/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Good Rome mods when edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Taleworlds will be at E3 2017: e3expo.com/show-info/3198/e3-2017-participating-companies/

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/m8UDSqYp

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Dickplomacy
moddb.com/mods/dickplomacy
>Modded Hispania 1200
mediafire.com/file/51qiedmuthgm804/Hispania2000_modded.7z
>Parabellum : Get it while it's hot
mega.nz/#!vwNlVTaK!lwtK9-TRW7Gyycs_gvWdkO355KhiZeh2wonb9rOoFug

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/bello-civili-the-roman-civil-war
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why can't the peasants just farm in peace?

i'm posting this to honour this user's dying wish. and to remind you of all the anons that died without meeting the Bannerlord including everyone who is reading this.

Remember that if you unite Calradia in Bannerlord, it's automatically non-canon.

forgot the pic. shit.

shit i just noticed the mp
i'll be there in five minutes it better fucking still be up

I got two castles near Dhirim. Do I keep capturing stuff for the glory of his majesty King Graveth, or should I stockpile troops and start maneuvering to create my own kingdom?

rhodoks are white and based

LONG MAY HE REIGN

/mbg/ can't do tactics for shit

Here is info from behind paywall of that German article (Stolen From Reddit)
Melee system is staying much the same, but improved. Range matters more - for thrusts, for example, the tip will do very little damage, but hit too deep and you may not be able to pull your sword back out? Will that mean you lose the weapon, or just need to pull it out and just slow you down? You'll want to hit on the 'sweetspot' with all weapons.
Every conceivable medieval weapon is apparently present. Daggers, swords, axes, spears, lances, crossbows, bows, throwing weapons, bombs, fists.
Blocking works much the same. Gore has been added - decapitation, blood splatters on the environment. You can apparently make the rivers turn red, although the video-maker suspects this is hyperbole.
Tournaments are 'tidier' and more organized, with a definite 'tier system' called the Tournament Tree. Everyone starts with the same, low equipment, but the more rounds you win the better the equipment becomes.
Story mode and sandbox mode are two separate modes. There will be story missions. Can follow the 'main quest', which helps you get started, or go off on your own thing.
>cont

We did it reddit
Also, reminder we are playing moddb.com/mods/bello-civili-the-roman-civil-war at the moment on MountandFeast password: butterlord

Cities and villages are more complex - more NPCs present in every village and city, various factions present in every city. Companions change what quests are available. One example quest was being paid to beat up some gangsters, but you could talk to them and turn them into your own minions - or agree to help them take over the city. Much more complex improvements, with castle-building in villages?
Mercenary work returns, and you can indeed join as a soldier in another lord's army. Your lord will give you orders in battle, and will control your movements in battle.
Battle commands are more or less the same, but you can choose the exact positions for people, advanced formations and much less limited orders.
A great deal remains unfinished, including most of the skills. The battle system is mostly finished, but the dialogue and such is incomplete.
Mod developers will have all the same tools as the game developers. Actual advanced, built-in mod tools available straight from release.
>cont

So basically no groundbreaking info i guees, i bet Ginge isnt going to give us shit at E3 guys,

GINGEEEEEEEE

>Romans

nice

I'd get a wealthy town before, or alternatively take one as your first move.
cant go around worrying too much about economy when armies are after you.

Rocks > Phalanxes

Bastilla > Phalanx

>ywn be this mad you got HELLENE'D

I can't see the server, what game version are you on?

the current one

WHO WILL WIN IN THE WAR OF THE PATHING?

P I K E S
I
K
E
S

we line formation now

Pikes are the most OP infantry unit

they get countered by swords and 2h you scrub

not really desu

FUCKING PIKEFAGS

>when you outskill the admin over and over

>when a bunch of spics with long sticks defeat the roman empire

>pick phalanx
>win

uhh m&bbabs?

that can't be right, /mbg/ told me polearms were useless

nice

stop this propaganda polearms have always been useless

>Me and 7-8 other lords capture Narra
>Harlaus gives it to someone that was not even there

Fuck you

>rome mod
>rome gets absolutely BTFO every time
uhh... this can't be happening!

Does a Kingdom ever stop existing in Warband?

It says Vargirs doesn't occupy anywhere, and we have their king as a prisoner.

You have to beat all their lords on the map

ded

>unrealistically high athletics skill
so this... is the power..... of cheating in warband......

.......whoa

>unrealistically high shitposting skill

I love this webm
best newfag filter on /mbg/

Ded

Aliv

Ok, hullo

A GREAT DEAL REMAINS UNFINISHED

NO RELEASE THIS YEAR CONFIRMED

KEK

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>A great deal remains unfinished
>remains unfinished
>unfinished
ok see you E3 next year

Who are the Serbs of mountain blade?

serbs is all factions

no full-release this year, that is
MP only beta Q4 2017

ded

on the chinese mod, is there a list of where i can find all the companions.

how can you even play it for more than 5 minutes

It probably help that it's best mod out there for soloing armies and it has a bunch of unique items

why not? whats wrong with it? i actually like how every city is made and even tough the chinese factgions all look alike, i can fight enemy armo with less men, one downside is how every lord is programmed to siege castles with 100 soldiers or less even if they have 1 unite left.

also one thing i love about this mod is how castles and cities stop enemy lords from raping and pillaging your villages, i have dyeworks in many places and i make a lot of dosh.

recommend me an ideal battle size, /mbg/.

What's the name of the texture that the pilgrim robes use?

400 vs400

big enough for archers infantry and horses to be effective but not big enough to slow down your pc.

300 is the point where engine starts to have problems

it's one of the old original M&B ones, probably one of the costumes materials
just use the hyperlink from the model

too big for me, should I disable forced single threading mode?

>800
kek no
the more complicated a mod is the lower the battle size

then go with 400

Where is this hyperlink?

Could you conquer Calradia using only Khergit troops?

I see you're playing 1257, I have my battlesize set to 750 in the ini but in actual battles it only goes up to 150v150. Do some trial and error I guess.

where it says material

good shit

that mod.ini setting doesn't actually change the battlesize, just the UI
you have to edit the rgl_config to edit battlesize

I have set it to 450, still lags. wtf

>how do we increase the difficulty of our mod?
>I know, let's just spam the map with enemy parties of 1000+ OP units that no lord dares to attack! that will make the mod fun and challenging and not tiresome at all!

I meant that, not sure why I said ini. Maybe because it's been so long since I've played any other mods or changed the battlesize ;-;

Where does it say that?

i have no idea what mod that is, but it's completely shit
play dickplomacy instead

nvm. the lag is not that bad

right in the middle

Sure, but I bet you'd have to pull a lot of the weight yourself.

no lords dare attack because they are all neutral, but if you make your own faction the lords of your faction can attack them too.

Oh, so it's not left in the middle? What?
Wrong. Lords get repeatedly ground down by them. But, they do occasionally meet when the marshall gathers a large force leading in victory.

nope, they don't dare attack because they never travel in bands of more than 500, while the zerg armies are 900+.

no i mean, some groups like those purple armored fuckers who only target you but nobody else.

That's strange. Are you playing with a modified game? All factions should be set as hostile to the heretics.

>those purple armored fuckers who only target you
an hour after my picture they fought Wolfbode the Slayer, so you're pretty wrong
try again

use your eyes, jesus christ

Yeah, I seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Do you mean the mesh name? No textures under the name of monie_b.

right there you fucking retard

I wasn't using that software at all. I just wanted to recolour the robes blue so Jeremus could be a wizard.

buddy giving a guy a blue robe doesn't make him a wizard

Yes it does, he's going to be throwing cabbage-shaped magic missiles too.