/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
splash.3dsthem.es/10394
github.com/yellows8/3dshax/
3ds-guide.b4k.co/,
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PS3/DEVICE_PS3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did the Wii U never get a Doom port?

>This picture again

second for magnethax

>red circlepad
why did this trigger me

That's a prerelease render.

Newfag here, finally set up the wifi on my N3DSXL. I tried using the internet browser but they told me I needed to update, so obviously I won't, but am I ready to follow the guide now? Will having just set up a wifi be enough for what's next? I was told I'd need an internet connection that's why I'm asking.

because you're pretending to be offended to receive the internet currency known as (you)s from other people who will pretend to be offended over something so minute in order to feel a sense of comradery (or anything really) with another human being.

It's alright, just continue with the guide.

so what was the part of the 3ds that was bruteforced and cost $15000? why havent we done it to the ps3 and ps4?

lol

no you cant that wont work at all retard

for the home brew launcher user here is my old post that explanes what to do

BTFO

here's a (You) my lonely friend

Softmodding a n3dsxl for a friend; it's on 11.2.
Still gonna be soundhax for getting started, and then the b9s stuff, right?

And compared to al9s, how much longer/shorter is the average time to complete the hack?

I got Echoes to work by going into the eShop on 11.4 with boot9strap for the record.

Is there anything used for FBI remote install other than socketpunch? I can't get socketpunch to work.

Is this possible on 11.2? I don't want to update if I don't have to.

boop

THANK you. I had it downloaded already but completely forgot the name, so I couldn't find it on my computer.

Pretty sure Echoes requires a minimum of 11.3 at any rate.

No way around that? I've heard bad things about updating to 11.3. Apparently HBL breaks and everything breaks and you need to go through some complicated update process, and then you're also screwing yourself if you ever accidentally lose or delete your HBL because there are no more entry points. How true is this?

do you have cfw

>Losing HBL
What? If you have B9S you already have a permanent entrypoint in your system. Just fucking update to latest.

How would I get B9S?

It worked but when I tried to update Luma I got an update failed message.

my sd is now RAW because I am retarded. is it going to be impossible to properly restore the data? i have something scanning it now but it looks like the filenames have been shortened and the folder structure is fucked. will it be fixed when the scan is done or am I completely fucked here

I have a n3ds with 11.4, am i fucked? What are system transfer and hardmod?

Where did you get $15000 from? It was believed that it cost $1500, but it turns out they only used the Amazon computing for a short time. They said it ended up being ~$600.

wait for magnethax

I think so? I followed the 3ds.guide around January and I'm currently on the latest version of Luma I can get without messing with the SD card's contents.

I've avoided updating to the latest stuff because every single guide is aimed at people with clean systems, and it seems a lot more complicated when you have existing homebrew.

I don't even know what B9S is.

What is magnethax? I can't find any info

Reminder

Do not fall for the MSET/GW/PastaCFW/rxTools/cakes/ReiNAND/a9lh meme
Everyone should stay on superior Palentine CFW

If you followed 3ds.guide then you have A9LH, which is fine to update to latest.

>not rxTools
you know where the door is famalam

oh, so could the same thing be done with the ps3 keys? would it take longer or whats the go?

wait for it

I like how aesthetically pleasing the b9sinstaller is, well fucking done indeed.

>Get the newest pokemon game off of freeshop
>Pick the cutest starter, Litten
>It just gets uglier and uglier the more it evolves
Why is this allowed
I'm thinking of just breeding this shit so I can start over and never evolve it

Only reason we were able to bruteforce the 3DS signatures was because Nintendo is retarded and made a custom parser for no real reason. Then again, Sony is also retarded.

Post best boot splash

To be extra safe I should follow this guide first, right?

3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap

It doesn't say anything about what version of anything you should be on beforehand. Can I safely assume that if I have a9lh in any form, that guide should work?

Yes, your assumption is correct.

>this mad he updated
Enjoy your crappy meme CFW, I'll be over here with my superior Palentine

get the no outline patch.

White Sisters
splash.3dsthem.es/10394

>not using superior 3dshax
github.com/yellows8/3dshax/
Apply yourself, plebeian

>not just buying a gateway
Proletarian trash.

i'm currently running rxtools on 10.6, with the guide on 3ds-guide.b4k.co/, do I just follow the link to update to boot9strap, or do I have to follow the other guide that involves hardmodding?

parser?

Neptunia games a shit

Start from the beginning of the guide with your 9.x sysnand and assume your version is 9.x, there'll be a part where you migrate the emunand.

No outline looks worse on the small screen and resolution of the 3DS though senpai

Is there any guide to downgrade and get CFW into a PS3. I know my model is compatible.

I think it can be done if you spoof the firmware.

yes, a signature parser

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PS3/DEVICE_PS3.html

i dont know what that is

then stop asking questions

Does not stop them (rom and ram) from being cute lolis. Got a better, cuteer loli splash?

okay thanks. It's been a while, do you know what program i'm supposed to use to flash my emuNAND to the 3ds?

It'll be covered in the guide, but you'll be using GodMode9. Just carefully read the instructions step by step and you'll be fine.

So its safe to update to 11.4 with arm9hax?

If i have a9lh and luma in 11.4 can i still update to b9s?

It's "boot9strap" or "Boot9strap"?
OCD user here

B9S

Been away for a while.
I assume I must update from A9LH to Boot9Strap now? If I'm on 13.3 and A9LH all I follow is the pilalect guide for updating right?

boot9Strap

yes

What's it like being on 13.3? Did they patch magnethax already?

They can never patch magnethax.

Joke
Your head

Big9"Strapon

Is updating to 11.4 necessary during the b9s install process? Apparently my friend has a parental access pin on his wifi settings and isn't awake for me to get that from him

No why would it be

3ds ubrick/ hack backdoor the magnet makes the system think its closed so it sleeps when turned on. nintnedo uses it internally to fix bricked systems. you need a magnet and a nds flashcard flashed with a special rom. wait for it . it will allow for unhacked systems to be hacked straight out of the box. its the Pandora battery for the 3ds.

Because it's literally the first step after configuring Luma

>1. Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

Yo thanks to the anons who helped me switch over to bull9shit
Didn't notice much of a boot time speedup but at least I finally got the sdcard less thing going on, so that's cool.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that's the leftover from the previous guide, which need you to update after grabbing OTP from 2.1 firmware. But now since people who install b9s are already in 9.0++, you don't really need to update the firmware.
Again, it's just my personal hypothesis, I'm not more expert than any of you in the topic of 3ds hacking. You might want to wait for experts to answer your question.

boot9sTrap

dude you can dump your otp and bootrom on any firm with b9s.

I don't have a solder to hardmod my 3ds, am I fucked for getting b9shit on my device?

>from previous guide

>otp was only used for installing a9lh
>b9s comes out
>includes key combo to dump now useless system file
for what reason?

magnethax is not a joke

it will never be defeated

They just say that so that idiots will have a more streamlined experience. It's the simplest instruction to give.

>not installing b9s to get otp to install a9lh with cakes emunand

No, you didn't update directly from 2.1. That actually would brick an N3DS.

>b9s
>Benigns
They trying to say this a non-cancerous hack?

devs

till magnethax comes out otp + hardmod is the only way to fix a complete brick. say if you somehow wipe out b9s and the system wont boot.

kek

:thinkinghyperfast:

Do we have DS from SD yet?

I have a urge to play Dragon Quest 9

It werks, but is shit. Get an r4.

Yeah, it needs like 10 minutes to load SM64DS and nothing else really works.
Just get an R4.

don't get an R4 until someone starts working on magnethax

It's just fucking 5 bucks.