/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

More Deathsmiles Edition

Previous Thread This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Dangun Feveron M2 port
Somewhere on PSN
>Bullet Soul
store.steampowered.com/app/544580/
>Ghost Blade HD
store.steampowered.com/app/577910/
>Zangeki Warp
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/
>Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/
>DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/
>WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/
>Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

UPCOMING RELEASES:
>Pawarumi
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812914421
>Graze Counter
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899022724
>Ketsui M2 port
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/Klabauter/
youtube.com/watch?v=-dq1t3EFDlU
youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg
steamcommunity.com/id/icycalm/recommended/285440/
imgur.com/a/q6BUr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for casper a bully

>When I ask how Chinese players feel about arcade emulation, he tells me serious score hunters won't accept MAME as an option.

There is literally no proof

Chinese players has no serious score

*breaths in deeply*
CAVE SUCks

Raiden is the best series. I think we can all agree on that.

chinese players are better than western players my friend

has anyone had issues saving in bullet soul

it's hobo tier after 2

The Captcha wants me to make that weird ß thing. I hope a B will suffice.

Not at ketsui they aren't.

is donpachi worth learning

?

yes, it's ok

How's your progress, /shmupg/? For me, it's pic related. Only ~8.4 million left.

Are you trying to beat the western record?

No, my current goal is 30 million, but I'll consider beating the record after I reach the goal.

>How's your progress
I can do this consistently now, which is nice.

>How's your progress, /shmupg/?
I just did another f clear of batride advance, really solid for most on the one hand but a major mishap of not triggering bashi-r and losing medals stupidly in stage before last cost me what would ofbeen a guaranteed G. I've also started a side game of knights of the round the capcom beatermup, any help would be nice like how the fuck does zuq get those one ups and shit from items? i've never had that.

You are a beast at this game, chav. Why don't you get the western record for it even though it's not as good as Garegga?

I'm playing some Raiden IV if anyone wants to watch. steamcommunity.com/id/Klabauter/

I think everyone should be able to view it, but I'm not sure.

what a boring profile

>KoTR
To get extra extend you pretty much have to manipulate the item drops, I'm not an expert with it but the easiest way to get extra lives in the beginning is killing yourself before stage 3, then in the beginning of stage 3 kill a bird man with a heavy attack when he is charging at you, then destroy the barricade, slash the food and it should reveal a 2up and a level up in the lower barricade. In the next scene do the same shit with the lower barricade and it should reveal a 1up.

>900 fucking hours in Skyrim

>what a boring profile
Not Kraut, but if you really give a fuck about what people think about your steam profile, you're pretty pathetic. Steam is supposed to be for buying and playing games, not social media bullshit.

There is literally nothing wrong with playing Skyrim.

>Klabauter left the chat
gay

lmao

PCucks love their western dog food

t. never had friends

t. 'rules for adding me' and three anime artwork showcases

i wouldn't go that far I mean i've put less than half of what i put into guwange into it but i think it's going to become my main game from now. Chums current western record is really strong and although my early game is better his late game milking is far stronger due to greater knowledge and better raw dodging skills, i'm working on late game refinement now though so a G should occur sometime.
Thanks but jesus that sounds anal, i really like this game but it's trying incredibly hard to stop me it seems.

I wasn't aware you could stream on steam

it buffers like a motherfucker though. I can't tell if that's you or me or steam.

>Steam is supposed to be for buying and playing games, not social media bullshit.
t.wannabe valve employee

pls i just wanna play in fullscreen

Streams over. Sorry for my poor dodging skills.

Thanks for the stream, man.

Game can be pretty nice with the right mods. Requiem made it good for me.

I also just discovered this. I think there also is some frameskipping when people view though.

More like Pedosmiles!

Naaah. No.

you're thinking of 2hu

I feel tired.

Me too.

if you get trapped on the side of the stage 2 ccwi midboss at the start what do you do?

You learn the patterns until you don't get trapped anymore. Or you could just use a break, but this is bad for your score.

