Dodge Magnum

I have the opportunity to get a dodge magnum off my neighbor. It has 130,000 miles and it has a V6 with All wheel drive. If i were to get it it would cost me about 2,000. Is it worth it?

no. srt8 or gtfo.

That depends, are we black?

Depends, do you have a job driving coffins from the morgue to the cemetery

seems like a fair price

go for it

fucking love magnums

Not sure about V6 ones. though. awd might make it cool if it snows where you live.

the 3.8 is a shit engine

It super clean, I just want it as a DD

TLDR: Yes.
Magnum is a classic. I own one :) Get it. You can always swap for the V8 (or get creative w/ an LS) later. If it was driven on salt roads/beaches the rust will be bad, but for $2k, drive the wheels off it. If the inner/outer tie rods haven't been replaced, they're bad right now (always do inner and outer at the same time). $150 in parts, do the job yourself. Get a prof allignment after. If it needs tires get the 235s as they will fill the wells better with no rub (225 is stock). If it's a 2005 model, all the better. IMO, the first year was the best (but any year is good). Magnum was only 2005-2009 and then was discontinued due to poor sales, which blows my mind because, here in SoCal at least, they're everywhere! And the Bose stock radio was very nice. The trans in this car is from Mercedes and is solid. At 130k, do a filter change and flush. Regardless of what the owner says, change the oil when you get it and do that religiously every 3k no matter what your driving habbits. The V8 wants 89 octane. Not sure about the v6, but friends say the R/T V8 runs fine on 86. This car is computerized like a star ship. The shop manuals are 4(5?) 2 inch think monsters; you can get these on ebay for $150'ish. The car is super cool looking and super utilitarian simultaneously (says the person pining over a Ford Country Squire).

P.S.
See lxforums.com for a wealth of info!

I'd probably go for it. Got a ZJ with quadratrac right now, would probably feel similar.

Will the SRT8 engine bolt onto the AWD transmission? I feel like not but just guessing.

IT'S NOT FUCKING WORTH IT. IT'S A PIECE OF SHIT WITH OUT THE V8. Kys Chrysler fanboy.

As a $2k shitbox it's a good deal. Not worth anything for performance.

2000 is cheap for a driveable car. Does it has any problems? Why is he selling to such low price?

He's tired of looking at this shit every day.

He is an old man and doesn't drive it anymore. He just wants to get rid of it

get it, looks great

I'd roll around in a 2k magnum shitbox. Go for it.

wow

2.7 is a shit
3.5 not bad
2k either way all day get you title and flip it for 3k and buy a civic with a few simple mods

Buy it

Yes for a beater car/winter car.

Get it man looks cool

>people actually suggesting spending money on a high mileage ugly v6 dodge shitbox
Proof that Veeky Forums has the absolute worst taste in automobiles