/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

DUDE SCIENCE LMAO edition

Last thread:

>Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Community Hub games2gether.com/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (unembed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Es1 Sophon ship design was superior

Good call, I was making a new thread.

After expurging all the Stellaris links.

Riftborn a best

I just can't get into ES2 mang, it's too fast for me. Everything builds and grows and expands so quickly. I have like 30 hours into it somehow.

>build an entire planet from scratch pretty much
>I can mine minerals on it

Why though? Wouldn't it have made much more sense just to take those minerals when disassembling the system? Why put them in the ring just to mine them again?

They're pretty much the ONLY good thing about Endless Shit 2 imo.

r/stellaris

>tfw I will never be Horatio

>tfw you are horatio

Which Hero would you fug first?

>DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
this sums up sophons so perfectly, it should be the ingame descriptions

I loved both ES2 and Stellaris, I just can't decide if I should continue my genocidal campaing with my space penguin empire or make all horatio

>have no interest in any games for the last two years
>suddenly 10+ titles I want to play
Video games are too hard.

Welcome to adulthood. It sucks.
Sometimes you want to play games all day but you can't, and the moment you go outside for work, grocery, or anything else, you start thinking of how much fun you could have if you were at home.

Perhaps the only time to take syncretic evolution

I want to try and build a federation in Stellaris, how do I do it?

You don't, because they're trash.

You mine them from close by asteroids.

Think he's on about the tiles on the ring that specifically are mineral rich

cuck yourself

Honestly, Ringworlds shouldn't have mineral tiles and instead should have access to special mineral buildings instead.

I hope they add the Fallen Empire buildings eventually. Conquer an FE planet with them and get a quest to reverse engineer them and eventually get a tech that grants you a building that's better than Level 5 but weaker than the FE one. Make the buildings Ringworlds and Capital only.

I wonder what Fallen Empire pops do all day

Google DarkSydePhil, he's an accurate depiction of Fallen Empire pops.

Should I invest in Imperial Prerogative or Voidborn?

How do I ally with minor empires?

How can I break off an alliance of another player with a minor empire so I can integrate them?

voidborne

Voidborne. Not even a choice, m8.

Someone please outline how ES2 is better than stellaris.
Every game I play of stellaris seems to end up playing exactly the same.

Arent ringworlds made of some weird organic bacteria that transform to all kind of minerals? Im not sure but it was explained somewhere what ringworlds were made of

>please argue with me why my tastes are superior

That wouldn't make sense since you can make ringworlds without Living Metal.

I don't own ES2, I just need someone to give me a good enough reason to buy it.

Thanks, guys. Focus on Energy and Research, right?

Is there a building ratio that I should stick to with the 11 tiles remaining after settlement?

Living metal heals. Ostensibly, you're mining the metal and letting it heal back before mining it again.

Don't split the buildings up. Focus either energy (due to Horizon Signal +8 and +20% energy building) or science (assist research).

Personally, the only other building I make on them is Paradise Domes if I can and the Unity building they get to offset their cost increase.

No, everyone knows you find metal in cows.

REMINDER THAT SHIP UPGRADES ARE NO LONGER EXCLUSIVE
I REPEAT
SHIP UPGRADES ARE NO LONGER EXCLUSIVE

I'm pretty sure that Habitats have restricted buildings, but I'll keep that in mind.

Does the Slag and Sludge planetary specialization effect luxury resources as well, or just Strategic Resources?

>Amplitude gives away ES2 codes on twitter
>they are taken within 8 seconds of being posted

Do people run bots or are they just that fast?

Simple enough.
>Every game I play of stellaris seems to end up playing exactly the same.
If there is one thing about ES2 is the fact that the factions already play very differently from each other. While some factions like the United Empire are basic enough (the only thing they have as far as I could tell was the ability to use Influence as buyout), the Cravers can never actually be at peace with people and they need to be constantly expanding because their populations consume the planet around them. The Riftborn have ridiculously powerful populations but you have to build them, on top of having singularities to help yourself or hinder foes, Vodayani don't actually colonize planets and absorb essence from enemy factions, and the Horatio absorb other species into their genetics so the world will eventually be all of Horatio.
Every game is unique. Even if you are replaying the same faction you can take radically different quests which will lead to different playstyles. You can always go full science as the Sophons... or you can decide as E.N.F.E.R. to declare martial law on everything and go full warmonger.
Plus, being a peaceful trader and seek other victories that aren't conquest are very much viable.
Probably bots. Did they post images of codes or just typed the codes down?

what is more important, that the hansa gets all bonuses from nearby resources or that it is within six tiles from one other city(the capital)?

They do, but you can still (or at least in 1.5.1, looking at the building's code in 1.6.1 implies you still can) build the Spiral Feed Hub on habitats, making them the primo energy generators.

The buildings they get are

>+4 minerals [2 energy maintenance., trash unless very strong+industrious proles]
>+8 energy [doesn't cost maintenance like the mines do]
>+4 farms, trash
>+3/3/3 science
>+4 unity and 5 happiness

Bots are all over Twitter. If they posted text-based serials then they will be gone before a human would see them. If they used images then it'd be a bit harder, and harder for a human to c/p.

>the Cravers can never actually be at peace with people
They can, as long as there is no militarist in senate.

Also, unrelatedly, in my last election the two parties that shared senate were militarists and pacifists. I feel like that kind of situation should just result in the government grinding itself to halt where no new laws can be passed until the next election.

