If it cannot survive a fall off of a mountain it's DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

>if it cannot survive a fall off of a mountain it's DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

Why do cars have to be so shitty when it comes to safety features, when things like motorcycles are (thankfully) completely unfucked with?

>get hit while on bike
>die

>get hit while in car while not wearing seat belt
>less likely to die but still thrown around inside the cuck cage

Why the double standards? Why do cars have to be so much safer than bikes?

And no im not advocating for bikes to have to follow shitty safety regulations

Other urls found in this thread:

transport.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/Research/Documents/Motorcycles-2014.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=bjB9fszqXDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bikes are a smaller volume market, they can get away with less because its more "specialized"
stop baiting cagers just to get you tho, made you deserve a sage

just get an r1 go kart, my dude

get a load of this meltdown cam

@17745950
>answer your question
>MELTDOWN1!!1!
>SPERG MORE HAHA BTFO
>i dont know what im talking about and i want more (you)s please
i dont even own a car, faggot. i legit explained what you asked and yet you go full autist
pic related, mine.

@17745990
STALKER: Shadow of user

Because the jews make more money off selling you protective gear than trying to sell you safety features on your deathwish machine.

Actually politicians from my country have said in the past that motorcycles are an incredibly stupid idea and are only legal because of customary right. If they'd be invented now they'd never get permission on public roads. So the double standards are already being acknowledged, it's just that bikes have been here for too long to do away with them now.

What bike?

@everyone

are you guys fucking stupid

That makes a lot of sense. I imagine that's the biggest reason they're still allowed in many countries.

As a bike rider, yes. It's like people have a right to smoke, only because 1. the manufacturers have their finger in the pie and 2. because 'people have always smoked'. Cigarettes wouldn't pass safety standards today, either. At least, I hope not.

there's enough talk about banning motorcycles
but it's unlikely imo

thing is most motorcyclists don't cause accidents
cuckcagers cause most of the accidents and kill motorcyclists

would be like banning people while talking about banning guns

yawn.bmp

It's about half/half.
Most cagers are just looking for cars when they milisecond-check intersections, I get the same shit in my miata with 15x8's and sticky wheels.
Motorbikes are inherently unstable, so there's the other half.

I'm just talking statistically
it's not 50/50 there
cagers literally cause most of the accidents where motorcyclists are involved

Depends on which country you're pulling stats from.
In NZ, some 10% of road deaths are bikes where something like 2% of all roadusers at an average time are motorcyclists.
Additionally, a smidge more than 50% of accidents involving motorcycles place the cyclist at primary fault.

Having said that, ACC (government compensation) was recently rakes across the coals in including dirtbikes/ATVs and offroad incidents in these road stats, but still it's not really in the bikers favour as not being of primary fault.

transport.govt.nz/assets/Uploads/Research/Documents/Motorcycles-2014.pdf

Page 9, non-fatal crashes are slightly in the bikers favour, but it's still pretty bad.

Anyhow user, g'night. I'm off to bed.

rz350 mate
after '86 i think they stopped being produced in the us, and only a few places have the fully dressed version ('89+)
>thinking im samefagging
notice the lack of bike attached to those posts.

great thread everyone

anyways, I'd chalk it up to soccer moms DEMANDING cars be safe for Tyrone's children, and instead of voting with their wallet, forced the government to make it so. Which I find disappointing, because I never knew we had cars that could do in the 50s and 60s of mileage in the 90s, while shit like that is fucking unheard of on most modern shitboxes.

Lolbertarianism wins again

Bikes are an avenue of social darwinism. Only retards ride bikes so it is in the best interest of society that they remain death traps.

>only retards ride bikes
why do you think this though

It's the same in the UK, a huge number of motorcyclists die in "Single vehicle accidents" meaning they fucked up and crashed on their own
youtube.com/watch?v=bjB9fszqXDI

I don't know, because the chances of getting maimed or killed due to some moron are far greater riding a motorcycle than a car?

So just because it's dangerous?
You're not just rolling a dice when you go out riding. Crashes don't just happen by chance.
If you cut out anything that increases your chance of injury/death in your life you would be pretty bored.
And people still die in car crashes every day.

>just because it's dangerous?
No, because it's more dangerous.
That's really it.
Of course the driver's skill comes into play, but there's no way even the most talented driver can predict others stupidity accurately. The end result is that you have to assume other idiots will fuck things up, even if you don't, making a car the safer choice by definition.

>Crashes don't just happen by chance
Lmao, what is my insurance doing in Veeky Forums?

>because it's more dangerous.

Yeah but it's also more fun.

your drivers must be really shit or I'm really lucky to get away with about 500km a week in all sorts of places and conditions for the last few years and at least 200km a week for 6 years now

Maybe it helps that I spend most of my day driving through traffic but I haven't been in a totally unavoidable mva yet

>Yeah but it's also more fun
You're probably right, but no one's denying that.

>your drivers must be really shit
They are.
>Maybe it helps
It does.

>I haven't been in a totally unavoidable mva yet
Hopefully, you never will be.
But it's one of those things that's always a possibility.