Car buying service?

Anyone have experience with a car "buying" service like Costco or True car? From what I gather it's a hit or miss, and you may be able to talk the deal down even more, since obviously there is some commission being paid to the service. I'm a shitty negotiator and complete autist so it seems like it could be a good thing for me.

> implying anyone on Veeky Forums has bought a new car
> just buy a 3k civic

Costco will get you a bit off, but you should still try to jew them down more past that point. Can't hurt, right?

They'll just tell you to eat shit. They have a line out the door of morons just dying to do business with them.

Eh. Depends on your ability to play the negotiations game and your patience for unnecessary bullshit. If your good at it and can walk away from anything, then personal negotiating can be better. If you just want a car and for the whole thing to be over and done then Costco might be the way to go.

My dad used it. You basically get costco to act as a middleman. Their pricing is a little under Carmax, and if you end up buying it you get a $500 costco gift card. You contact them by phone or the internet, you see the exact price you pay, and if you find a car you like you can setup a test a test drive. The salesmen that worked with my dad was very relaxed, none of that pushy used car salesmen bullshit. If you don't mind paying a little more, the costco buying program is kind of nice. The added gift card is nice too.

$500 worth of muffins and brownie mix and sausage dogs son

This. You will always get lower doing it yourself and the only downside is that it may take longer. It doesn't matter if you're autistic, use the internet to contact a salesman and negotiate the price before going into the dealership. Have them do a write up of price before you step through the doors.

>buying new
kys.

Cash is king. Pay cash for a car that you can actually afford, and you will always, ALWAYS, get the best deal.

And when I say "cash", I mean, literal cash. Show the person you're buying the car from the stack of $100 bills.

(By the way, if you can't afford to actually buy the car you picked out, you can't afford that particular car)

True car and Costco will offer you savings. Msrp number will not match most of times due to something stupid like floor mats and other options.
Truecar and costco used to be hassle free walk in and buy at exact numbers but dealerships are trying hard to get around it.
When you call them they will say just bring the certificate with savings off msrp.
Lot of dealerships are adding some bullshit fees to msrp and will add to the selling price. Anywhere from 1k to 4K depending on how hard they want to fuck you over.
When I was salesman I loved trucar customers since I knew what the savings were and customers will come in ready to buy.
But when dealership decided to add fees it became nightmare. Customers will drive hours to me for savings off the sticker. Only to find 4K worth of shit added to it. If you are willing to fight off the fees all day then the deal is really good.

Cancer advice.

Listen just walk into the Costco, ask for the manager, give his hand a nice firm shake and ask for a car

Post pics of your car with a plastic spoon or fork on the hood or a piece of bread.
I wanna see what someone who "pays cash only" for a car drives.

wew that went over you head
its a joke, im not the guy you originally responded to
cash doesnt get you any fucking deal, theres no incentives for them

So a 3k civic is your car?

user you're worrying me

>pay cash
>get a deal
What's it like being under 21?

Still no car picture ;)

Probably not as nice but it's better than paying hundreds every month for a car that'll just be a shitbox by the time you paid it off. I paid 1300 cash for a comfy low miles minivan owned by old people with comfy seats and a nice stereo. Only maintenace I've had to do in six months is control arm bushing, oil change and brake pads. I make enough money to afford a car payment but it seems like a dumb thing to do, when you could just get some early 90s shitbox well maintained by old people for

What are the "fees" usually disguised as?

>what is time-value of money
You'd be better off if you'd paid a sufficiently low interest rate making payments on that van rather than putting down cash up front.

Old people don't take monthly payments retard

You realize some people don't want to own a 25 year old 3k shitbox right? By the time I sell my next car, i'll have spent more money on alcohol than the total depreciation. It's completely plausible to spend money on your quality of life and balance your finances, provided you have a steady income.

There are 2kinds of fees I see.
1. Labor of nothing. They will make up some kind of labor they have to do on cars.
2. Added options. This one is getting popular now, what sucks is they will install them before coming out to lot or showroom floor so either you buy them or don't.