miata (ive clocked at a 6.4 sec 0-60) but its not faster than a FiST, a GTI, or an s2000. That ridiculous. Stop spreading lies about a car that is at best above average to own. Hyundai is pretty damned reliable now and theyre starting to get the hang of it.

Once the Veloster N comes out, maybe we'll see about calling it a "Korean GTI" because of that AWD and 250+ hp but until then it's just a average economy car thats a bit more fun.

I don't know why you would buy a Veloster after the new Elantras come out.

My buddy has an obnoxious orange Veloster and I can't stand the interior or the small back seat or the fact it has only one rear door but it is a fun car.

In like a month the 2018 Elantra GT Sports with the same 1.6 Turbo out of the Veloster are going to start showing up at dealerships.

I don't know why the FUCK people would still buy a Veloster with the Elantra GT Sports out. The interiors are bigger, the infotainment is a STANDARD 8-inch even on the non-sport GTs, leather everything, it's going to make just too much sense to spend the extra 3000 bucks and move up to the Elantra from the Veloster. The prices are too close.

If I hadn't just bought a used 2016 Sonata Sport, I would probably be buying a Elantra GT Sport in a few months. Now what I really wish they would do is make a Sonata Hatchback, but they assume if you want something like that you would just get a crossover.

Mine's not stock, bro. So yes it is faster than those things

No one here is buying new Velosters, dude. You can get a nice deal on a used 2013-2015 VT that's still under warranty for about half the price of an Elantra GT Sport

Hey congrats, you polished a turd

Look man, I hate Hyundai's as much as the next weeb, but they're reliable as fuck, so sit down

Modded cars don't count. Mod any of those other cars the same and they are faster because they have a higher too end.

My friends working on a tiburon that will end up having 500whp and 510ft-lbs. Doesn't count as being being by a tiburon when the only thing that is a tibruon anymore is the chassis.

Am I weird for LOVING that asymmetrical only-one-door-in-the-back shit ? I almost bought a Mini Clubman because of this

Yes it is.

>hyundai in charge of reliability

>2014

>he still thinks it's 2005
Get with the times, user. Hyundai/Kia is a respectable car company now in terms of reliability. It's on par with the big Jap brands now, but somehow normies keep spouting the same outdated meme.

Sup Velosters. Korean Mustang here. You ever see The Good, the Bad, the Weird? Are we experiencing the Korean cultural renaissance?

he said 2013-2015, how is 2014 not representative?

That's absolutely stupid. All three of those cars have faster 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile speeds than the velosturd

>Because Korea has yet to make a legitimate driver's car

WRONG

The only kias or Hyundai i would get is the mid/full sized sedan with all the options, it'll probably be like 25k Max lol

Then why not buy a used Fiesta ST at a similar price?

>2017
>FWD
>turbo
>0-60 under 7 sec

>15 years car
>FWD
>n/a
>0-60 6.5 sec

My acura still faster but do I make a bait thread on Veeky Forums? No because I don't drive a plastic car.

>Automatic only
>Legitimate driver's car

you need to learn how to quote/reference a post.

OP's VT has bolt ons, brother

>365 HP and 376 lb ft of torque
>vented discs with brembos
>limited-slip differential
>19-inch alloys on performance tires
>rack and pinion steering

>"not a performance car"

>performance car = driver's car
Where the fuck is your reading comprehension?

My pickup has half of that

Remember the Honda CR-Z? This car is like that. It was interesting so it got a lot of hype before release, and that hype seemed warranted.

Then the reviews said, "actually... it kinda sucks to drive." No more hype, despite being a Honda.

The TDI

You are a massive faggot and should kill yourself promptly. If you mod the others THEY'RE FASTER and better in every way. Just kill yourself

don't let anyone on Veeky Forums shape your opinion on cars in any way, most of these fags are contrarian weeaboo shit posters who came here because of muhh initial deee

And the rest of them ride the bus.

He's denying him a (You).

>Redditfag mentality
Summer should of been over by now.

>@

List 10 worse cars and I'll leave you alone.
>You can't

You should consider not befriending shit for brains people.

>2017
>Bragging about rack and pinion steering
Are we in the 60s? Next you'll say it's a driver's car because ABS and traction control.

well would you rather have power assisted rack and pinion or a fully electric numb piece of garbage

Either one as long as it works, after all, this fucking thing won't be manual so what's even the point anymore?

Every GM and Ford product under $25k
>including the FiST

>checkmate

I'd prefer the electric assist where the assistance can be adjusted.