Recruiters

Hey Veeky Forums hows the job hunt? I'm trying to get an internship but I'm always striking out. CS btw

I keep getting the same shit from recruiters. They always say come back next year when you're closer to graduating. Am I just too desperate or something

If it's an hr lady I can usually hold my own and keep the conversation going cause I just start shooting the shit with them but when it's a ln actual male recruiter I have no luck. I know they're just trashing my resume. Any tips

Show cleavege

Post ur resume

get hormones. apply as trans.

Not user, but while we're on the topic of job hunting, does it look bad to have work experience unrelated to the field you want to work in?

Like I'm currently looking for a new job as an illustration and/or production artist. I was just laid off two weeks ago where I worked as a production artist at a game company for three and a half years. Before I got that job, I worked as a sales associate at Macys while doing freelance art at home for three years, Should I take Macys off my linkedin profile?

>not user

Ooops, meant "not OP"

It's shit m8 :(

I can code in C, java, c++, assembly. I have no experience at a real CS related job they always ask about binary trees and shit and say stuff I don't know to make me look stupid

nah, any work experience is better than none. I worked in a factory for 3 years, went to college for a CS degree and still worked in the factory during the summer, and still got a junior programming job when I graduate without an internship or relevant work experience.

are you talking about external recruiters?
if so forget about them and apply to companies on your own, they won't earn money finding you an internship

maybe try to look for programmer/developer jobs instead of software engineer

Download "Cracking the code interview" and study it

Sadly this would make if a lot easier to get a job

No one ever contacts me back. I'm getting discouraged. Can someone look over my resume and tell me what I need to improve on?

Still trying to get a fucking job and there are 3 places beside my house ALWAYS hiring. It's like they're picking people that get fired after a week or people that quit after buying an xbox.
Meanwhile I'm applying to them every month on and off for the past 2 years.
At this rate I might tape my resume to bricks and hurl it at them. I actually work hard and don't complain. I get shit done for the money and I'm a decent guy that gets along with everyone.

I think they're external they come on campus twice a semester

Should I try to take entry level IT spots even though Im just a coder with no knowledge relating to it. Feel like I could get one if I shoot lower. I'd take a bring me coffee type of internship desu

Thanks man. Solid advice here

Internships are fucking stupid, you're wasting your time

You have a CS degree I presume and you don't even know about BST's? That's CS 101 shit.

Or are you one of those self taught/bootcamper types?

They pay better than a McWagecuck job and are real world experience.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I should turn this into a business.

Send me your resume and I will apply to jobs for you. If you are CS, i will apply in California, where your industry is actually located.

my spam email is [email protected] (hope inbox is not full)

Account deactivated due to inactivity. o well.

post your resume on here, in a .doc file.

you'd have a better chance looking for companies and asking if they offer internships