Something something Casper best girl etc.

nope.jpg

She is too old to be best girl desu

Go to sleep if you're tired, Harry!

But she's like, the youngest of the four to begin with.

Can't do that. I'm playing Smash 4 with some friends later tonight and kicking the heck out of people using my Casper Mii is great fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=-dq1t3EFDlU

Casper kicks ass woooo

Casper is a meme. Stop forcing it.

gtfo

Ah, well I'm sorry that you don't seem fuck it just shut up

you are a one sick fucking pedo dude

wtf I love Raiden now!

more like cut a dix

Probably not.

Alright I'm finally going to bed. Have a bump. Good night /shmupg/.

try punisher, it's less anal and quite easier than kotr.

go straight down, works for me. alternatively learn to destroy those ships in right order.

yeah i've played punisher but im just not into it, i really like kotr and armored warriors to.

pwned by raiden 3 on EASY once again
youtube.com/watch?v=nxXEPk3dzFg

stop playing shit games

not before i beat normal, i'm too humiliated to let it go. plus, i like music on some stages and it's nice to play something without complex scoring, tlb and all that shit once in a while.

bump

big screens for shmups are overrated

Do you know how to get the 2 extra lives? If you get them, you basically can just bomb your way through.

Me too. The old Raiden they were too oldschool and generic for me, but Raiden IV actually is one of my favorites now.

kek

finally, crimzoncucks BTFO by the man himself

steamcommunity.com/id/icycalm/recommended/285440/

> Ikaruga mechanics

I thought he died

what happened to the ubergame?

Probably because of the homing lasers, and because you need to time-kill enemies. The guy is obviously retarded though.

yes, i even use p2 ship which is slightly faster, maybe i just rush it, doing runs but rarely practice.
>which shows you how little the designer understood of what these games are all about
lolololol

based icycalm, ccwi isn't even immersive

He's right, shits ugly.

>IcyCalm
Damn I didn't know that that retard also has shitty opinions about shmups.

>a three fucking years late review
>0.1 hours gameplay
>even other stg haven't been touched
as if his opinion is important

no, it's perfection of all stg ever made
SHOOTING GAME NEVER DIE, DONT YOU GET WHAT WAS THE MESSAGE FOR?

It is. It's the only downside of ccwi though.

icycalm is a revolutionary game thinker, ofcourse his opinion matters idiot

he even wrote "On Why Scoring Sucks And Those Who Defend It Are Aspies" which is just pure butthurt at people who are better players than him at games, as you might've guessed by title.

imgur.com/a/q6BUr

essential reading for all shmup players

should be in the OP tbqh

this guy is like worse qualities of kraut and cee combined, the ultimate shitposter

I don't think so, do you think your review will sell if your reader knows that you only play the game in short time?

thats how you know hes really intelligent, only took him 10 minutes to come to a clear conclusion that he articulated expertly

What the actual fuck is this?

shitpost: the book

Each time I skim through this I find new things that crack me the fuck up
>"LOOK IT'S MAKING MONEY, SO IT MUST BE GOOD!" - so does PROSTITUTION, fuckface, but what does that mean? That we should turn our sisters and daughters into whores?

The greatest mind of our time

Wow what a master, reminds me with our Mr Johnson

dr,johnson is a multiple danmaku world record holder, icycunt is just schizo kusoplayer

>Dying with 6 bombs in stock
This is why I hate bombs. You either try to save them, or you die without using them, and can already scrap the run.

Worst feel but oh well, a good reason to practice until you dont need to rely on bombs as a crutch

I do practice to not rely on them, but when I die without using them, then the run is basically over.
If I wouldn't try to save them though, and use them more often, then I basically would have better chances.
At least that's the case for me in Raiden IV normal currently. It's not an easy first loop, but also not that hard that you have to hoard bombs like a madman.

>panic bomb
>get frustrated over being a pussy
>restart

Bombs are made for the level 3 boss in Raiden 4