Why does the United Empire not start as a dictatorship

Images with one letter omitted

thanks bruteforcing robotists

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. I'm actually okay with it. It takes a lot of effort to cause themto stop being hard-coded towards eating other people and opens up interesting playstyles.

Get on my level.

oh

okay.

the gameplay doesn't reflect this in the slightest

Empire should get a provisional Governor on each system then (with garbage skilltrees) until you appoint a real one.

youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

Nice hologram.

Is the Riftborn faction questline supposed to just abruptly end after quest 4 or did the game bug? Are there no quest victories like in EL?

Also rate my system.

Cut your hair and get a job, god dangit.

Game's been out for like 4 months mang

Thank you for sharing, user

What resource is the star and what do you use it for?
I'm extremely inclined to buy Endless Space 2 soon, it's #1 on my Steam Wishlist. Should I wait for sale or just get it right now?

No Quest or Diplomatic victory in ES2, and the Quests have 4 chapters with multiple steps each rather than EL's 8 small chapters.

They pretty different games. ES2 is an actual 4X for starters whereas Stellaris is a mix of GS and some really basic 4X elements. The factions in ES2 have unique abilities instead of just a collection of % modifiers, and each faction also has their own branching quest line which in addition to advancing the story presents you with different objectives and rewards. Vodyani for example are basically space nomads that live on ships and leech other factions for growth instead of colonizing normally. Horatio can gene splice other populations' traits into their own population.

The space battles are much, much better. Instead of just having one deathstack you have command point limits for fleets (which you can increase through tech), and in each battle you choose a tactic that gives some type of % modifier and also decides your different flanks' preferred range orientations. Ship design is also more varied, with weapons being split into 4 main types: missiles do massive damage at range but they're completely useless at Short range, kinetic weapons are all-rounders that can also shoot down missiles, lasers are also all-rounders and have better crit rate, and beams only work in short range and do massive damage. In addition there's also other modules that give fleet-wide bonuses and different ship types prioritize other ship types, encouraging varied fleet composition with support ships.

In addition there's also galactic market (and if one builds the related wonder they become in control of it and can set trade taxes), much more fleshed out internal politics where parties being in control enables you to enact laws that give empire wide bonuses, peaceful conversion of enemy systems if you influence encompasses it, actual 4X victory conditions etc.

I wouldn't recommend buying it yet though. The main global academy quest event they hyped in trailers that's important endgame stuff is currently bugged in many parts, rendering the quest stuck for most people.

The star is influence. You can spend it to get empire-wide bonuses or to do diplomacy. One of the factions can also use it to buyout techs and construction.

come on I need to know

can someone in game take a picture of the "hive mind" ethic and post it please

thanks

The star is influence, you use it on everything diplomatic or government-involved (I.E. maintaining laws, declaring war, signing trade agreements, influencing elections, culturally subverting and stealing rival systems). It also determines how far your borders extend from your systems. One faction, the United Empire, can also use it to buy-out constructions and technology, and gets a sum of influence from constructing buildings and ships.

>People are already having a shitpost war between Stellaris and ES2

THEY'RE BOTH GOOD GAMES MANG
JUST PLAY BOTHA DEM

This whole temple scream heresy from every pebble
Where is the option nuke it and purge whoever mention it's existence?

That's a bit disappointing then, all I got for finishing the entire chain was a medicore tech. I was confused because the quest text made it seem like there was supposed to be a followup but it never came.

What was will be my man

>replying to a 2 hour old post
>trying to start shit between 2 retards
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP

THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE THE TRINE THE QUINE

No, it won't you chaos heretic scum

From what I can tell, I think they're supposed to last just until Isyander and the Academy quest starts, similar to how in Endless Legend the search for the spaceship starts once you complete your quest. A shame you can't get victory that way, though.

how 2 make riftborn balanced?

They already are

Their forms are geometrically perfect and so already in balance, silly.

Which technology unlocks new law slots?

riftborn rule 34 when

Progressing through the empire era.

Too bad the quest is currently bugged to hell and usually breaks at one step or another, so most players won't be seeing it at current release version. Looking at game files there seems to be even cutscenes dedicated to it.

Left tech quadrant unlocks new slots. Not actual tech you research, but getting to the next era level. If you're Dictatorshit you can't get more law slots.

Oh, I see.
Thanks.

bam done

Do the bonuses from the lower system development levels go into the higher ones or do I need to use the same resource each time if I want to keep that bonus?

So i have installed in stellaris ISB New Ship Classes and Realistic Ship + patch in Stellaris.
I have researched a X size weapon but still can't design anything bigger than a Battlecruiser, do i need more specific techs or mods just fucked up?

They all stack.

>Tundra
FILTHY BIOTICS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hopefully soon.

Fuck yes my negro

Nice, thanks.

Make it so you can't accept other aliens into your systems.
Fuck aliens man, I just want my systems to be filled with nothing but geometrically perfect robots. Is that too much to ask for?

Replace them with horatio, done.

I just got here from work, just going through posts as I scroll through the thread.

Noice

>Riftborn
>Not Vodyani

What's the matter user, never wanted to grab soft bags of dust before?

>Vodyani rule 34

> Round earth
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFAKE

>have peace with unfallen
>years of good relations
>suddenly they entwine to one of my systems
>"Get your ships out of our system"
>uh...ok
>it starts being leeched by vodyani
>go to kill them
>"Why you have ships on OUR system, cold war"
>notice entwine actually means siege and my system is slowly becoming theirs
>they entwine another one
Fucking trees, fuck them and their "heart", harmony my ass, should have stay away from my systems you cunts.